You wouldn't eat medium chicken breast, why do people pretend medium steak wasn't disgusting?

You wouldn't eat medium chicken breast, why do people pretend medium steak wasn't disgusting?

Attached: medium chicken.jpg (1200x675, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3743657.stm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Big think hmmmm

Chefs fix people medium chicken liver all the time and then cry when the government cites them for giving people campylobacter.

chicken liver should still be a little pink inside

Wow, it's like they're ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ANIMALS OR SOMETHING. Really makes you think, huh?

>pretend
No one is pretending, medium steak is fine and actually very tasty. Sorry you were raised wrong.

I guess if you don't care about shitting blood.

It's never been an issue for me.

Ok safety issues aside, the texture and taste of undercooked chicken is unpleasant. Is that just psychological?

medium steak tastes great and has a wonderful texture.
medium chicken breast tastes okay and has a texture which I can only describe as "crunchy".

Good for you, but campylobacter is real and undercooked chicken liver is as safe as undercooked chicken breast.

>Is that just psychological?
Could be cultural. I seem to remember chicken sashimi being a thing in Japan. But I might be mistaken, it was a long time ago.

No you’re right the protein structure of poultry is round so the meat is soft and mushy while beef has concentric hexagons and cross stitched bonded pairs so it gives a nice chew with enough resistance to be pleasant. Also chicken blood is a known oxidant and cow blood is antioxidant

Steak should be rare. Fight me.

It is, and it's delicious. And before anyone says anything, chicken for sashimi has to be raised differently. It can't just be any chicken

Yeah that is only in glorious Nippon though. Superior freshness and cleanliness

Because chicken's texture is fucking garbage until it's cooked to a certain point whereas most current of beef have garbage texture when cooked past a certain point.

Plus something something food poisoning, red meat and poultry aren't even close to the same thing, flavor yadda yadda bait thread we've had a billion times before.

Legitimately chuckling at all the retards in this thread defending their raw beef.

Attached: 1508010682358.png (646x469, 534K)

>Rare beef is bad because I said so
Ok random person on the internet, you convinced me

>chuckling at others
>posts anime
can't make this shit up folks

>health risk
>fucking blood on your plate
>way too juicy and moist for meat
Ate rare entrecote exactly once in my life, spent the next two days shitting my guts out in the bathroom. There's a reason why eating raw beef is looked down upon in virtually every culture. Don't come up with Nippon now, that's a non-argument for obvious reasons.

>meat contains blood
Retard.

You're the retard. It's disgusting red fluid that forms puddles on my plate. Fuck off with that shit.

uncooked chicken tastes fucking awful
its very sour tasting, ignoring how dangerous it is

myoglobin is not blood and it is fucking delicious.

>No seriously, rare meat is bad because I said so
>Take this one random instance from my life, the evidence is indesptable
Wow you're a faggot.
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3743657.stm
>The study concluded that rare steak can be produced safely provided that food poisoning bacteria are not reintroduced by contaminated utensils.
Also in before
>B-b-b-but my friend

>why do people pretend medium steak wasn't disgusting?
I don't understand. Is steak a thing of the past?

brainlet

>texture
it's soft and slippery, feels glorious. apart from being unchewable sometimes
>taste
bland and tolerable with enough spices

Why dont people eat raw potatoes, but do eat raw carrots lol.

>eating raw beef is looked down upon in virtually every culture
lol wat

>inb4 ignorant flyover
nope, wrong continent

that's not blood you underage braindead bitch

Cos of starch content.

sear any single piece of meat and it will most likely be safe. bacteria doesn't live inside it

Often propagated myth that is, however, wrong.
For example parasite eggs are always inside the meat. Bacteria also tend to find fertile ground in the spots of fat permeating the meat.
Eating raw beef is an extreme health hazard.

no, it is not. prepare it correctly and it is highly likely to be safe.

>highly likely
not good enough
>prepare it correctly
correct. cook the fucking meat through

no, you don't have to cook it through. you only need to get the outside hot enough and then you're fine.

stop parroting memes you read on instagram

You have to get the inside hot enough too, hot enough just happens to be less than the outside temp. That's why "rare" is served instead of "raw"

You're correct that not all meat harbors parasites, but you'd better make damn sure that you source your meat properly if you're going to give it to other people.

it is impossible for bacteria to penetrate meat unless the meat has actually started to break down.

>it is impossible for bacteria to penetrate meat unless the meat has actually started to break down.
jesus fucking christ user

>but you'd better make damn sure that you source your meat properly
most people buying meat from supermarkets will be fine.
>That's why "rare" is served instead of "raw"
it really doesn't make a difference.

That's not even medium equivalent in the pic, that would be blue.

>ITT: soyboys who skipped every single biology class in highschool and therefore think that "searing the skin" makes meat safe to consume
My fucking sides.

>ITT: meme parroting squeamish contrarians

Alright dude. It won't be me who'll end up hospitalized because of meat poisoning.

it might, the same bacteria can live on anything, and 'fully cooked' food can make you sick as well

>way too juicy and moist for meat
How is this an actual complaint?

it's not.

Why do people eat raw tofu?

The red juice from rare beef isn't blood btw

It is odd. I actually did have rubbery chicken the other night cuz I screwed up and forgot to cover it while baking.

It was in for about 45-50 minutes at 370. So I took my chances. It wasnt horrible, but it certainly want good.

Because raw potatos are poisonous you dumbass

God damn I loved that game

>have eaten literal pounds of raw beef/lamb/venison/veal/fish/scallops/oysters/shrimp and seared duck/chicken hearts and livers as well as paté/mousse made from rare liver and never ONCE had an issue

>get VIOLENTLY ill from a well done burger from a higher end burger chain in seattle

Really makes you think

>eating raw meat in the (current year)
Lmaoing @ u retards.
Our brains evolved thanks to cooked meat.

Because they have different structures, textures, and flavors, and rare beef is much more pleasant than rare chicken? I like pork that's medium, but any rarer than that and it's gross. And pork is my favorite of the three. Chicken should be juicy but relatively well done. It isn't the doneness over all products, it's whether you're treating the ingredient correctly. Mushy rice isn't anywhere near as pleasant as mushy peas. Why browned onions are better than browned garlic. This is what food and cooking are all about: how the fucks do you even treat ingredients properly?

Reminder to ignore any posts defending rare, medium rare, or by fucking blue rare. Medium well to well done is the optimal, patrician choice for sophiscated noblemen.

Don’t @ me rare barbarians

Attached: 8DAD2835-C545-495F-B354-6504708CD2A9.jpg (720x736, 103K)

>Eating rubber

@ (You)

Chicken has shit that can kill you. Beef not so much.

Not all chicken breast is treated equal. There are also other things you can do besides cooking with heat. Marinate the liver in some booze overnight first. Brine them. Buy only whole chicken or butcher your own from start to finish. All of these things can drastically affect risk factors.

>blood on your plate
You're talking about the myoglobulin(?). It is what gives meat its distinct red color.

Leave it in the fridge for multiple days. You'll see the myoglobulin break down by air exposure.

I like med well

This is the dumbest board on 4ch easily

t. never been to /tv/

That's duck though.

This thread is weak. Raw pork is where it's at. You haven't lived until you've tried it.

It's self-decomposed meat.

why do any of you care about how other people completely unrelated to you enjoy their food? On the matter of whether non cooked-through meat is safe or not, there certainly is one right answer, but that's neither here nor there. this is nothing more than a stop liking what i dont like thread, and OP should die in a fire. Sage goes in all fields

Yes, their fowl was folded over a thousand times

>I ate undercooked beef once and had a vewy bad tummyache so that means all beef is bad
fuck off

Inventing the huwheel was apparently also looked down on in most cultures. Go live with the apemen if you think they have it all figured out.

>self-decomposed
is this a term americans use?

This is true. Medium well is the best way to have chicken. It has been tested and scientifically proven.

If you ate that all the time would you become immune to all the bacteria?

i wish i could eat raw beef safely. it just seems so right

Serious inquiry Bros:

Conventional knowledge is you need fully cooked, minimum internal temp for poultry/pork to be safe to eat. Beef you just need to sear the outside as the minimum internal temp is much lower. Different types of seafood vary but in general most fish can be eaten raw.

Have I been lied to my whole life? Or just memed to in this thread?

Attached: tmp_10571-1519762586210-615783319.png (637x445, 54K)

You don’t need to cook anything if it’s not contaminated. The worst thing you can do is cook something poorly, it’s actually better to eat raw refrigerated chicken than semi cooked

only as a tartare
why would you skip on the delicious variance of flavour and texture of a medium one otherwise?

Attached: meh.ro5298.jpg (1440x900, 553K)

Beef carries bacteria which takes a much larger contamination to effect us than the bacteria found on chicken.

its a god damn dino

>scared of a fucking steak but calls others soyboys
Haha what the fuck

For leaner cuts, sure, but those fatty cuts should be medium-rare. Cold rubbery fat isn't good.

who gives a fuck if someone eats meat the way you dont like to? how does it affect you exactly?
there is no way the raw beef is an actual thing to discuss, its always a bait

texture

>X cooks differently than Y

Isnt this like the absolute basics of food?