Mfw I want to study english literature and all programs include stuff like gender studies and queerness in contemprary...

mfw I want to study english literature and all programs include stuff like gender studies and queerness in contemprary culture. wtf does that even mean?

You'd find out right

>mfw I want to study english literature and all programs include stuff like gender studies and queerness in contemprary culture. wtf does that even mean?

What the fuck did he mean by this?

>getting a Master's degree in the humanities

Rich or just very stupid?

>all programs
You're a fucking retard if you can't find one without that shit. I get that this is probabpy just a stem bait thread.

>mfw you're a high-school dropout with no educational ambition shitting up Veeky Forums with poltardian bait

>he thinks academic education is for finding wagie jobs.

>he thinks he has the right to call himself an academic when he can't even convince the system to fund his studies

Lmaoing @ ur life

It means you'll study females, homosexuals and cross-dressers. And how badly other people treated them.

>took a psychology class for my associates in English
What a mistake

>academic value is measured by funding provided to discipline

We're not all black transexual marxists

>academic value is measured by funding provided to discipline
That's not what I'm saying. There are plenty of writers good enough to get their MFAs funded. What I'm saying is that if you're not one of them, you are a mediocre loser trying to buy his way into the ivory tower and not an academic.

>We're not all black transexual marxists
Excuses excuses. I bet you're going to keep singing that tune your whole life to justify your mediocrity. Sad!

Why bait so hard?

No I just don't rely on self-serving dogmatic institutions, I have marketable skills and independence so I can believe and write whatever I want

the low level academic paperpusher exists in a state of indetured servitude comparable to slavery. By this point, the humanities is nothing but an elaborate debt bondage pyramid scheme. You will be forced to produce mountains of papers no one will ever read, filled with the latest queer theory buzzwords, because hey, that's what's trendy rn, that's what yr managerial gynocratic overladies want.

>academic
>writer
Do you not know what academic means or are you just contrarian for the sake of it?

Not to mention what is there to gain from it?
We're not in an age where academic journals are the only place that your could get serious work seen by an audience, infact its an extremely poor outlet today

I don't see anything wrong with derailing a bait thread.

>its bait because it makes me feel bad

>fund studies

sorry user I study for free in my country. not everyone is from burger bunga bunga land