Decided I'd try eat a healthier breakfast and try museli

>decided I'd try eat a healthier breakfast and try museli
>measure the amount of cereal I'm eating
>21g of sugar per bowl

What the fuck? How is this shit considered healthy?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (178x350, 41K)

It's not. Although that one has all its sugars from dried fruit, the modern breakfast cereal being thought of as healthy dates back to the weird masochistic health trends of the 1800's. They thought eating bowls of cold processed grains, daily enemas, forced masturbation of women and permanent nofap for men was healthy. A lot of shit like that looks funny to us. A lot of shit we do and eat now will look funny in 200 years.

Are the sugars from dried fruit healthy though? Because 21 grammes seems like a fuck tonne.

It's fine, sugar is only bad for you in excess.

Do carbohydrates count as sugar?
Also sugar isn't bad per se.

But isn't like 21g first thing in the morning excess? I do like to eat a chocolate bar throughout the day.

>is dried fruit bad for me
>eats a fucking candy bar

Jesus.

One small bar isn't going to kill you retard. I ask this because there's 4 times the sugar in that museli then there is in a small bar.

Post the nutrition data of the candy bar.

How could it possibly get any worse? Unless food becomes healthier and everyone looks back to laugh at the HCFS era

>they genuinely believed replacing fruit and whole grains with processed meat and fat was "healthy"

Attached: 619-02356518en_Masterfile.jpg (450x300, 33K)

So did you just realize you misread the label and are pretending this exchange didn't happen or what?

>21g of sugar
>seems like a fuck tonne.
that's half the sugar of a can of coke

but still a bit moe than a recommended portion size.
if you're concerned sugar intake then try a muesli without dried fruit and add fresh fruit. then you have more control over what you're putting into your body.

Attached: faggotman.png (985x856, 346K)

6g of sugar.

You could make your own mix - rolled oats, and whatever amount of whatever dried fruits and nuts you like.

Its not the same as added processed sugar m8. Sugar from fruit is fine you just dont want to eat much more than 25 grams a day.

>6g of sugar
put that into context please. is that a serving size, a square, per 100 grams, %????

what's the name of the bar?

You don't think people will stop eating so much junk food garbage? I don't see why future people wouldn't laugh at our lab created sugars and fats. We already laugh at some of the over-processed food products from only 50 years back. I also think they're gonna laugh at our overfed malnourished poor people vs underfed malnourished poor people global dichotomy, this being gilded age 2: techno boogaloo.

But who fucking knows? We'd like to think science and wisdom will always march forward, continually refining the human experience, but this may not be so.

The nutrition table, fag.
Or just the name, I'll look it up myself.

They'll laugh at our absurd diets where we think fats and carbs are bad

Not trying to be controversial, but is it really the same? Dried fruit still has the fiber, but it has so little volume that it would be very easy to overeat it compared to fresh fruit. For instance, a handful of raisins is really a bunch of grapes. I would think you'd have to be mindful of the relative conversion rates.

did op die of obesity already?

He's desperately trying to find a candy bar with 6 grams of sugar and only coming up with these.

Attached: snickers-miniature-candy-bars-128871.jpg (580x580, 58K)

kek

Attached: 1521063773301.gif (366x360, 1.97M)

>modern society
>gilded age

Nig we on the downslope into glovalized serfdom. We're gonna reach a point where poor people in places like the US will be forced to move to india and work for 20c an hour because lower class jobs literally wont exist here anymore.

Wtf only 2.1 grams of fiber what is this for then?

Everyone but you United States "people" are already (still) laughing at your use of HFCS

They put it in fucking BREAD.

Serving size is 40 grams. 21 of that is sugar. What the mother of fuck. 40g is nothing.

That's per 100g of dry product, you retard. It even says differently in the pic you're quoting.

[taking the piss in French]

Where does it say a serving size is 100g

Where does it say a serving is 21g of sugar?

No but sugar is a carb

this serving also accounts for skim milk which would make up ~6g of sugar

Lots of its from the natural sugar in the dried fruits which is better for you than added sugars. Your body processes natural sugars much better than it can added sugars.

>Serving size is 40 grams.
Correct. That's the recommended serving size that's clearly written on the packet.

> 21 of that is sugar
Incorrect. 21 grams of OP's serving size may be sugar. But OP's serving size must be about double the recommended serving size because the listed amount of sugar for the recommended serving size of 40 grams is only 14 grams, and that includes the sugar in the added milk (as pointed out). So really we're looking at a figure of around 10g of sugar for every 40g serving size. OP claims to be eating double that.
And since the label gives no baseline of 'per100g' then it's little wonder that Americans get so confused about healthy eating and the metric system.

>Lots of its from the natural sugar in the dried fruits which is better for you than added sugars. Your body processes natural sugars much better than it can added sugars.
wew lass

>forced masturbation of women and permanent nofap for men
perfect