What r u reading

What r u reading

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Western Canon. I'm not gay enough to take a feminine picture of myself with it though

>Just a picture of me connecting with my German heritage! My great great grandmother's aunt was German! #SturmundDang #DeutschlandUberAlles #OhHowtheMightyHaveFallen #GoetheNotMerkel #StopTheRapefugeeInvasion

You look like a guy I used to bone.

PAJEET MY SON

Hey me too!

FFFUCK i love that name I’m gonna name 1 of my sons Ravidranath

Cosmopolis

"Airport" by Alain de Botton
it's terrible and I hate him

lol what is that on his forehead?

>unshaven untrimmed pits
No amount of great literature will make this subhuman into a civilized man.

This is why I'm bisexual

do it irl, then we'll talk

Xoxo

At least she's reading the patrician translation.

I know, Goethe's writing is just so powerful.

Ten bucks says that he is a manlet

6’2

why am I laughing so much at this

fucking kek

Like a bossss

Because you're a western neo-liberal Urbanite who can't think outside of your 21st century sensibilities and therefore you find the concept of identifying with your ancestral heritage to be an alien one?

Left over name, sorry.

B-but the Odyssey is one of those books that women can't understand? Veeky Forums have told me this.

Why are you trying to read it?

>I'm pure I swear!
>1/12th Mongol, 1/6th Slav, 100% European!

>like a clockwork

neck yourself

dat nigga Jim

ayy lmao

>Insulting me in broken English

It's like I'm really in the banlieue!

WE

>reading Goethe in englisch

fuck, I don't remember when last time I read something without the shirt. Poser!

Always and forever on my night table - Meditations. Marcus Aurelius

>thinks something is wrong in previous post
>he isn't even proficient in his native tongue
The absolute state of amerilards.

If you think the two cases are comparable then you do not understand what makes We Wuz Kangz so absurd. The Multi-Origin Sub-Saharan Africans that now inhabit the US have no relation to the native inhabitants of Ancient Egypt. The attempts made by modern African-Americans to appropriate ancient Egyptian culture and history are far different from a white American with majority German heritage identifying as Ethnically German & having a sense of pride from the accomplishments of his actual ancestors.

your nose bridge makes me uncomfortable

>Tfw genre fiction reading brainlet

I'm loving it so far though

You look like a young Jackson Crawford

Terrible cover

WUZ

what translation is that?

>this hyperbole you're using on this website known for it's hyperbolic humor is in fact a hyperbole
Good stuff, 56%.
>identifying as
Literally nobody cares what you larp as. Pasty Midwesterner that knows a dozen Yiddish words is no more a German than a Pinoy that owns a pair of Lederhosen.

the nordic myth guy on youtube? I love that guys videos.

I'd pound your boipucci if you cut those witch claws.

Lattimore.

Except for the fact that millions of Midwesterners literally are the dissidents of German diaspora.
Your strictly linguistic definition of ethnicity doesn't really fly.

My apologies. I was trying to take the picture quickly before my boss saw me.

apologizing after i insult you. fucking adorable

I didn't take it as an insult. But, now that I know it was meant to be one, I'm offended.

I don't know how to feel about this

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>dissidents
Kek. Dissidents no doubt, illiterate negroid. Ethnicity means fuck all when it comes to cultural affiliation. Second-generation migrants is as far as you could possibly stretch it, everything beyond that is just pure larping. Also some flyover trash "taking pride in achievements of people with whom he shares some genetic similarity" is like a bonobo in a zoo taking pride in invention of calculus by Leibniz, because their DNA sequence is highly similar. Neck yourself.

>Second-generation migrants is as far as you could possibly stretch it, everything beyond that is just pure larping
From all the encounters I've had with American tourists, I can confirm this. Though, I do take pride in the accomplishments of my people. It has always been a collective effort desu.

Oh no. I made a spelling error. My argument sure is refuted by that.

>flyover trash "taking pride in achievements of people with whom he shares some genetic similarity" is like a bonobo in a zoo taking pride in invention of calculus by Leibniz, because their DNA sequence is highly similar.
Do you have any position other than exasperating childish hyperbole?

No shit, but they don't align to any other factors either. Not culture, not experience, not mentality, and not genetics.

A Man Called Ove, and next Revolt Against The Modern World

What the fuck do you mean "not genetics"? They are directly related to Germans.
I never said that their culture, experience, or mentality were anything like those of Germans.

>My argument
You have no argument. Sharing some genetic ties has nothing to do with belonging to a national culture. Keep your LARP on the board of other worthless losers grasping at straws to find something to be proud about in their pathetic lives.

No.

Are you not paying attention to the meme? They may be directly related to Germans but they're largely mixed with others. In any case, it means nothing except for affinity between appearance. Which pales in comparison to sharing culture and language.

My argument was that "The Multi-Origin Sub-Saharan Africans that now inhabit the US have no relation to the native inhabitants of Ancient Egypt. The attempts made by modern African-Americans to appropriate ancient Egyptian culture and history are far different from a white American with majority German heritage identifying as Ethnically German & having a sense of pride from the accomplishments of his actual ancestors" because of the genetic similarities or lack thereof between the respective groups.
Therefore, the use of We Wuz Kangz as a response to displayed a profound misunderstanding of two different situations.

I never said anything about "national culture" or that Midwesterners are Germans.
You keep misrepresenting my statement.

As already said nobody disputes your profound fucking revelations about a hyperbolic meme reply being hyperbolic. What every sane person is laughing about is your "identifying with your ancestral heritage" hogwash.

And there you go misrepresenting my position again.
If you have an American who is the descendant of Germans, that American is an Ethnically German and can use that as justification to like German things.
This is a factual statement.

>justification to like things
Is this trolling or are you unironically unmemetically mentally disabled?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group

>ethnicity
>noun
>the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.
Sharing genetic ties has nothing to do with ethnicity, you mongrel mutt. Fuck off.

Is this how autism speaks?

Shave off that disgusting prepubescent lip hair and trim the beard. Maybe lose some weight. Post dickpics.

when I go back out on the street

Are you denying that people use things like Identity to justify their preferences?
Funny how that definition also has the phrase "common ancestry" in it (Which it mentions first by the way) so, I am correct by your definition as well.
You just don't want to admit that you're wrong for some reason.

I like learning about obscure fronts of WW1

>Are you denying that people use things like Identity to justify their preferences?
Maybe very special people in your special class. Normal people don't actually feel the need to justify their preferences to anyone at all.
>that definition also has the phrase "common ancestry"
Among other things. Your great grand parent being French alone doesn't make you French in the slightest, Shaniqua.

Have you read about the East African Campaign yet?

WE ARE FEW BUT WE OUT HERE FAMALAM

I've got one about the Italian Front coming up.

I will eventually get around to reading the East African Campaign. Right now I'm trying to work through my stack of 20 books.

>people do something therefore it's logical
Tell me this is trolling. Do you like pizza because you're 1/128th Italian? Do you like Dosto because you're 1/1024th Russian? Is this how American mind works? Are you even human?

The Temple of the Golden Pavilion

>Normal people don't actually feel the need to justify their preferences to anyone at all.
Everyone justifies what they like to themselves via some reasoning.
>Your great grand parent being French alone doesn't make you French in the slightest
Well, first of all, it would make you part French. So, you would be French "in the slightest". Also, I did also state above that most of the people who identify as ethnic Germans would be majority German.
>people do something therefore it's logical
Never said that.
>Do you like pizza because you're 1/128th Italian? Do you like Dosto because you're 1/1024th Russian?
Never said anything like that either. People are not made to like things by their ancestry. But they can use their ancestry as a justification as to why they attracted to a certain aspect of a given culture.

>$67.00 on Amazon
why is this so expensive?

do you rike it?

This is a nice change of pace after finishing Cloud Atlas on Sunday.

>Everyone justifies what they like to themselves via some reasoning.
Yes, reasoning that operates on the qualities of object of affinity and individuals' innate perception and evaluation of these qualities' utility to them. Association with a group doesn't even tangentially come into play here, you phenomenal moron.
>Well, first of all, it would make you part French.
Repeating your retardation doesn't make it true. People who speak French and live and breathe contemporary French culture are French. Mutts that live in a McMansion in Texas and had French ancestors are just that - Texans with French ancestors.
>Never said that.
>Never said anything like that either.
That is literally what you said, my oligophrenic friend.
>justification as to why they attracted to a certain aspect of a given culture
Some people spewing idiotic garbage doesn't actually make it logically sound.

You seem like a colossally stupid person. This isn't even to insult or win an argument - just that.

It's good, I really love the prose and the way he talks about the relationship between imperfect, changing physical beauty and perfect metaphysical beauty

>That is literally what you said
Why don't you show me where I said it rather than just saying that I said it.

For your other point, You're trying to take genetics entirely out of what it means to be French, German, etc. In doing that, you would dishonestly change what the word French means just like you tried to change the meaning of the word Ethnicity with your shitty Wikipedia definition that backfired.
You do NOT want to have an honest discussion because you know that I am objectively correct.

>Why don't you show me
I did quote it literally on the next line.
>You're trying to take genetics entirely out of what it means to be French
I'm not. Do you not understand the difference between necessary and sufficient?
>just like you tried to change the meaning of the word Ethnicity
I didn't I literally quoted you OED.
>that backfired
This isn't /pol/, declaring yourself right isn't an actual argument. Ethnicity is not just genetics, far from it. Again, come back to discussion when you finish high-school, realize the difference between necessary and sufficient conditions and stop being so very dense.
>You do NOT want to have an honest discussion because you know that I am objectively correct.
Again, not pol. Constrain your mental midget rage.

Just getting started.

>people arguing

Started today. I'm falling for her prose, it's wonderful.

Sure hope you're keeping the shire cleaner then you're house frodo.

top kek

How's the diabetes going?

>you know that I am objectively correct.
You are objectively stupid. The only problem I have with the other guy arguing with you is that I disagree with him.

It is natural to be interested in your family background, and if that makes you discover German culture that is fine. However, that is not the same as being ethnically German.

That doesn't really matter. Even as a Nordic person I understand how important the entire line of philosophers has been to shape the culture of my nation.

We all belong to a Western/European cultural sphere, and both European and American culture is part of our heritage.

Why does he have bird poop on his forehead?

>Ethnicity is not just genetics
Nobody, in this entire thread, ever said that it was.

This argument is two people deliberately refusing to understand each other. Retarded.

>Nobody, in this entire thread, ever said that it was.
>German heritage identifying as Ethnically German
>If you have an American who is the descendant of Germans, that American is an Ethnically German
Don't you have an African bull to shower with oljefondet money while he takes your wife in front of you?

No one gives a shit about genetics and ancestry. What matters is the connection to xy culture. Anything else is brainless LARPing, bitchmade Yanks being special little snowflakes. Plastic-paddies downing Jack, wannabe-Italians choking on spaghetti, Johnny Gunther drinking beer with a vaguely-germanic name, and Pierre Fuckington collecting Walmart baguettes. And not a single word of Irish, Italian, German or French was spoken that day.

Stop clinging to whatever heritage you claim. You’ve already ruined it, what you see in Little Italy is not fucking Florence.

>but I’m 1/42 Russian brotherski
Learn the fucking language, engage with “your” nation, embrace the actual culture, or fuck off.

I’m Hungarian and I know Chinese and MENA immigrants more Hungarian than the LARPers I have to interact with at work. Pathetic. Fuck your genetics and ancestry.