Whats the point of reading western philosophy and literature if it led to the holocaust happening...

Whats the point of reading western philosophy and literature if it led to the holocaust happening? Doesn't that mean its flawed?

A better argumentation would be it didnt prevent the holocaust from happening.

Whats the point of reading eastern philosophy and literature if it led to the rape of Nanking happening? Doesn't that mean its flawed?

In all likelihood it is because of western philosophy that some kind of ultra-mega-holocaust never happened. Just think of all the atrocities that never existed due to it, they're limitless. You're welcome.

the holocaust wasn't a magical reset button, we are still in for the ride and all the more screwed for it if we are unable to understand what's happening.

What's the point of reading anything?

Circumvent the points and you will be more well rounded

That is pure ideology my friend.

yo whats the point of living if it entails suffering

yes it does

speaking of ideology this thread is pure theology

ur too atheist to believe in the devil so you transfer necessary belief in absolute evil onto muh natsees as though muh natsee atrocities were qualitatively different from every other genocide and injustice in history

The difference is the nazi holocaust happened after the supposed enlightenment etc. But i would say it was no more senseless than WW1

At the very least it slightly retards religious insanity. "Dash their babies against the rocks" is much worse.

Death, obviously.

>implying there is a culture in the world which hasn't participated in genocide, slavery, wars of conquest, or all of the above

if you want to understand muh natsees you need to zoom in a little closer on their specific intellectual forbears than "after the supposed enlightenment." for ones thing the fascist impulse was in many respects a reaction against liberal enlightenment rationalism and utilitarianism

ie stop wasting our time & go read some books

>Implying cultural relativism is an answer to ethical questions ever

The funny thing is poltards believe it is an invention of cultural marxism when it was in fact designed as an apologetic to imperialism.

>In all likelihood it is because of western philosophy that some kind of ultra-mega-holocaust never happened
Well shit, I never thought of that.

I already know they were reactionaries but reactionaries operate with assumptions drawn directly from the cultural milieu they claim to reject. That is why they are only capable of cultural abortions.

When /pol/ loses a thread they always abandon it. Why?

Jew were persecuted because they are a fucking crook. Of course they have good kind of Jews. But the evil one are too rich and powerful so the impact is greater. Everything have reason but Western literature have nothing to do with it.

>implying you can just take historical events out of context and analyze them by contemporary standards
I mean - you can, but it just makes you look stupid.

They're buying tickets to Argentina.

You can always take events out of context and judge them by ethical standards that is the nature of objectivity. By your standards anything is justified and ethical consideration is pointless.

>t. Borat
I am laffin

Can people be held up to ethical standards that didn't exist when they lived?
What makes you think by future's ethical standards you won't be the bad guy?

The rape of Nanking was after Japan's adoption of Western society though.

But wasn't it also western philosophy that led to stopping the holocaust?

>America
>philosophy

>necessary belief in absolute evil

What? The nazis weren't absolute evil. They thought others were evil so they were justified in killing them. They weren't doing bad for the sake of doing bad.

Liberalism invented political radicalism. All the Nazis ever did was apply radical techniques in service of racial politics which are not traditional but rather pseudoscientific. The Nazis were entirely children of the Enlightenment. While
Communists threw out Liberty and Brotherhood in service of Equality, the Nazis threw out Equality and Liberty in service of Brotherhood. Moreover they were created as a response to Liberalism and Communism. The thing that made them so bad was that they acted like liberals and communists.

That was paid for by bankers.
Not books.
Was all about market control.
All other things like the jew, were scape goads.

The Japs only adopted government and military and techonology from the West. Their culture was still theirs

>What? The nazis weren't absolute evil. They thought others were evil so they were justified in killing them. They weren't doing bad for the sake of doing bad.
What in the fuck are you talking about. Nazis commonly did things like force prisoners to carry a wet bag of salt, extremely heavy, to the other end of the camp. When they got there they'd tell them to bring it back. They tortured people for recreation. They were evil.

>Nazis tortured quite literally millions of people for no reason
>Nazis let common criminals act as paramilitaries and rape and slaughter innocent village peasants
>Nazis raped and murdered hundreds of thousands of french and germans
>Nazis stole billions in gold and art from non-Germans
>Nazis stole all their culture and art from 19th century and before, have nothing to show for their existence save for lolworthy rosenberg, goebells propaganda rantings and mein krap
great stuff

I bet there are a lot of people who would do that to nazis given half a chance. I'm not saying nazis weren't evil, I'm saying they weren't the human embodiment of Morgoth.

oh my fucking god, this post. hehe

hitler did nothing wrong

What's the point of non-Western thought if it didn't lead to Shakespeare and penicillin?

Name something created by humans that isn't flawed

Fuck off Adorno.

Tbh if some random black guy in africa 10,000 years ago didn't eat a banana the holocaust also likely would not have happened

>nazi holocaust
Ironic how "nazis" didn't call themselves nazis and the holocaust didn't actually happen.

This is the company you guys keep. Ha! Enjoy the ride, faggits.

My waifu desu

google "nazi sozi" and fuck off

remember, it was a hook-nose that had socrates murdered.

Locke's ideas were used to justify the conquest of the Americas, so I doubt it.

Every brazilian neuromancer cover becomes a meme. Before this one was that Molly Millions animu-ish one.

Sauce?

A simpler articulation of this literally came from Futurama (although considering the poignancy it was probably lifted and rephrased from something else, but I digress).
>when you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all

>atrocities
>taming retarded savages
Pick one.

Personally, I have a job to attend to. I don't have the """luxury""" of collecting welfare in order to shitpost all day.

fire is a tool both good and evil can pick up and use.