Are fuzzy logic rice cookers some kind of Japanese meme, or are they actually worth the money?

Are fuzzy logic rice cookers some kind of Japanese meme, or are they actually worth the money?

Attached: stainless-dark-gray-zojirushi-rice-cookers-np-hcc10xh-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/do-the-pros-of-brown-rice-outweigh-the-cons-of-arsenic/
rosewill.com/rosewill-rhrc-13001-fuzzy-logic-rice-cooker-5-5-cups-uncooked-11-cups-cooked.html
amazon.com/Rosewill-RHRC-13001-Uncooked-Cooker-Steamer/dp/B00I2T18DO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you can't cook rice in a pot you should kill yourself.

Worth the money if you're preparing rice several times a week for more than just yourself.

Or if it's just yourself, then useful if you REALLY like rice and are lazy.

Make sure you spend at least $80-100 though, anything less is a waste of money.

This, a meme and I was glad when mine broke. EVERYONE IN JAPAN HAS ONE, why?

I have a Rosewell that has the Fuzzy Logic board in it that cost me $40. It is the tits.

Just because I can doesn't mean I want to. Pushing one button is so much easier.
Is the rice appreciably better than what you get out of a generic $15 non-fuzzy rice cooker though?

Because weebs

Attached: brietbart-22.16.08-640x480.png (640x480, 136K)

>Pushing a button is easier than turning a knob on a stove
Gay

Very worth it.

>Steel cut oats
>1 chopped banana
>handful of shredded coconut
>cinnamon
>water
Set to porridge, put it on a timer for the morning
>In the morning, add peanut butter, brown sugar and milk

This has been my breakfast every day for like a year, it's great. You can also use it to make rice pilafs, box cake mixes, big "pancakes", rice congee, lots of stuff. It frees up an element and lets you prep things in advance and set them on timers, and it NEVER fucks up, the results are 100% consistent every time. Even without a bread/cake setting, mine makes perfect cake on the brown rice setting.

Would get one if I had the space and money. Parents got the identical one and the rice came out really chewy. Fucking loved it.

>Is the rice appreciably better than what you get out of a generic $15 non-fuzzy rice cooker though?
Yes, actually. My cheap-o cookers always fucking got crusty or even burnt on the bottom and the rice quality was inconsistent from batch to batch. Fuzzy logic cookers are highly consistent and have a "set it and forget it" appeal.

I've had a zojiroshi for at least like 6 years. It's fucking great I love the thing. The rice quality and ease of use makes it easily worth the 100 something I paid for it. Much better than some cheap pos from Walmart that boils over

I also have a Zorji I've had for years and use it weekly. I agree, no burnt rice and easy to use.

Just get a rice cooker

They don't have stoves

>talking about actual Japanese people
>weebs
Sort yourself out user.

Any decent rice cooker with fuzzy logic will cook rice better than any pot possibly can.

What's a good brand?

Can't decide between Zojirushi or Cuckoo

They are both good. I had a Zojirushi that lasted for 20 years. It finally needed to be replaced because the inner pot got scratched. I replaced it with a Cuckoo, based on the recommendations of a few friends. The Cuckoo seems to have the same or better build quality, and so far has not given me any issues. It also sings in Korean, but that is just a bonus.

Worth it bro, add some salt a clove of garlic and a pinch of chicken broth flavoring and BAM! Delicious pany dropping rice, made the bitch pick them up, don't like dirty clothing in my kitchen.

I have a Zojirushi . Totally worth it.

This, also you can set timers so it's ready to eat right as you get home. Waste of money if you live by yourself or don't eat rice 5x a week.

Because eating rice every single day of your life (as mot Asian families do) is different than making it once every few weeks and calling others retards for having one

This. If it's a staple food in your diet, most people would rather go for the easy option of pressing a few buttons and forgetting about it rather than having to watch a pot on the stove all the time.

because housewives don't give a fuck and have other burners occupied

Because Japanese food is fucking obnoxious to cook so they need six different burners for six different things to make a bite of food and rice pots are in the way.

A good quality fuzzy logic makes better rice than you can make in a pot on the stove, so there's also that.

Link to cooker

They work very well for lenitls in addition to rice

Do you find anything lacking in the Cuckoo?
I mostly make Sushi, Basmati, or Brown, so I'm leaning Zojirushi because in my mind, nips = sushi, but the Cuckoos do seem to be a better value.

My Zoj doesn't have a lentils button. Guess I should have gone for something in the $200 range.

>cuckoo

Actually had to look that up to make sure I wasn't replying to a shitpost. They look more expensive than Zojirushi where I am.

doesn't matter really
takes about the same amount of water and heat
im sure it would turn out fine using the rice setting

Seems the mid-range 6 cup model from Cuckoo is ~$85, the 5.5 cup Zojirushi is $150 on amazon, both made in China.
The ones actually made in Korea or Japan are much more expensive, but even there, the Korean ones run cheaper.

I just did a quick qoogle of cuckoo and everything that came up first was $200 plus. My Zojirushi was $140 and was made in Japan.

There are like 10 different rice settings. Gonna look into it, though. So much you can do with lentils.

nutritionfacts.org/video/do-the-pros-of-brown-rice-outweigh-the-cons-of-arsenic/

>So, bottom line, until we know more, my current thinking on the matter is: if you really like rice, you can moderate your risk by cutting down, choosing lower-arsenic varieties, and cooking it in a way to lower exposure even further. But, if you like other whole grains just as much—like if you simply don’t care either way if you have rice vs. quinoa, or whatever, I’d choose the lower-arsenic option.

>Do you find anything lacking in the Cuckoo?
Nothing so far. I use it mostly for sushi rice, sweet/glutinous rice, and sweet/glutinous mixed with barley (or other grains).
>nips = sushi
True, but those Koreans know their way around rice just as well.

Honestly you'll be fine either way, they both seem to be (and in the case of my old Zoji, proven to be) quality products.

Attached: J0000019197.jpg (1280x960, 126K)

How do you know what buttons to push, though?

They need rice ready to be served at all times the way we need a loaf of bread on hand at all times. Except for keto patricians.

>not learning Japanese through years of osmosis by watching anime
それは簡単、馬鹿
Actually, I did have my hands on a Japanese 100 volt Zojirushi for a while, but it didn't really work well on Murrican 120 volt anyway.

rosewill.com/rosewill-rhrc-13001-fuzzy-logic-rice-cooker-5-5-cups-uncooked-11-cups-cooked.html
amazon.com/Rosewill-RHRC-13001-Uncooked-Cooker-Steamer/dp/B00I2T18DO

Seems to be out of stock everywhere. Hopefully they manufacture more (bought mine in late 2016). Google cheap fuzzy logic rice cookers, looks like Panasonic makes one in the $60-80 range and the Zojirushi NS-WAC10 can be had for about $100.

I have a shitty rice cooker with just 2 options and I fucking love it. It's so much better than using a pot.

>EVERYONE IN JAPAN HAS ONE, why?

Because the average Japanese kitchen looks like this.
Also because until the invention of the electric rice cooker in the 1950s, Japanese housewives were cooking their rice over an actual fireplace that needed to be tended all day to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Being able to get away from the rice to do something else, even just leaving the kitchen to do another chore, was with no exaggeration a revolution in time management.

Attached: pict0010.jpg (2048x1536, 1.47M)

Whatever reasoning or excuses that you all can come up with is fine in defense of having one, saving you so much time and easy easy easy. Making rice on the stove is quick and easy too, it is not an arduous task if you know what you're doing. It won't take up space on your stove if you take it off and will remain hot with a lid and towel over it for longer than half an hour.

We get it, dude. You're literally triggered by any semblance of convenience whatsoever.
You've derailed dozens if not hundreds of threads because of it.

Handle your autism, please.

You're a retard, if you have 2 burners and what you're cooking requires 2-3 burners WITHOUT rice, adding rice to that mix just wastes more time.

So much easier to just press a button on a rice cooker.

Or if you're a larger asian family, you'll likely have at least 1 or 2 people eating rice at every time of day.

Rice porridge for breakfast, rice side for lunch, rice with dinner, etc.

No one is going to waste that much time and effort making rice on the stove top.

If rice cookers reasonably had no true usefulness, they wouldn't be as popular as they are.

You're just white and ignorant.

>wasting time
>button pusher
>white and ignorant
I'm done now, enjoy your ready rice.

>being this retarded

it's like you think all chinese, japanese, and korean families are retarded.

They wouldn't waste money on a rice cooker if they didn't need to.

It has obvious practical benefits to an asian kitchen.

>literally one of the oldest cultivated foods in the world
>people are convinced you need a $400 machine to take the place of a fire and a $2 pot

How is this not a meme? It doesn't matter if a million Asians fell for it too.

>$2 pot
>$400 machine

Wew, you really tried to stretch that as far as you could.

A reasonable multi-layer stainless steel pot is $20-30.

A reasonable rice cooker is $100-150.

Surely if your kitchen were that cramped, you'd want to keep extraneous appliances to a minimum.

>A reasonable multi-layer stainless steel pot is $20-30.

If rice cookers are a meme this is a subtle meme. I'm sure they were using multi-layer stainless pots to cook rice for the first THREE THOUSAND YEARS people ate this stuff.

I had to spend a few months without a microwave. My roomate bought a decent rice cooker and during that time we found that between the oven and the rice cooker we didnt need a microwave.

Now a rice cooker has become a necessity for me. Though I will admit I want an InstaPot next time I have the cash. They do all the same shit and they can pressure cook.

Japan has this huge boner for fuzzy logic for some reason. The first notable application of it was in a Japanese high speed train in the 90s. They also use it in their early warning systems for earth quakes.

I guess there's some use to it, but really all you need is a simple PID controller.

Surely this demonstrates that a rice cooker is the exact opposite of extraneous, despite Veeky Forums's autistic shrieking.

They don't usually keep them out on the kitchen counter like Americans to with their appliances. Rice cookers usually have handles and retractable cords so you can put it away in a closet or something when you're not using it.

I have a kitchen that size. I need all the cupboard space available - so no, I definitely wouldn't want to try and cram a rice cooker in somewhere.

Well yeah, because you don't cook rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

You're not eating anywhere near the same amount of rice as someone who owns a rice cooker.

I didn't say anything about the volume of rice eaten or indeed the trade-off between space and the same: I'm just surprised people want to make cramped kitchens more cramped.

That's funny because ITT it was claimed to be an all day food and one of the many reasons why they are necessary to own.

>I'm just surprised people want to make cramped kitchens more cramped.
Yeah i'm surprised anyone with a stove top that cramped would WANT to always take up another burner with rice, every fucking day.

Oh wait, they don't because they all own rice cookers.

I've clearly wandered into a bit of a screech thread, so I'll just leave you guys to it.

>all you need is a simple PID controller
fuzzy logic isn't complex by any means, but it's uses and the uses of PID control are completely unrelated. If anything you'd need some sort of fuzzy logic to supply the PID with an input.