So as far as i can tell, continental philosophy is basically nazis, communists, theocrats, feminists...

So as far as i can tell, continental philosophy is basically nazis, communists, theocrats, feminists, and monarchists desperately trying to destroy western civilization. why does anyone study this dogshit?

It's more """literary"""

>nazis, communists, theocrats, feminists, and monarchists desperately trying to destroy western civilization
Sounds based desu

Because if it establishes the rules anything goes, so your ivory tower academic thesis can't be rejected and your PhD is garuanteed.

>even thinking about reading someone who does anything other confirming your biases
Don't waste your time my dude.

>monarchists desperately trying to destroy western civilization.
Enlightenment was a mistake.

This.

>continental philosophers
>stem is useless and you can't know nuffin

>also continental philosophers
>ai will help us create full communism

99% of those who rant and rave about how "automation" and "AI" will bring an end to scarcity and create an entirely new social paradigm are scientific/technological dilletantes.
The other 1% is AI researchers and investors.

Analytical and Continental Philosophy are really just answering the same questions differently, it really can be reduced to Continental: Words Words Words Analytical: Math Math Math

Curiously, both are categories of Logos.

>basically nazis, communists, theocrats, feminists, and monarchists desperately trying to destroy western civilization
wtf I love continental philosophy now?!

analytic philosophy doesnt bother with many questions in the first place

ever read an analytic analysis of art or culture?

Logical positivism, the movement that sparked the analytic school, got BTFO hard. As long as science provides very little psychological insight, there will be for hermeneutic philosophy.

good thing psychology is slowly growing some balls and touching on the pre-organized nature of moral judgement as rooted in biological foundations. This is not only happening in evo psych, but social psych and developmental psych as well.

Continental philosophy will be reduced to what it should have been a long time ago - no more than a self-indulgent aesthetic, of the same value as an instagram filter. The jig is up for the con-men continentals stuffing up humanities departments.

Math is objectively for gay people/

even if the underlying "mechanics" of moral judgements are pre-organized, the outcomes are vastly different culturally.

in the usa, you are personally blamed for poverty and failure. in scandinavia, everything is seen in a social context.

what will get you the death penalty in the middle east results in rehabilitation programs and some degree of sympathy in the west.

and dont get me started on sexual morals.

our biological foundations and the scientifically observable foundations of the universe tell us nothing about what to do with them. how to live, basically. thats why there will always be a need for philosophy beyond science. even if it comes under different names (like "politics"), it's all the result of philosophy and often the continental tradition.

you're right. never argued against moral judgements being modulated by immediate and extended social environments and culture. Merely argued against moral relativism
yup, no argument there either mate. my beef is wit the continental tradition and its postbellum offshoots, not philosophy in general.

You're right OP a baseless echo chamber which correlates to an axiomatically agreed upon "reality" is far better than a varied tapestry that reflects the conflicting, complex nature of reality as viewed through the diverse lens of human experiences. If only we could all be so autistic as anglosphere analytics.

Analytic phil is literally just word-math. Heidegger already destroyed it nearly 100 years ago.

Really "good" analytic philosophers are just taking concepts from superior continental philosophers (Kant, mainly), or they are reiterating the ideas of another continental without knowing it (Wittgenstein; Heidegger). Yes, continentals are more difficult to read, but the most useful concepts seem to come from them

meanwhile, continental philosophy is buzzword salad devoid of any logical structure.

"The commidification of alienation, therefore, causes deterritorialization, which is favored by late capitalism for mechanization of authorization of mass-media discourse through the Big Other ...", blahblahblah ...

whom did wittgenstein and heidegger reiterate?