Is aluminum cookware safe? Will it leech aluminum into my food? I thought aluminum buildup gave you dementia

Is aluminum cookware safe? Will it leech aluminum into my food? I thought aluminum buildup gave you dementia

Attached: 36c67cf603670d027a5a2ed3b04f81a6.jpg (600x600, 24K)

it's not safe

>stainless steel cookware is barely more expensive than aluminum
>people still buy aluminum anyway

wtf. the only acceptable aluminum pieces are giant stock pots since they're lightweight

Nothing is safe user

depends if you pronounce it al-oo-min-um or al-yoo-min-ee-um

>light therefore safe
Nigga u stupit

Despite what fear mongers want you to believe aluminum cookwear is safe. You can do some "research" and find "proof" to support whatever you want to believe but legitimate science cannot correlate a direct relationship between aluminum cookwear and the common diseases associated with its use. Aluminum has for the last 50 or 60 years been the material of choice for the vast majority of cookwear used in restaurants, institutions and food processing plants. If there was any relationship between aluminum cookwear and Alzheimer's there would be solid evidence to support the claims. To date there is not.

>What is aluminium oxide
Did you flunk basic chemistry or something

They actually figured out autistic people have more aluminum in their brains than normal people.

hydroxide isn't it? or is oxide the power form?

This. There's more aluminum in your deodorant than in your cookware.

The fuck you trying to say?
Aluminium reacts with the air to form a thin layer of aluminium oxide at its surface, an extremely nonreactive ceramic that has no problem standing up to the temperatures involved in typical household cooking. This layer stops the aluminium reacting with anything else, making """leeching""" impossible.

Depends on the spelling, ya ninny. Both "aluminum" and "aluminium" are correct.

Attached: Shrug.jpg (810x780, 65K)

Yeah I know that. I was just asking about the terminology I was unsure of, calm the fuck down. I know it's melting point is like 2000C or some shit like that.

>Is aluminum cookware safe? Will it leech aluminum into my food
It depends what you're cooking. Most foods are fine in it, but if you're doing something very acidic (lemons, rhubarb, that sort of thing) then find a different type of pan.

I prefer to use cast iron, but not usually because of worries about leaching; it's the difference in thermal properties that I usually care about.

Attached: 01.png (1080x1920, 578K)

Attached: 02.png (1080x1920, 541K)

t. absolute soyboy

Where the fuck is carbon steel (or 'black iron' as I've seen some Frenchies call it) on these lists? It's literally the best cookware. Only exception being stainless steel cooking pots and enameled cast iron dutch ovens.

I've never used one but wouldn't that be very similar to cast iron?

It's basically the same as cast iron except doesn't take half an hour to heat and a full hour to cool down.
Also it's way more non-stick and slick. De Buyer for life.

Also Gordon Ramsey uses them (in his videos as well), if you care about those things.

it isn't

Please take a look at the periodic table before posting again.

Popularising errors does not make them acceptable.

I advise you to do the same, as both are etymologically sound. Aluminum simply changed to aluminium to match other elements like helium.