What exactly is this book, outside of a /pol/ meme, and why does Veeky Forums hate it so much...

What exactly is this book, outside of a /pol/ meme, and why does Veeky Forums hate it so much? I get that it's anti-Semitic in nature, but what is it actually about? Has anybody here actually read it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ve7RPvhC7tc
splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/kevin-macdonald
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a scientific study, not antisemitic. It's about jewish evolutionary group behavior, understood through their involvement in 20th century intellectual movements. If you're white and haven't read it yet you're a pleb.

Evo psych is a very serious science.

It's evopsych masquerading as philosophy. Not only is it evopsych, its BAD evopsych.

>a scientific study
No, it's poltardianism. The theories and concepts he uses aren't even taken seriously in modern evopsych, which itself is in the grey zone of what constitutes a "science".

>and why does Veeky Forums hate it so much?
It gets shilled here all the time. We have an unironic large contingent of people for whom the "Jewish question" is the cornerstone of their ideological universe.

Because Veeky Forums, although an okay board has the highest number of Jews and minorities browsing, which is also why the most popular ideology is neo-liberal nihilism.

Yeah, like five years ago. Now it's /pol9k/ v.2

>highest number of Jews
That's the main problem here. Not as bad as it used to be but there's still a bad infestation, making it difficult to have serious discussions on many issues since they swarm and jam.

If you're seriously wondering there is a five part quick rundown on youtube

>youtube.com/watch?v=ve7RPvhC7tc

>why does Veeky Forums hate it so much?
Because it's relentlessly forced by mental midgets from pol and as with anything pol-related any attempt to actually discuss its merits and faults will only yield a threadful of underage cretins yelling "JIDF". Incidentally the same thing McDonald did in this pseudoscientific abortion.

>muh *legit* science

Show me how a group evolutionary strategy based on conspiracy and nepotism isn't going to succeed in a society that is more or less individualistic.

>muh *legit* science
>show me how my pseudoscience doesn't work
Not how it works.

This, pretty much

>video with a frog
Really make me thonk.

>nope not gonna watch it, the creator (who pretty much only quotes the book) has a different political opinion than me

>>show me how my pseudoscience doesn't work

Should be easy if it's pseudoscience. I'll wait.

>I get that it's anti-Semitic in nature,
It's not. Just read it.

>what exactly is this book
an extremely good book on evo psych that's never been refuted
>why does Veeky Forums hate it
because Veeky Forums is full of leftypol users
>i get that it's anti-semitic
ah, you haven't read it or his other books then

splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/kevin-macdonald

>soviet poverty lie center
should be completely ignored.

still yet to see an actual argument ITT
the two top researchers in evo psych (tooby and cosmides) were specifically asked to refute it and couldn't

>What exactly is this book, outside of a /pol/ meme
It's an evo psych work that claims Jewish behavior can be characterized as an group evolutionary strategy. It's not a /pol/ meme at all, its notoriety precedes and transcends Veeky Forums

>and why does Veeky Forums hate it so much?
Because Veeky Forums is (or used to be) mostly liberal/left-wing and MacDonald's work provides fuel for white supremacist/anti-semitic narratives meanwhile being serious enough/well-researched enough to not be easily shrugged off without at least a bit of expertise in the field. The best attempt at refutation you'll get is something vague and dismissive like "dude evo psych isn't even a serious field haha". There are genuine attempts at refutation of the work raised by psychologists and other professionals; I suggest you read the book and said arguments before reaching any conclusions.

>I get that it's anti-Semitic in nature
It really isn't, imo.

>top researchers
>in evo psych
top kel

why is evopsych a meme tho?