Veeky Forums, what do you use as a bookmark?

Veeky Forums, what do you use as a bookmark?

Currently I use a napkin from the Hemingway Bar in Prague but it's like 2 years old and will probably fall apart any day now

Other urls found in this thread:

katiesbookmarks.storenvy.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A small sized post-it note/flag

A strip of notebook paper

I just dog ear it

I just use a smaller, thinner book.

the price tag from a pair of jeans i bought earlier this year

I use a bookmark

What an insensible brute.

What if you're reading the smallest book you own?

Better than using the floor and breaking the spine.

I mostly just use store or library receipts

Sometimes this too

The receipt for the book

i use redpills mostly, but sometimes they burst and it looks like there's menstrual blood on page 173

With physical books most often I use a ripped piece of paper that has at least one straight edge.
For Catcher in the Rye I've use the same old receipt a few times, as well as some papers, I keep them at the end and I have a bunch, when I get midaged there might be more bookmarks than actual pages.

I just rip out all the pages I've already read, I don't understand why everyone keeps them.

I used to use an ace of spades card. It's somewhere in my mother's house now, I think. For a long time I read digitally, and now I use

EMRAKUL THE PROMISED END

I can finish that in one go

The best possible answer to that question

yugioh cards

tacky cardboard bookmarks I got from ordering off of amazon/ebay.

I just tear out the last/ unimportant page a bit and stick it in there

Usually whatever the bookstores give away for free. Although I found pic in Marseille and love it. The only problem is it can only be used in big books because it's so fragile.

A pokemon card of shining Kabutops

A blank notecard.

Each book should have its own non-unique bookmark.

I just rip out a piece of paper from an advertising magazine or an old newspaper I find.

baseball cards

I use those little folded paper slips that come on the top of CDs.

Are you judge holden?

I use a .45 magnum wrapped in my brother's cumsock.

Holy shit, someone else who knows Kayo Dot. I used to be into motW when I was a teenager, but I'm less edgy now. Manifold Curiosity is my fave track from that album.

I use a Polaroid of the Sierra Nevadas about the size of a baseball card for every book I've read in the past year.

ayo niggas waddup
>same here

Shit card m8

Theater/concert/opera/cinema tickets, to show off my diverse and refined taste.

Not a bad solution at all

What if you suddenly have to pee?!

I like my Katie bookmark

Good tastes

A laminated bookmark I got from high school. I've been using it constantly for about 10 years now.

I really want a couple fancy, literary bookmarks but I dunno where to look for them

an old 256mb stick of RAM

You can't read and pee at the same time?

I tear out every page before the one I'm reading so whenever I open the book it's the page I left off on.

Tea Tabs

I read every book in one sitting

He just buys really tiny volumes that are only one chapter long each.

I haven't used a bookmark in over a decade. I usually remember the page where I left off, made easier by the fact that I almost always leave off at the end of a chapter. It is sometimes a little harder when I am reading more than one or two books at a time or if a book doesn't have chapters, but even then it doesn't take long to figure out where I was.

The opposite, I intentionally buy single volume versions of multiple volume works

I almost died from sleep deprivation while reading In Search Of Lost Time

Stop LARPing, you gay faggot.

Choirs of the Eye and Hubardo are top notch mang.

A two dollar bill.

a bookmark

Why wouldn't you just rip the pages out as you finish reading them? Are you guys retarded or something?

mean

I place the book face down so the pages stay open until I start reading it again

Movie/concert tickets, receipts, scrap paper

Dude just fold the corner of the page

Someone post greentext about ripping out pages and throwing them in a fire as you read them.
Or was that actually from Wittgenstein's Mistress and I'm for whatever reason assuming it came from this board

i use a ripped dollar

Art postcards from museums. I then do some intangible synesthesia shit in my mind to pair them with whatever books I'm gonna be reading

You're a good guy, user. I'm

katiesbookmarks.storenvy.com/
You're welcome

no..? You can? You don't use both hands to hold your massive dong to prevent it from spraying all over?

stop shilling your gay shit katie

this

It's from House of Leaves. The guy burns back pages from a book to read the next pages. Except that hack fraud stole the idea from 100 Years of Solitude.

Tissue, used of course

This is the most bandcamp album cover image I've ever seen.

I don't use bookmarks. I always remember where I left off.

I. read a paperback copy of Don Quixote, it started falling while I read it and after I finished I just started using the pages as book marks.

Haven't read either of them (and don't plan on ever reading House of Leaves). But now that I think about it, I'm almost positive there's something in Wittgenstein's Mistress about the protag throwing pages into a fire, even if only to use them as timber. Would love is someone else could confirm this

Fuck you

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's what she said

Nothing. It only takes like five seconds for me to find where I left off even in a large book.

Just sit down my dude. It's okay, no one is there to judge you.

First present from my very first love.
I was 13.
Am 26

i use one of these which also acts as a bookmark

Pic related

I've been there desu. It was shit.

One of these (worth about 2c in USD)

Book Depository bookmarks, I probably have a several dozen now.

>implying their music is edgy
Also Toby Diver just release a great solo album

Now that you mention it. How good is that book?
I've been meaning to read it for a long time

This is what my stepmom does, but she rotates the edge every time, it's fucking disgusting

>He doesn't put the book on top of his head while grabbing his phone for a sec

>not a single person has said "I just remember the page number"
Am I really alone? Although usually I remember chapter or section numbers if I can.

My man... I always sit down, just tuck your peepee in and plop her on down. No need to take your hands off the book or whatever you're doing

>using bookmarks
>not just reading the entire book in one sitting

do you even read?

>he doesn't remember what chapter he left on

2 people said that you illiterate fuck

I drink so yeah shit sort of happens.

A polaroid sized postcard from Canal du Midi

i found this in a used book a few years ago and i've been using it since, thought i lost it once and got really sad