Consistently read for around 7 hours a day for 2 months because neet

>consistently read for around 7 hours a day for 2 months because neet
>try to watch a film or tv show
>brain feels bored and I have to turn it off after a few minutes because it feels pointless

>go to read a book
>immediately feel bored and go back to watching anime and posting on chan
how do i stop being such a brainlet?

Get a long ban on Veeky Forums, shitpost on mobile so much you get range banned, delete all your anime. Unplug your computer/remove battery. Force yourself to read until you start preferring to read

just read genre fiction.

Watch Satantango. After I did it, only actually bad art bores me.

Watch better films.

>starts reading
>cant play vidya anymore

Sometimes I daydream about being too poor to afford a phone or laptop and having nothing to do all day but work a simple job then walk home to a tiny apartment and cook and read.
Deep down I know it's romanticized bullshit and I would be miserable but the more stressful my life becomes the more I imagine leaving all of my things to go be a hermit with no material possessions beyond books.

Nobody in the first world is too poor for a smartphone. It’s a matter of discipline m8. That said, it’s easier not to spend your life online with certain structures set up. You could have a laptop, dumbphone and no home internet for example.

Yeah, I know this feel. Even the best of films feel like decent short stories. Documentaries are cool though.

Why not just get rid of your phone?

>want to read
>stuck on twitter
brb uninstalling

>listening to audiobooks
>playing Overwatch

i can relate to this

what the fuck is wrong with you assholes? just open a goddamn book and read it. for christ's sake, quit making a chore out of a pass time.

pastime*

>open a book
>read a chapter, then take a 15 min break

I have a mindset now where I enjoy reading, but its still partially clouded by the part of me that was raised on the internet, I just wish I grew up different

not a big deal and I dont think about it alot

Something similar happened to me and now I can't enjoy video games. They feel so aimless and counter-productive.

well, they are.

How do my ban myself without acquiring kiddie p o r n

if you aren't immediately disgusted by how fucking terrible the writing in all anime is you're already beyond help, thank god i never once in my life fell for that shit because all the kids i was friends with in high school that were weebs ended up doing nothing with their lives

to be fair, she is pretty kawaii.

I wouldn't enjoy art music if I hadn't disciplined myself to understand music theory and composition. What is now a pastime was then a chore.

i'm happy for you, but that has nothing to do with my reply.

>he thinks the image is sincere

>all of it is shit
>I never fell for it
How do you know then?
There are decent ones, mostly those that are based on books (not LN) or are originally intended for the screen, be it big or small.

i just like watching it, its cathartic, especially so since i have depression

>tfw a buzzkill
>tfw can't enjoy anything

Watch good cinema. Its an entirely different medium with its own form of expression. The reasons one appreciates a film are different to those in literature. I dont see how anyone who appreciates high literature can be bored of high cinema.

Anime has become either irony as an art form to express existential depression/anxiety or vague cookie-cutter mantras like "care about something" "never give up" etc.

as an apprentice i listen to audiobooks 8 hours a day so fuck off

This is not romanticized, it's literally as easy as just fucking cutting off the internet connection at your home and buying a simple phone that doesn't support internet browsing. What's wrong with you brainlets.

>do something
>realize it’s pointless
>keep doing it anyway
>everything is pointless

Mylife.mp3

You have to specifically force yourself like a stern father would. Do not rely on how you feel about it in that moment, bored or entertained. Make a plan and stick to it, think of the long term rewards. If you plan to read for an hour without internet, turn off the internet, preferably go some place where you can't get back on it and read and if you're bored, keep reading or pick a different book, but follow through with it. It takes a while to change habits, but you can do it, it's not going to be fun at first but eventually rewarding if you look back at what you've achieved.

Watch this.

I had this happen too, it's crazy how literature has crept into so many peope's lives and rendered them utterly incapable of attending to movies and TV and the Internet. There was even an article about it a little while back, I think the title was 'Is Gogol Making Us Stupid?'