Philosophy is for failed artists or scientists...

philosophy is for failed artists or scientists. no one would choose to be a philosopher over a genius composer or a genius scientist, because it is always a last resort profession, for failures and frauds
>Nietzsche - wanted to be a composer and failed
>Wittgenstein - wanted to be an engineer, failed, wanted to be a mathematician, failed, wanted to be a musician, failed
>Heidegger - wished he was a poet/artist, failed
>Schopenhaur - wished he was a musician so that wouldn't have to live his boring philosopher life, failed
>Russell - wanted to be a mathematician, wasn't as smart as other mathematicians and so opted for philosophy
>every single modern anglo philosopher - wished they were mathematicians, so they try pathetically to use mathematical symbols and logic in their philosophy so that they can at least get the aesthetic of it

Philosophers are also all sad manlets trying to compensate for low self esteem
>Heidegger was like 5 feet
>Wittgenstein - 5'6"
>Nietzsche 5'8"
>Camus - 5'7"
>Kant - 5'0" LMAO
>Sartre - 5'0" LMFAO
>Derrida - 5'5"
>Zizek - 5'8"
etc. etc. etc..

Philosophers wish they could make an impact on the world, they wish they could create beautiful works of art, they wish they could be good looking Chads, but they always fail, so they try to argue their way out of it, reason their way our of it: "I may not be able to get that cute girl, but, uh, it's because I'm the Ubermensch, hehehe, right guys!?" Every philosophical theory has been overturned, and philosophy has NEVER come up with a definitive answer. It is a failed field, and no one takes it seriously. Philosophers are all sad, pathetic, delusional people.

And what about Leopardi? He wanted to be a philosopher but ended up being the best poet of the 19th century

>this thread again
Oh boi

OP's thought after reading and not understanding The Republic

Veeky Forums here. This is why you start with the Greeks. Not only were they buff, they had no conflict with wanting to be other things, because the Greeks saw philosophy, mathematics, music etc as intertwined and interconnected. They were ugly as hell but they had the power to fuck any bum they wanted, male or female. When Socrates was poisoned the nigga(er) just accepted his fate because he had no regrets after a life spent lifting and thinking

Philosophy is the foundation of life itself, more important than artists (composers included).

>They were ugly as hell
Objectively false.

Wrong.

there isnt a single failed scientist in your list so please remove that word, i dont know where you got it from, whered you find it

A mathematician is considered a scientist

>Veeky Forums here
Ah an idiot
>Not only were they buff
From calisthenics and distance running?
>they had no conflict with wanting to be other things, because the Greeks saw philosophy, mathematics, music etc
So they managed to avoid the distraction of doing other things by doing them all?

>So they managed to avoid the distraction of doing other things by doing them all?
This sentence is so vague that makes you look much more like an idiot than Veeky Forums

The point was to rephrase it in such a way to demonstrate it was nonsense, that should be intuitive by the tone

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

my nigga

Mathematics is by definition not a science.

Oh really? And what's the definition of science? And the definition of mathematics?

This thread is below Veeky Forums's level. Please leave the board and move to /pol/, tv/, etc.

Thanks.

>THIS IS WHAT STEMLORDS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

Nice argument motherfucker

yeah it's true OP
you're right
nice insight

>be Heidegger
>be 5 foot nazi hobbit
>still get to bone Arendt when she was a young qt3.14

>be Sartre
>be 5 foot troglodyte
>still get to bone Simone de Beauvoir and countless young french frills

Philosophy is coping, no girl or chad has ever contributed to it because they have never felt blue for long.

>Ah an idiot

>Caring about your health and physique makes you an idiot

/fitlit/ is the masterrace, you dumb nerd.

>being an incel will make me a genius

God damn the sadness of this place.

"Mathematics is the science of quantity" – Aristotle

"Mathematics is the Queen of the Sciences" – Carl Friedrich Gauss

"Mathematics is the science that draws necessary conclusions" – Benjamin Peirce

"Mathematics is the science of formal systems" – Haskell Curry

"Mathematics is the main driving force behind scientific discovery" – Marcus du Sautoy

Kill yourselves retards.

that's the exact kind of non-lateral, 2d, unexponential thinking I'd anticipate from a NONVIRGIN

REEEEEEEEEEEE

GET THE FUCK OUT

Dude you realize up to the 20th century they called literally everything a science, its only been recently that the term has had some serious standards attached

Sexual frustration is a hell of a fucking motivator, its why gays used to be so talented before they were "sexually liberated" and just became cock sucking jokes

I see the importance of sport and fitness, but I'm completely unable to imagine a jock who reads with interest and passion. Maybe someone who plays sports, that's fine, but not someone who wastes his time lifting weights in an air-conditioned room.

you fucking dumbass
those quotes mean "Wissenschaft", a systematic enterprise
science hasn't meant that since the mid twentieth century

I can make up some bullshit about poetry being the science of musical language or prose being the science of emotional narratives

grow up retard

Fucking REKT

I know but it's quite dumb to attack someone just because he said maths is considered a science, which is true. You know what? You people are dumb, because I'm willing to bet you read that like "Mathematics is a science" instead of "Mathematics is considered a science". Funny how Veeky Forums has the lowest ability of reading comprehension on the whole Veeky Forums.

Hey loser shut up, you'd look smarter.

>I'm willing to bet you read that like "Mathematics is a science" instead of "Mathematics is considered a science". Funny how Veeky Forums has the lowest ability of reading comprehension on the whole Veeky Forums.

So because someone wants to talk like a passive aggressive faggot I'm supposed to not react to his arguments? Get the fuck out of here then

What arguments? What arguments??? I'm laughing at your madness and retardation (explosive mix, uh?)

I'll fucking kick your ass you piece of shit
give me your fucking home address and I'll bomb your house

Not today, try reddit instead

O-ho!

all art, philosophy and literature are about sex

I wonder if entire ideologies have been created because of physical inferiority.

Like contemplative religious traditions always vouch for celibacy for example, and although their arguments are coherent, I can't help but feel that they are rationalizations sprung from lack of pussy. I've never seen a monk, or religious figure, that was a 6'2 big-dicked turbo chad. These are also not the people turning towards these kinds of traditions.
In the same way, the people these days that go around around yelling 'degeneracy!' are always autistic, ugly, beta, small dicked, etc. Again, I've never seen a male model looking ass motherfucker campaigning for celibacy, because of course, why would they? It's not a problematic area of life for them.

I find that in general strong ideologies always attract meek people. Like the Nazi high command was filled with a bunch of manlet, weak jawlined, turbo beta's. Or for example, I like to read up on the occult, and most prominent occult figures have also been fat, ugly, bald, etc.

I reckon it's to do with the fact that when people can't full fill their primary biological function - simply put; they can't get laid- because of physical ineptitude e.g. lack of attractive physical attributes, they turn towards an ideological output to justify their lack of 'base fulfilment'.

>I wonder if entire ideologies have been created because of physical inferiority.

Of course, the most famous and successful of them is known as Judaism

Wrong

>Maybe someone who plays sports, that's fine, but not someone who wastes his time lifting weights in an air-conditioned room.
This desu, I was into lifting weights for 4 years, I know the community and mentality. Weights are not /fitlit/. Sport, calisthenic, labor and running are.

Although this is clear bait, I do know a manlet who wants to be a philosopher because he failed at his sciences.

He is currently trying to disprove the existence of God

>tears of laughter

I'm a manlet and I failed to be a doctor. Does that mean I'll be a philosopher ? :D

>Maybe someone who plays sports
It can happen. See Michel Clouscard for example.

Probably not since you're probably asian and therefore have extremely little critical thinking ability

yeah you better watch it kid. Back the off, pussy. Yeah. Shut up like the little bitch you are.

No I'm a French Jew

Christ, you have no excuse

What do you mean user ? Can't I be the new Weininger ?

>failed scientist
I've studied both a hard science and philosophy on college and the latter gave me a way harder time ngl buddy boyo

Wittgenstein didn't fail at engineering. He chose philosophy over it because he found philosophy more interesting, challenging, and important. Engineering came easily to him.

Same, STEM being hard is a meme

>Engineering came easily to him
This is true, he actually make schematics for a Helicopter before WW1 that was later proven to be airworthy

PERFECT, ready to destroy western civilization?

>Not only were they buff, they had no conflict with wanting to be other things, because the Greeks saw philosophy, mathematics, music etc as intertwined and interconnected.
>When Socrates was poisoned the nigga(er) just accepted his fate because he had no regrets after a life spent lifting and thinking

You know nothing.

Get out of the gym and into a library.

this

keep Veeky Forums alive

Bruh: science here is used as "systematic study." It it no way implies inductive science which is now what is denoted by the word in common parlance.

I'm not a white woman user

Dont you fucking dare talk about white women like that you smelly rat faced hebe

He's right though