ITT: Good advice you actually received from Veeky Forums

ITT: Good advice you actually received from Veeky Forums

S T A R T

T H I S S

become catholic

Post Lit related memes.

Don't actually read books. It's such a waste of time.

I second that advice

"you should fill this prescription, because you have pneumonia"

just do it

Tight pink boipucci is the best cure for writer's block.

Read the stickie

Read a book?

pls leave, I'd rather discuss a book with a /pol/lack than someone who hasn't actually read the book.

But you never notice anyway. Many of you even take my advice. Lel.

/pol/acks don't even read infographs nowadays

If you're planning on a large project make sure to write every day so you don't fall into the abyss.

I notice when you casually drop that bit of information in threads like these. It happens often enough that i expect it.
kill your self you literal psuedo-intellectual.

Read Culture of Critique.

a period of sincere, uncontrived Catholicism in a man's life is necessary for any understanding of human nature, life, culture and the arts...

that is the opposite of a twink

The Tiger
He broke his cage
Yes
YES
The Tiger is free

Don't self publish. Whatever you do. Don't self publish.

t. age 6

I don't ever really get to bring this up, but I've received a lot of great recommendations from Veeky Forums including my all time favourite book, The Recognitions by William Gaddis. Also, shout out to the user that posted pic related in a "recent purchases" thread a couple of months ago. This, along with Jessie Weston's From Ritual to Romance have been the source of many discoveries for which I will forever be thankful.

Start with the Greeks.

start with the Greeks was the best fucking literary advice I ever got anywhere. and pretty much the only good advice i've read on this board

>retarded to the point he manages to spoil a perfect 12 word poem
Now that's talent.

>being this new
It's like you literally weren't even here yesterday

Veeky Forums hasn't given me much good advice, but the sliver of good literary discussion that goes on here helps to off-set the fact that I know literally no one who reads beyond a high school level right now, and that even casually mentioning some of the ideas and topics I get genuinely excited about is enough to make people laugh under their breath or smile and nod politely until the topic returns to whatever fucking 1980's culture rehash popular entertainment has decided to churn out this week.

This is legitimately fantastic advice

Please can you tell me a bit more on this topic?

Nah that’s just neo-/pol/ and T_D fags.

/SIG/ and /NSG/ usually have great book discussions.

along the lines of this, catholic priests are amazing mentors and far better for your mental health (and wallet) than most therapists.

That's cause they're actually smart and have a theology/philosophy background

of what, mein kampf lmao
I bet those faggots don't even read Pound

That is the literal definition of a twink.

Is "you're new" the new "you're reddit" panic button among underage?

this is some pretty elaborate bait desu senpai

>he goes full panic and tries to fit in maximum amount of ebyn memewords in one sentence
Why?

I would, but I like sleeping in on Sundays.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, will read your book unless you have a fanbase that you can convince to meme your book into popularity.

Read Gravity's Rainbow. I thought it was my dad that told me about it first. Turns out it was Veeky Forums

and your boipussy too

Really? I think a conversation with someone from presumably the third world and who is presumably illiterate might be intriguing

t. i larped as a Catholic for three months

YES
It is just a number

>Veeky Forums is actually full of Catholics now

I'll bet half of you are haughty Thomists in the bargain

>broke
>free
Why do pseuds always pretend they've read Nael?

subtle

As to study their primitive ways?

Moby Dick, Oxford Annotated Bible

Becoming catholic will only ease your lack of discipline and purpose for a short while, you will eventually fall back into your old habits

t. fell for the convert meme a decade before any of you

Obviously I'm not Catholic anymore if I talk about it like that, but I did specify 'sincere'. Don't call me a larper user :(

Oh. I that all? Well That's fine. I control reality. I'll be living modestly with my with in the hills by the time I'm 65. You'll see faggot.

Totally. My college chaplain has offered me fantastic guidance while the college counsellor has given me nothing else but "mindfulness" aka the art of avoiding bad thoughts.

Most Catholic churches have 3 masses on Sunday, one of which happens in the evening

>became Catholic
>gave up
>"Being Catholic won't solve your problems"

:^)

Still a catholic lad

implying priests won't refer you to a psychiatrist if you need psychiatric help
the eunuch's jurisdiction should know where it ends.......

not skinny enough, thats called a twunk

Oh nice brother nice

>I'm not Catholic anymore
>'sincere'
Fuck you.

>Leave this board
I usually come back after half a week, but I get more reading done in that time.

Fedora

>tfw live in protestant country and all the catholic priests here are con-artists and scammers

Amerikkka? I'm in Australia (mostly Anglicans and Catholics, but there's a bunch of others) and our Catholic services seem boring and white-washed with liberalism anyway. I'd never join a church, but I'm religiously curious myself.

Are you implying that a devout believer can't stir from the path, user? And, jeez, who are you to get offended? You say "fuck you" while admonishing my use of the word sincere, as if I was compromising your own faith.

Norway. Might larp as a buddhist in the future.

There's Latin mass services in Australia if you want the Deluxe Traditional experience.

Australian Cath here too. My local church is Jesuit, so it suffers from that problem though. The homilies are generally quite good, but the style of mass is very modern. Try find a church run by Dominicans, they're generally quite traditional

How do you decide between Catholic or Orthodox?

There is just so many issues with the Catholic church. Going to a protestant service is so less uptight and formal. Just some bloke talking about the the bible and nothing else. Far better for someone interested in the scripture aspect only

>went to a sermon of a friend of mine. He literally spoke about the stoics, epicureans and name dropped David foster wallace

But Church isn't just about getting some wisdom from the preacher, but it's also about communing with God, to which rituals are essential. My girlfriend is Baptist and I don't get attacked by grace at her masses like I do at Catholic masses. But perhaps that's just me. Admittedly I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to these things, but Protestant masses often feel kind of empty to me, lacking as they do the mystic element that makes Cathodox so compelling.

I go to an Anglican church and we say the creeds, confess and do communion. It is a very nice compromise. I just feel no allegiance to the pope or maybe i would be catholic.

I personally don't think it's meant to be about rituals and I personally see them as false worship

I understand how the Catholic church was formed and respect it, but I feel like it has been ruined by mortal men

Protestantism gives me the tools to worship just fine

>feel no allegiance to the Pope

Totally fair. Part of the reason why I find it quite easy to trust the Pope is becausw the last three we've had have been so good (JP2 is mah boi). If I'm honest the reason I'm a Catholic is 1) I was born into it, and 2) I haven't had a reason to leave yet--though there have been times when Anglicanism or Orthodoxy have appealed to me.

I hope my post before didn't make it sound like I don't like Prottys. I love you guys.

Do you think rituals are false in all cases, or just when they're done mechanically? Because I'm wary of mechnical worship too, which is why I avoid recitation.

Someone actually told me here once
>Step One - Buy some Nike's.
>Step Two - Lace them up.
>Step Three - Just fucking do it, you sperg.

And so I did.

Become Confucian

Pretty much. Also the community aspect of church, a huge part a lot of cultures (northern Ireland) seems to only come about by joining the club by doing begruding rituals

Instead of coming together for a community meeting first and foremost to which you find faith and guidance in the scripture

I don't get it?

Thanks. I have liked the last few popes a lot as well.

the thread says "good advice you actually recieved from Veeky Forums", which means this thread is about good advice you thought came from another source that you later realized was from Veeky Forums.

/bread

Having one is

Don't rewrite and don't get hung up on planning. Just write, and if the finished work isn't what you expected that can be for the best.

>"mindfulness" aka the art of avoiding bad thoughts.
Mindfulness is the avoidance of all reflective thought.

>Actual good advice in the good advice thread.

Become Taoist

But the church in the USA seems absolutely hellbent on letting everyone from Mexico/Central/South America into the country because they know that attendance is waning among U.S. whites and instead of doing something to fix that they just ignore it and want open borders. It's the Christian thing to be welcoming to guests, of course, but to openly celebrate population replacement and promote illegal immigration doesn't seem very appealing to me as someone who has watched the demographics of my region drastically change in a very short period of time.

We're all brothers under Christ.

Catholics are universalists, user. It's right in the name. You can't be both an ethnic nationalist and a Catholic. You will have to give one up eventually.

Tell that to 20th century popes.

You meme fucks just blow around in whatever wind happens to be blowing. Have some intellectual dignity.

when you're writing, first write it physically out, then type. When typing you will notice grammar, logic holes, and plot holes.

Why can't we be brothers in different countries? Why do the brothers who drive without licenses or car insurance have to move to my neighborhood?

Christianity is a cuck ideology

kill yourself and start with the greeks

yes!

Lol christfags btfo'd. Have an upvote muh dood.

i mean if you have some real trauma like attempted murder, childhood rape, and other heavy shit like that, a psychiatrist might be better equipped to give you methods to help cope with that, but if you don't have anything heavy but still feel some form of existential dread or lack of meaning in your life, that is where priests shine most.

Alright, give me the quick rundown of greek shit and I'll start.