What are some good jobs for writers?
Taking into account
>jobs that require reading/writing
>jobs that provide amazing experiences to write about
>jobs that give you free time to read and write

Bonus points if it doesn't require a college degree

McDonald's

web content writer for seo company

I work at Starbucks. The pay is decent and so are the benefits. It's a physically demanding job, though. And sooner or later you'll get tired of college students.

paramedic

This but the pay is shit.

I'm working in theater as a stage designer and a costume designer. Creative, and, if the play is based off of a book, plenty reason to read it. More than that-

Any job.

A poor paying, terrible job will provide the incentive to take writing seriously - because the alternative is unthinkable. A financially and physically comfortable job will seduce you into complacency.

>When the memes are real

Hey I'm on my way to being a great writer!

Just be aware that becoming a great writer will mean little to anyone besides you. It's a trait valued less and less by the commercial entities that dictate our culture.

You'd be surprised by how few aspiring artists wind up at coffee shops. I'm the only one I know. Everyone else is a student of some incredibly practical discipline, like accounting.

Like the other guy said, a shitty job makes you want to escape into writing and maybe into being a successful author.

I'm a janitor. Gives me plenty of time to listen to audiobooks, though I try to only listen to lighter fare. Still don't know if listening to a book is as good as reading it, probably not.

>working
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nice joke buddy

Military

Is this a meme for ants?

Any job which you can automate for yourself, such that your employer thinks you are spending an 8 hour day on your trivial task, when in reality you are running some high school tier script and masturbating to your hobby of choice.

Librarian

This or living innawoods

This but only if you live outside the US. I was a military parasite for years and did nothing all day besides driving some big wig around when they wanted (like once a week). Job stability is ridiculous since I could just dich assigned office work and nobody would care as long I complied with dress and grooming standards and did immediate demands right away.

Did some serious reading at the time but quit because it was mind numbing and felt like your life was going nowhere. Plenty of free time to write if that is your goal

I'd like to join the military but if I got assigned to drive a truck on a base somewhere I'd neck myself
My dad was an EOD diver that fucking trained dolphins to find bombs, nothing I'd get assigned to would ever be that badass

>in reality you are running some high school tier script and masturbating to your hobby of choice
the boredom though
you need mindful self-care

Unless you're an exceptional writer(in which case, you wouldn't be making this thread) either pic writing and typing with little pay and no free time, or a good job with lots of down time but with little reading and writing.

At least learn some Excel and Access for an Administrative Assistant job.