Is there anything worse than cooking for people and they only say that it "tastes good, user!"?

Is there anything worse than cooking for people and they only say that it "tastes good, user!"?

Attached: turtle.png (1000x388, 550K)

Yes. Cooking for people who tell me what they really think of my cooking.

insecurities can make you a shittier person no matter how kind your intentions are.
Just KYS

What the fuck do you want them to say?

try not cooking for plebs next time!

>long day at work
>come home and fix broken toilet
>kids won’t shut up, have to play with them
>finally get to sit down
>wife serves me a nice meal
>not even one bite in
>”how is it?”
CAN I GET TWO SECONDS OF PEACE TO ENJOY MY MEAL WITHOUT IT BEING ABOUT YOUR STUPID ISSUES?? FUCK!

I want a comment on the flavor profile, which flavor they find most dominant, the acceptability of the mouthfeel, something about the plating (optional), and, to prove they're really paying attention, they need to name at least one spice they detect. NOT cumin. Cumin is too easy.

I detect a lot of salt here.

I don't fish for compliments, I just look at the plates. If it's clean or they go back for seconds I consider that a compliment. But I don't need a pat on the back or a verbal compliment. Typically I just want conversation and interaction...I don't need people taking pictures of my fucking food.

Attached: 9c1dcf4cd7fd63510c5aa9bf5947010a.jpg (564x721, 90K)

You can say that, but remember that it can only be taken as an insult. Salt shouldn't be noticeable. It should accentuate flavor without announcing itself.

>randomly make refried beans bc my roommate is having friends over for tacos
>>beans are cleaned up
>tacos barely touched
and this is how I learned i was gifted.

Really? I think the worst thing is when you cook for someone and they try go go all fucking food critic when all you made was burgers and their diet consists of frozen shit.
>it has layers of flavor user
Fuck you.

Same, except no kids and shit. I can barely take my plate to the dining room before “How is it!?!?!” Rings out of the kitchen

Jesus guys your wife just made a meal for you and hoped it met your expectations. She's obviously proud of it if she's asking.

I don't shout "how did you like spending my money?" the moment I step through the door.

you can usually tell if its good or not if they go for seconds/take leftovers

as long as i can make people happy by cooking, i don't need anything else.

Attached: 0ba.png (645x773, 10K)

I compliment my wife by not driving us to a quiet field in Oregon and beating her.

Attached: hWyBPEC.jpg (4250x2390, 1.05M)

Cooking for ingrate children who refuse to even look at their fucking plates.
Thank God I have a man who, every time I hand him a plate of food, for the past 15+ years, his face lights up like a child at Christmas. It really washes away the soul crushing defeat of children who prefer to go to bed hungry, or eat only the Peruvian rice, which they defile withsoysauce like plebs.

It's not about compliments, it's about not being offered critique.

Yes. When they reaffirm that your food tastes good over and over again, like you're some autist who would flip out if they critique your cooking.

I have a friend who burned his barbecue all to hell and I told him it was burned all to hell but he was having none of that. "Uh, the burned parts have all the F L A V O R"

I can hold it in for sub-par cooking, but I draw the line at literally eating charcoal.

Thanks for giving us some personal insight into the matter

I did the exact opposite and can enjoy my daily fresh eggs and bacon. feels good man

I seem to be like your friend. I like my grilled foods a lot more charred than most people. The important thing is that the inside isn't overcooked.

10/10

Yes, when they say it's "different"

right there with you bro

underrated

lel

>start taking an interest in cooking
>try really hard
>comes out pretty well
>”tastes great user”
> try new shit
>fail pretty hard
>”it’s okay user, it still tastes good”
Either I’m shit at cooking or your taste buds are dead

>someone cooks for you
>insult them
not the best idea. I try to be honest but I'm no fool user

maybe you should

I usually say nothing at all, unless asked.
I want to say something, but I can't bring myself to do it, because it feels so awkward.

I'm the exact same way. I'm surprised nobody else is supporting you but I would guess it's because most of this board's population doesn't cook. Just saying my dish is good does not help me improve. I can tell if something is edible or not, I don't need somebody else to tell me that. I want some constructive criticism when people eat my cooking.

On the other hand, people often take offense when given constructive criticism about their cooking and that's even more irritating than not critiquing my cooking. It's like you fuckers don't want to get better. Stagnation is death.

It's fine to have different tastes. I like really spicy food, for example. It's not fine to be in charge of cooking and then make things to suit your niche tastes. If you cook for other people you should be trying to make it for other people to enjoy. You shouldn't char everybody's burgers to hell just because you want yours that way. Just like I don't throw a bunch of hot peppers into everything I make for other people. Plus, it's pretty obvious that most people don't like charred burgers.

sounds more like what you really want is gay sex.

>Is there anything worse than cooking for people and they only say that it "tastes good, user!"?
Cooking for people who just say "meh" about the food and then only when prompted.

Well, user? How was it?

>being this autistic
Cooking for your friends and loved ones should be a fun experience. Don't make the cunts write an essay on what spices they think you used. At most ask "so do you think there's anything that could have turned out a little better"? Even then, I'm
the one cooking because my friends can't cook by their own admission. Fucking christ I feel bad for your friends.

Pretty tasty tbdesu. You’d be shocked what a good meal can do for a marriage

wow I bet you must be fun at parties

Attached: 36576763.png (1920x1080, 3.26M)

>that person who has to add salt on everything because there's not enough, usually shit-loads of it
>that person who complains how it's way too spicy and hot even when i didnt really use any spices at all, just a TIIIIIIINY bit and mostly herbs that shouldn't pack a punch (and the hotness comes from the food being served hot, not actually hot ie chili-hot)

Attached: 131356.png (362x266, 6K)

>that person who has to add salt on everything because there's not enough, usually shit-loads of it

>tfw I'm this guy
>openly admit that food is well-spiced but I'm just gross, unhealthy, and love salt
>fiance acts like I just punched her in the cunt when I salt her cooking to my preference
>have yto sneak off and do it so she won't passive-aggressively apologize for under-salting the food

I dont even give a shit anymore, if your eating habits are so shit you need to add shit-ton of salt to make it palatable then that's your problem and i can sort of relate. When i was a fat sack of shit i used a lot of salt because my taste was fucking shit due to only eating shitty junkfood.

Now those fucking cunts who drown their food in ketchup though...

This is the worst. I've come to realise people who do this are being manipulative and are just trying to encourage you to cook for them more often.

working hard on something and they act like they like even though they very clearly dont
just fucking be honest so I can improve with the next one

Reddit

>I can barely take my plate to the dining room before “How is it!?!?!” Rings out of the kitchen
She doesn't serve your plates at the dinner table and sit down with you?

Actually yes. It's far worse when someone drowns your meal in ketchup and other condiments.

>cook something for family
>ask them how it tastes
>"well, it's different"
>ask them to elaborate, is it good or bad
>"i don't know"