What's a good romance novel no longer than 300 pages...

What's a good romance novel no longer than 300 pages? Wanna read one with my partner but the bitch has read all the obvious Jane Austen/Murakami/whatever basic shit I could come up with, and I'm not well versed on this. Help a boy out please.

Interests: france, impressionism, first world design, fashion, Baumbach. Or like shoot me up with something Morrissey or Whit Stillman would like to read (that, you know, is ~romantic~).

Knut Hamsun - Victoria

Brautigan's The Abortion. Murakami's a fan of his. The title makes it sound horrific, but it's mostly about living a very comfy literary lifestyle and worrying about the future of books. Impressionistic style and very short chapters so you could probably read it to each other in turns over a night.

Uhhh Knut Hamsun was a Nazi?

>your partner wants to read a romance novel and youre okay with this
you're being cucked, homo

yeah that doesn't mean he couldn't write romance. actually, lots of nazis and dictators are romance writers, wtf is with that?

Idealistic visions that end in tragedy is basically the monomyth of the romance genre

yeah but where do the +prose points you need to pull that off come from?

Yeah but he was a nazi, his books are probably about white supermen and blonde bimbos lol he deserves to be buried lol

Fascism has no place on lit
Go back too pol

I can't believe that there is no English wiki for Mlle de Maupin (Gautier) which is a novel Whit Stilman surely loves. At any rate it's available in English and very good, especially for the proposed purpose. A shorter novel with an offbeat holiday feel is Anatol France's At the Sign of the Reine Pedauque- great atmospherics- about a crank old alchemist and his extraordinarily lucky young understudy.

Maybe it's because I'm a virgin, but I don't find romance that interesting. It's usually a reflection of individual anxieties rather than humanity as a whole. I find nothing in common with you and see little value in your work

You didn't have to specify that you're a virgin; I gathered that pretty quickly from your post

It's not exactly typical romance, but try The French Lieutenant's Woman, it's a great book.

hitler was nine years old when victoria came out

No, I don't think you would have. The rest of my post is obviously contingent on this knowledge and, judging from your resentful tone, I think you're childishly striking out at whomever you can to feel better about yourself

>buried
you've clearly never read him if you don't know how hard it is to dig

I knew you were a virgin and probably autistic as well when you discounted an entire subsection of literature because you couldn't relate to the any of the feelings being portrayed

Literally why are you guys fighting

This is a ridiculous claim, as the knowledge that I am a virgin undeniably preceded your knowledge that I do no relate to your adolescent sexual anxieties.
Because he is objectively wrong and I am objectively correct

Your writing style and general childish dismissal of art clued me into the fact that you're a virgin right off the bat bud, but thanks for playing anyway, virgin

>Murakami even nearing the level of Austen
r/books influx get out

it's not the level, it's the genre, which it does fit. he's asking for romance genre of no particular level but of a particular length, designed for a particular audience, and containing certain elements, styles, or themes. none of those are meritorious in themselves. please read before you go typing website names that show you've never heard of