The aim of jazz is the mechanical reproduction of a regressive moment, a castration symbolism...

>The aim of jazz is the mechanical reproduction of a regressive moment, a castration symbolism. 'Give up your masculinity, let yourself be castrated,' the eunuchlike sound of the jazz band both mocks and proclaims, 'and you will be rewarded, accepted into a fraternity which shares the mystery of impotence with you, a mystery revealed at the moment of the initiation rite.

Ummm... can someone explain this to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4WThKhRr5A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ap3P8Fpqay4
youtube.com/watch?v=0hkgMAVgF_M
youtube.com/watch?v=ti75KIWXfBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Adorno thought Jazz was utter degeneracy and was always a proponent of high culture

pathetic that nowadays even Jazz is considered high culture

Old whitey can't stand the fact young people are lsitening to new music and having sex

>muh dik

Adorno was redpilled AF. this perfectly describes to white numale rap fans in the current year.

seems true though

He seems fixated on castration.

I play in a jazz band. I have mixed feelings about jazz, but I will agree it's probably led to more harm than good.

WTF i hate jazz now

lil peep

>poltard calling a literal karltural marxist "redpilled"

What's his reasoning behind the first sentence? I don't get how Jazz is emasculating

>having a literal 2-dimensional conception of politics

Marxists are right about a lot of things but I take issue with their conclusions and their solutions.

>person that uses the words "redpilled" and "numale" saying ">having a literal 2-dimensional conception of politics"

>not using provocative meme words to spur low-IQ audiences

You just admitted that you think you're wrong but stick to your retarded opinions anyway

S I P

As a German he probably got jazz confused with oompah music and plump German boys in lederhosen.

Not much faggotry amongst jazz musos, at least not in the 40's-60's when this tart was writing.

lol

'cultural marxism' was actually highly redpilled and masc. In minima moralia, Adorno totally destroys feminism and transgender ideology. I'm white, but I believe the Kabbalah is legit redpill knowledge, that's why the jews tried so hard to keep it away from us goyim.

>peak years of bop
>not much faggotry

I'm not even a pol-tard, but how is that viewpoint wrong?
I agree with Marx about his analysis, and many theorists bring really interesting ideas about the contradictions inside the system, but that doesn't mean I believe the Marxist project is the most suitable for humanity in the long run.

The ironic thing about Adorno is that today his culture critique is mostly used by the alt-right.

>willfully pretending to be retarded
>presuming anyone has IQ lower than yours

>the Marxist project
What is that? Sounds like you believe in some sort of weird coherent 'Left' that doesn't resemble anything in the real world.

without their knowing it. they still cry about culture marxist bogeyman while yet arguing along the general theses that critical theory leveled against the culture industry decades ago

Yeah, and rock and roll is the music of the devil!!

Thanks for stopping by:

Umm... the idea that the workers can obtain the means of production and that in turn will bring us a better system that we currently have

most 'leftists' in the current year AD don't actually care or know much about Marx or Marxism beyond FULLY AUTOMATED GAY COMMUNISM and other basic bitch tier facebook memes. It's all about getting performatively triggered and feeling superior to low hanging fruit like youtube skeptics and pepe kids, while carrying water for the managerial gynocracy and the liberal establishment.

since the 60s, the left has learned to love the spectacle and getting stuffed with whatever slop the culture industry is putting out this week. capeshit becomes high art provided it's deemed 'empowering' enough. Not keeping in schedule with diverse 'prestige TV' will be a capital offense in the near future if the neolibs get their way.

>it's probably led to more harm than good
why?

*blocks your anti-jazz path*

find a flaw

youtube.com/watch?v=k4WThKhRr5A

adorno was right about literally everything

>niggers
Two major flaws already and I didn't even play the video yet.

That's not a very good definition of marxism, which is primarily concerned with the fundamental mode of production ie. the way things are produced, not who owns that production. Worker owned capitalism is still capitalism.

liar

It's accelerated artistic laziness. I don't think jazz was ever created to be "lazy," because it's beauty lies in its simplicity. But now we have hip hop and rap, lazy musicians, all popularized because they think they are continuing some sort of progression.

> implying this rendition of Lush Life isn't the GOAT standard, as technically flawless and thematically profound as Flaubert or Joyce at their best

the guy who wrote the music and lyrics was a gay black man too, you fucking mad?

"Romance is mush, stifling those who strive. I'll live a lush life in some small dive, and there I'll be while I rot with the rest of those whose lives are lonely too."

Is Lush Life, dare I say it, /our standard/?

He's absolutely correct, you've fallen for reddit tier liberal revisionism

This isn't /pol/

How is jazz so simple?

What makes jazz "jazz" is a variety of patterns in minor keys and patterns of swing-notes. Overtime, many circles have been made. B flats can only go so far.

every man secretly is right? its literally the worst thing that can happen to a human or pretty much any animal.

>nowadays even Jazz is considered high culture
no, it's not. it's considered nerdy shit for weird loser geeks

> meme rappers are consciously taking up the tradition of hard bop

wow that's enough of Veeky Forums for today

why do you lie?

I'm not sure if you're realizing this or being sarcastic

But yeah

wat? maybe on the way, way, way down low. but it certainly wasn't the public face of bop, nor any other form of jazz.

Why do you assume I'm lying and not just in disagreement? Fucking nutjob

are energy drinks the cigarettes of the angry birds generation?

>appealing to public consensus
>calling Joyce ""profound""
Is it even humanly possible to be more of a mouth-breathing pseudointellectual pleb than this?

Unironically yeah

> a bloo bloo bloo!: the post

youtube.com/watch?v=Ap3P8Fpqay4

youtube.com/watch?v=0hkgMAVgF_M

yes, there is a difference between normies and ''''revolutionaries'''', how perceptive

>>niggers
the outcasts of society have always been the entertainers of the mainstream, be that dwarfs, gypsies, jews or blacks

why the racism?

>a bloo bloo bloo!: the post
>literally spongebob reaction pic: the argument
Wouldn't expect anything else from a niggerloving retard that thinks that babby's first normiecore post-bop and stale ballads are pinnacles of artistic achievement. Go wank over Joyce's ""profundity"" in your dedicated fartsniffing thread with the rest of the unwashed Anglo plebs.

why the racism?

>pretending to be retarded to get brainlet's attention
The real cancer of Veeky Forums

Yes

Because you lie.

Indeed this kind of irony is not the only thing the Right has done to the Left, but certainly one of the top 5.

>why the racism?
Because I'm a liberal and I believe in liberty

>thing
time

lefties are nothing but smug uppermiddle class leeches who feel superior to the subhuman proles who can't appreciate high culture like beyonce and didn't get to spout buzzwords in college. Google ''poor white communities opiate crisis'' and every single article on the first two pages is a well paid white managerialist using it as a plataform to prattle about 'white privilege' and how the unwoke chuds in flyover country really had it coming. These people do not want revolution, they are nothing but narcissistic aspiring managers of the system that is degrading every aspect of our existence.

that's one hell of a world view you got there, laddie

Read books often, pal? Doesn't seem like you do. This is a board for the discussion of literature and philosophy. might be more up your alley.

*tips fedora*

Why? The best jazz is certainly high art.

There are a lot of people, and they do a lot of different things for a lot of different reasons, there exists a lot of knowledge and a lot of ignorance. What should be done? If there were no lefties can you describe some differences in the world?

The twisted jewish mind. These people hate you, white people, get it yet? This hatred is bred into them and their goal is to treat you "like inmates of an insane asylum.”

autistic bait
autistic fish

if there were no leftys the scale whould break and we could all escape the accursed prison

>As a German
How dumb are you and why did this mistake go uncorrected? How could anyone even mistake the hebrew rat in the OP as a German?

>His mother, a devout Catholic from Corsica, was once a professional singer, while his father, an assimilated Jew who had converted to Protestantism, ran a successful wine-export business.
pretty german desu

>that image

Nice try Mohammad

A jew is a jew, dude. Adorno hated Germans.

Adorno's views on jazz should be understood as criticisms of pop music (which is the type of radio-friendly, mass audience jazz he is referring to), not of the jazz associated with the likes of Coltrane, Braxton, Mingus etc.

>Adorno hated Germans.
Most Germans, and most people in general, do.

Maybe he took the whole gassing his people personally

Would Adorno have liked this?
youtube.com/watch?v=ti75KIWXfBI

Adorno was literally killed by hippie tits and he thought household appliances were fascist.

Because of jews though. Germans have been subjected to a degree of anti-self propaganda that is unheard of and unhealthy.

Never happened.

>Never happened.

Confident Germans is the most dangerous thing in the world, literally weaponized autism. I'm glad the Chosen Ones(tm) are keeping them down.

Adorno had a deeper and more autistic knowledge of music theory than any of us, I doubt we could understand fully what he means here

You need to be put down, though I'm sure the crevasse you inhabit is hell enough.

>tfw rightaccelerationist post situ K guerrilla subverting the products of libshit hegemony.

Thats true but its only putting a lid on a Volcano, the more the pressure builds the more violent the inevitable explosion will be

t. a true scotsman

What the fuck

>the meaning of terms don't change over time

Landians are truly Stirnerites with extra fedora on the side.

>post-bop

>A certain gesture of manliness, be it one’s own, be it that of another, deserves mistrust. It expresses independence, surety of the power of command, the silent conspiracy of all men with each other. Earlier one anxiously called it, awe-struck, the whims of lords, today it is democratized and is played by film heroes for the benefit of the lowliest bank employee. The archetype for this is the good looking man in a smoking jacket, who enters his bachelor’s pad alone one late evening, turns on the indirect lighting, and pours a whisky-soda: the carefully recorded fizzing of the mineral water says what the arrogant mouth does not; that he despises whatever does not smell of smoke, leather and shaving cream – above all, women, and for that very reason they swarm all over him. The joys of such men, or on the contrary of their models, which hardly anyone alive really matches, for human beings are always better than their culture, have altogether something of the latent act of violence. By all appearances, this is threatened to others, though he has long since had no need to do so, sprawled on his easy chair. In truth it is past violence against himself. If all pleasure sublates earlier displeasure, then here displeasure is raised – as pride in bearing it – unmediated, untransformed, stereotypically into pleasure: unlike wine, every glass of whiskey, every puff on the cigar still recalls the reluctance, which it must have cost the organism, to accustom itself to such powerful stimuli. According to their own constitution, the he-men would thus be what they are usually presented as in film scripts, masochists. The lie is concealed in their sadism, and it is as liars that they truly become sadists, agents of repression. That lie is nothing other than repressed homosexuality, which emerges as the only approved form of what is heterosexual. In Oxford one can differentiate between two kinds of students: the “tough guys” and the intellectuals; the latter are equated almost without further ado to those who are effeminate. There is a great deal of evidence that the ruling class polarizes itself according to these extremes on the road to dictatorship. Such disintegration is the secret of integration, of happiness of unity in the absence of happiness. In the end the “tough guys” are the ones who are really effeminate, who require the weaklings as their victims, in order not to admit that they are like them. Totality and homosexuality belong together. While the subject falls apart, it negates everything which is not of its own kind. The opposites of the strong man and the compliant youth fuse into a social order, which unreservedly asserts the masculine principle of domination. By making everyone, without exception – even presumed subjects – into its objects, it recoils into total passivity, virtually into what is feminine.

maybe Adorno was just another jew-boy cuck who projected his own insecurities by writing inane drivel

What's with these hostile reactions. Is this a controversial opinion? I assumed it was pretty commonly accepted that liberal lefties are shit stains who don't give a fuck about the people in whose name they supposedly fight the system.

Wow, that's embarrassing, Adorno. Nice "no you are gay" to an audience of effeminate intellectuals.

wasent trying to be hostile to you just the person who responded to you as your post came off as kinda obvious so i assumed it was poorly constructed bait.