What’s your town “famous” for?

what’s your town “famous” for?
Pic related. It’s not even that good yet people flock to it

Attached: DD47C1EE-4DFA-424F-9951-A2DCD355AA9E.jpg (1600x1200, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YtdQbGSVSwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My very small Florida town has a deli that's known for great sandwiches, primarily Cubans. But that reputation only spreads out through a couple other counties, if that much.

So.....it's just grilled chicken? That's pretty lame.

I thought Manchester was famous for Oasis?

Attached: rs-211466-GettyImages-85216701.jpg (700x394, 51K)

>turn on Veeky Forums
>it's yet another daddy issues thread
>turn off Veeky Forums

it's broiled chicken

Food wise, pic related or pan de campo.

Attached: King Ranch Chicken by Yesterfood 1.jpg (1032x868, 638K)

Fries on sandwiches. I hate it.

Of all the Manchester bands
I hope this is bait

We used to grow Almonds but now we dont.

Chicken bog. It's essentially a chicken paella, which is usually from my experience executed poorly.

jesus christ that's the third saddest thing I've read today

Then why do they show it in big grill cages over open fires at their "festival"? That's grilling, not broiling.

Fried marsbars

what am i, fucking jambi or something, i don't know

>That's grilling, not broiling.
only to ameritards.

There's a hundred little towns across America and Australia named after the real Manchester in England.

I think Manchester is mostly famous for Vimto. All the other stuff we have (like the 'Manchester Egg') just feels like someone wanted to make a local dish just because everyone else had one.

So this is just a yearly thing, not even a normal thing?

I'm moving to a smaller town and I'm not really sure what it's known for yet except there's a cider mill, a CSA and you can get buffalo wings at general stores.

Attached: chicken-broil-sign.jpg (384x512, 104K)

The city I work in, yet refuse to live in features 'beavertails' as it's signature food...the garlic butter and cheese one is damn tasty...

so is that just a more pastryish flatbread? I'm and moving to Watertown/Fort Drum so I won't be too far and figure I'll wind up visiting at some point.

Attached: beavertails.jpg (550x412, 46K)

What part of greater Mexico are you from?

My hometown is known for apple blossoms and apples, our 91st festival will be held this year.

Tejas.

>Houston
Uh, lean, I guess.

They are fried, not baked.

420 Munchies Cafe
Sarasota, Fl

DUDE WEED

We're the first city in America to declare sanctuary city status.

We have a street with some of the best Vietnamese I've tried.
Also, teen pregnancies.

Attached: 8748179_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Based!

Yeah. People literally come from other countries to eat it and it’s mediocre

Attached: 5BC785AB-5737-483D-9A22-2C6472ED6890.jpg (3264x2448, 1.81M)

So it’s a exclusively white get together just to eat chicken? Ew. Thank god I live in Ann Arbor away from those fucking Hicks
youtu.be/YtdQbGSVSwo

Morten Bay bugs

Attached: images (4).jpg (443x332, 17K)

my hometown was known for kringle, i haven't seen it anywhere else in america than home.

I mean i might go to it if I lived nearby probably but I live 10 feet from Burgerfest every year and usually avoid it because it's just 10 good burger places killing themselves to move through lines of 100+ in 90 degree weather and I've already had the proper restaurant versions instead of the haphazardly thrown together street fest version.

Anyways, this is a lesser known Chicago southside sandwich that has gyros meat, italian beef and corned beef on a sub roll.

Attached: gymshoe.jpg (514x386, 44K)

That looks delicious

Steamed crabs

I’m from Fort McMurray, alberta. We are famous for oil sand and a really big fire 3 years ago. People get dressed up to go to Boston Pizza on a Friday night. I’m lucky when I can find produce that isn’t half spoiled when I buy it.

muskrat

Attached: muskrat.dinner-cs.8515.jpg (580x326, 44K)

Sounds like you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, dipshit.

My town is famous for Paula Deen.
And yes, her food is really fucking good.

Attached: 41A99E0B-354E-4E66-9070-FF8DCE9DB038.jpg (478x640, 210K)

my town is known far more for tourism but this is gotta be the most famous food related thing of my town

Tate's is named after Tate King who owned a farm across the street from my house. His daughter is the founder and named it after him. She taught my younger sister to make them exactly the way she does

Attached: that fire.jpg (1200x1200, 630K)

the scramble dog
I have no desire to ever

Attached: image.jpg (550x412, 54K)

From a small town in southern Idaho. Famous for cherries and meth.

The two things that immediately came to mind were sandwiches. This is a Cuban, ham, pork, genoa salami, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and pickles, sometimes lettuce and tomato. The Miami version omits the salami, and uses different bread.

Attached: carminescubano.jpg (650x650, 171K)

what the fuck is this

Second is the grouper sandwich, usually blackened or fried.

Besides that, my city is the home of Outback Steakhouse, and the greater Bay area birthed Bonefish Grill and Hooters. I'm not too sure if people think of the city when they think of blooming onions, bang bang shrimp, or tits n wings, but whatever.

Attached: p-BigRaysFishCamp_54_990x660.jpg (990x660, 165K)

I thought it was cool in high school, but the food really is fucking awful, meme-tier.

I've been to that Hooters in Clearwater. I had a ghastly old server who had apparently been there since it was opened. Fucking horrifying. Food was good though.

what up fellow 613
want to meet up and try anal?

Best food place in Asia.

Singapore is the intersect of all Southeast Asian foods, Indian/Malay food, Chinese food etc.

Our food culture was developed in earlier "migrant worker" times, so everything is cheap and tasty as fuck.

We're also an island so we (used to) have legit seafood.

We've got the curries from India, all the best dishes from China, all the weird colonial fusion things from Indochina. Char Kway Teow, Laksa, Satay, Murtabaks, Bak Chor Mee, Nasi Lemak, Hokkien Mee, Ayam Panggang, Chili crab, Char Siew, Hainanese Chicken Rice, Mee Rebus, Bak Kut Teh. All the best fucking shit.

Come to Singapore guys.

Attached: sg.png (961x377, 963K)

I'm not too far from you then. I guess my area (NE GA) has the weirdly specific chicken mull, which is basically a really thick, creamy chicken soup with an asston of black pepper and hot sauce, in my experience. Though I currently live closer to Augusta/Aiken, and of course all anyone knows about us here is pimiento cheese sandwiches. The ones they sell at the Masters are utter shit, find anywhere that serves it warm with hot pepper jelly and you've found real pimiento cheese.

Attached: IMG_1781.jpg (1500x1125, 129K)

garbage plates.

Attached: H3dz6bO.jpg (1536x2048, 648K)

Apparently burritos with french fries in it. I didn't know until I was 26

People talk like the east coast is so sophisticated but this is what I imagine

you have no idea how good they taste, californiacuck

this is unholy

and porksteaks

Attached: 9A118D89-960F-4A85-B866-492ADEA520A0.jpg (1182x490, 366K)

Indiana's famous pork tenderloin sandwich. Pile of garbage imo

Attached: 1200px-Pork_tenderloin_sandwich.jpg (1200x900, 259K)

Town I grew up in RASINS nothing but fucking RASINS and gangbangers.
Hometown famous for Orange bang and well oranges.

people act like its a local treasure
Local radio shows give away catering lunches of scrambled dogs and people make a big deal about who'se is best
it's basically just a hotdog with a bun that they cut up into a bowl of chilly and put garbage on top of

i tried making some myself but i couldn't get the taste right. do they actually use lye when making these?

Attached: soft pretzels.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Salt potatoes. Boil small potatoes in heavily salted water and wa la salt potatoes. Serve with melted butter

It sounds like a troll, but yes. If you want that proper pretzel crust, you need to soak it in lye prior to baking.

welp, i'm not fucking with that

is there anything i can add to the baking soda bath to get a better crust?

i live in a suburb of a major city that was at one point the "whitest city" in the state. if i didn't live here, i would avoid it at all costs. cops have a serious boner for giving tickets, to the point where drives are told to avoid all freeways going through this city, and driving 15 to 20 miles out of the way.

although, it does have one of the best italian bakeries in this part of the state.

i had a grouper sandwich near st augustine, way back in 97. that shit tasted almost exactly like chicken. i heard some shit that they're on the endangered list now?

Quit being scared of lye nerd

sourdough bread
it-its ice cream sandwiches
rice a roni
chinese fortune cookies
and it should be famous for its korean bbq

Attached: 1520771298143.png (1600x760, 2.33M)

We are known as Chair City. Used to be a huge furniture manufacturer back in the day. Had the title of largest chair for years. Impressed aren't you?

Attached: G vegas.jpg (400x267, 111K)

being on US Army training maps for having all primary and secondary terrain features on whatever the standard map scale is

he's a big chair

Grilling is intense heat from below. Broiling is from above. There is a difference. Europoors don’t understand this.

Also Mission style burritos which I always thought was stupid since the rest of the world just calls it a super burrito anyways.

Cioppino is from SF as well. Crab, muscles, some cod, squid, clams maybe. All in some wine and tomato based sauce. Eat that mess with some sourdough.

being filled with drunk drivers

Carne asada fries and California burritos. They're pretty okay.

Ehhhhh... My smol suburban town in California has a lobsterfest every year around my birthday, as well as a "Taste of the town" festival in late summer, but that's about all I've got.

apple orchards

The only city with 2 Mormon temples in the world :^)

Why?

Winterfylleth*

for you

It's basically a sweet pie made with zucchini, sugar, eggs and flour. That being said, a nearby town used the same receipe, but makes it savory instead, by replacing sugar with salt, anchovies and capers.

Attached: Scarpaccia.png (700x855, 1.3M)

I would, but I like to chew gum and have been known to sneeze on occasion.
I’d be deported the same day I arrived.

My city is pretty famous locally for this sports bar we have. It got really fucked up by the flooding down in louisiana in late 2016, and the guys from Bar Rescue came in and helped remodel it. Great place before and after the flood.

My hometown in Ohio is just known for having a huge heroin problem, but there is a village nearby that is famous for its fried bologna sandwich.

Attached: 94558bca2ec30912fa049ff7b46616ff.jpg (800x669, 73K)

As above, so below. Baphomet approves of both cooking techniques.

Attached: _84584050_3494754156_9273aff2f3_b.jpg (624x671, 95K)

My cousin used to make those when we were kids. Bologna is the biggest shit tier luncheon meat on the planet.

Attached: 1475770955911.jpg (500x333, 18K)