ITT: irrefutable philosophers

ITT: irrefutable philosophers

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/icycalm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hegel desu

John "I perfectly understand phenomenology and will publish an educated critique of Husserl and Heidegger where I definitely don't just handwave their ideas by acting like a crypto-logical positivist and asking for them for empirical evidence of their work" Searle
John "sexually assaulted at least six students" Searle
John "never published a book over 100 pages" Searle
John "consciousness is a biological phenomenon" Searle
John "Qualia? what is qualia?" Searle
John "there's no mind-body problem" Searle

Parmenides.

Just try.

John Searle is a master at pissing people off

Materialists think he's a wacky crypto-dualist

Dualists think he's a colorless eliminativist

Being irrefutable (not falsafiable) is not a good thing.

>falsafiable

>mfw pseuds

Karl Popper is THE pseud smfh

Paul "feels before reals" feyerabend

Karl "my feels are the real reals" Popper

G. F. W. 'allow me to show you what non-quantitative thinking LOOKS LIKE' Hegel.

We all know that this is the real answer.

patreon.com/icycalm

Heh, nice try

teleports behind you
pshht nothing dialectical kid

>philosophers
>irrefutable
That's my shitpost for the day

I mean, what else do you expect from the nonsense he spouts. He is a property dualist (or at best an epiphenomenalist) no matter what word games he tries to play.

>Those who believe that consciousness is reducible to matter are called materialists; those who believe that matter is reducible to consciousness are called idealists. Both are mistaken for the same reason. Both try to eliminate something that really exists in its own right and cannot be reduced to something else. Now, because both materialism and idealism are false, the only reasonable alternative is dualism. But substance dualism seems out of the question for a number of reasons. For example it cannot explain how these spiritual substances came into existence in the first place and it cannot explain how they relate to the physical world. So property dualism seems the only reasonable view of the mind- body problem. Consciousness really exists, but it is not a separate substance on its own, rather it is a property of the brain.
-Why I Am Not a Property Dualist, Searle