Tfw you will never live in a wacky, ancap, cyberpunk America

>tfw you will never live in a wacky, ancap, cyberpunk America

Tell me about it. I just want to go to pizza university and work for the mafia making pizza.

Fellow Redditor here, these ARE the droids I'm looking for.

upvoted

An upvote back to you, sir *figuratively speaking*. Haha. We're taking over Veeky Forums. SNOW CRASH! WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

Oh god I hope that isn't real.

>making KMFDM appear in this shit
i am going to shoot a school now

>You will never be the spunky teenage girl that inspires Neal Stephenson's violent rape fantasies

How do you people get past the opening pizza delivery? Seriously one of the stupidest opening to a novel ever.

>Deus ex machina
>"God out of a machine"
>Book ends instead with "Dog into a machine"
BRAVO, MEMENSON.

The book is making fun of sci fi. You didn't find it ridiculous and over the top?

It's supposed to be comedic. It's not Neuromancer

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Snow Crash. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Hiro's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. Stephenson fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE.

i mean i liked it back in the day but i also liked doctor who and regular show and other shows for babies

Not him but I didn't find it funny at all. And Neuromancer is good for exactly 80 pages.

i wish it was not possible for this ugly of a post to exist

*submit*

it has it's own subreddit? Reddit really is the worst.

>tfw 1992 was 25 years ago
>tfw it can be discussed on Veeky Forums

>tfw you will never live in post-scarcity Disneyland

Could we wheel this back around actually good cyberpunk lit? I've been reading Greg Egan's Axiomatic which is pretty good, though it's not strictly cyberpunk.