What are some books that changed how you view the world? That had a permanent impact on you?

What are some books that changed how you view the world? That had a permanent impact on you?

None because I'm smart.

ok you start

I read starship troopers and now I'm headed to OSUT in january. fuck.

/thread

>Why Nations Fail
>A Conflict of Visions
>The Prince
>How to Win Friends and Influence people

>How to Win Friends and Influence people
Get the fuck out

>>How to Win Friends and Influence people

This tbqhwyf. Aptitude for analytical and abstract thought as well as introspection and self-awareness coupled with decent upbringing precludes your worldview from being changed by books alone. They might help you get deeper into some perspectives, but will never "shake you to your core" like it happens with mental midgets.

*tips*

its good advice. just let other people talk about themselves, and pretend you give a shit. DONT talk about yourself, just let them ramble on, and they love you for it. i use that advice every day

Culture of Critique.

>>The Prince
>>How to Win Friends and Influence people
lmao

Dude I found this out in 9th grade. Like I'm autistic on the inside but people think I'm nice and sociable because I know how to be polite. It's sad people need to read a book for that.

implying i DIDNT read that book & the prince in 9th grade

how about post some books of your own instead of cuntwhining

>He doesn't see THE HEART

Is that you?

JEZEBEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS!

stranger in a strange land is my #1. got a tattoo and everything!

>The pseud edgelord starter kit
>also includes a wicked sense of nihilistic humor and a black shirt with flames

Lolita, but unironically

dude lapis lmao

The I Ching, also known as Classic of Changes or Book of Changes

toss your whore from the thirty third floor
t. sickofit

Maps of Meaning

Tbh, your mom shook me to the core last night.

All of them because I'm smart.

This. When you truly understand the culture as a whole, you can see structures behind every book ever created and grasp the vital truths behind each one.

Why Nations Fail is a great book!

acemoglu probably made you dumber than you had been before

Those titties phat

also:

1/ Read the Tao Te Ching
2/ Compare all available translations
3/ ????
4/ Profit!

名可名,非常名。

>How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes

Peter Schiff was my first redpill

based Asa Akira

The Bible.

>All that groks is God

Joseph of maistres considerations on france revolution. mainly the chapter on violence. Made me realize all the talk of peace was disassociated with reality and that violence is neither good or bad, merely a tool to further a good cause or a bad cause.

The Decline of the West, Oswald Spengler
A Study of History Vol. 1 & 2, Arnold Toynbee

There's alot more but I'm basically a white supremacist now and I'm not even white.

The Republic changed my life when I read it as a 19-year-old.

Old man and the sea made me rethink where I was going with my life tbqhwyf. Saved me from years of being miserable

Fictions impacted me since the fist time I read it

:)

read the book! i dare you xD

How long did the republic take you to read?

Malcolm X's biography hit me pretty hard when I read it early high school. I think most books written from a completely foreign well of experiences have changed my views at least slightly.

Started on a whim, became full fledged Discordian

this is a good post

descartes/10

Nobody 'becomes' a Discordian, you just discover that you were all along.

Everyone will think you are such a nice person and great and all but no one will ever really become your friend.

this is actually one of my favorite books of all time — a brief description of what each line of the hexagram means (in traditional chinese), then each line is followed by selections from western philosophy and literature. he digs deeply: this cannot be understated.

i have discovered parts of myself i did not know and faced them without fear; this book was not the impetus, but instead a powerful catalyst. 5/5

Moby Dick.
Genealogy of Morals.