/Brit/

British cuisine appreciation thread

Attached: DY5UWiHXUAA8NDX.jpg (1638x2048, 526K)

inb4 toast sandwich, stargazy pie and jellied eels

>British cuisine
looks distinctly Scottish to me, or at least northern as fuck.

P I E B A R M
I
E
B
A
R
M

surely the correct preposition would be 'in'?

This bullshit pisses me off. How can they take the best part, aka the metallic pie tin, off of the pie on a barm?

What cuisine?

why do you think that's the best part?

UK here, don't even know what a 'barm' is.

I visited the north once, so that's why I recognise it

i really like meat pies

Ahahaha. Original comment

I impregnated this British girl a while back and while she was here we made a "roast dinner", she had sent me a box of English snacks and whatnot and in it came a Yorkshire pudding mix that I hadn't made.

I gave her the task of making them while I dealt with the chicken, potatoes, and what not; she was all about them, would always talk up the Yorkshire pudding and honestly, they weren't very good. She said they came out just like back home in England and she enjoyed them with the gravy and what not, but like every other English thing I tried outside of chocolate (and her lady parts) they were pretty underwhelming.

Slapping a pie onto mash and smothering it in gravy is a thousand times better than enchiladas to me.

Attached: W020130712302712430371.jpg (900x597, 145K)

Obviously a premade mix Yorkshire won't be great

I mean they were ok, they seemed to come out well, they were flaky and kind of crispy, but the flavor was just kind of bland for like a bread type side. Idk, maybe it's an American thing where I expected them to have a different more bready flavor than they did.

She did say she normally didn't use a mix and would just buy them from what I inferred. I roasted the bird on the barbecue and she seemed to get a kick out of that.

The flavor is meant to come from the roast grease you mix in it

It's not even a northern thing, it's used by people in and around the Manchester area only.
It sounds dumb as fuck.

What a fucking disgrace. Bit bois were a mistake...
>english breakfast
every item is american food. Lmao theese shit mouthed queens are so obsessed with us. Sorry Brit boi.

British food isn't that bad when it comes to like meat pies, goose and orher stuffed game birds, sausages, fried fish and desserts but why in the fuck do you guys let toddlers name your dishes? It sounds retarded to say some of them

Attached: 1520808826951.png (549x547, 718K)

Maybe that's why it was kind of lacking in flavor then. I don't think the directions called for any kind of grease and I imagine you can't match roast grease with powder. Is this something you regularly eat if you're English?

I like the one that says SOME juicy bits!

Attached: 1495054728990.jpg (480x480, 205K)

>Americans invented bacon, sausages, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, toasted bread, baked beans, etc.

>Americans invented anything of note in the culinary sphere.

>Being this unaware of your cunt's complete lack of culture and actually considering yourself in a position to criticise any Old World country for its history.

Being American and a literal child leads to astounding levels of retardation.

Yorkshire puddings have to be roasted in hot-as-fuck fat for them to rise properly. The actual mixture is pretty much an unsweetened Scotch pancake batter; on its own it's pretty unexciting but a well cooked Yorkshire just elevates a roast dinner by giving you a crunchy, fatty accompaniment to your meat, gravy, tats, etc.

Hey guess what friend, the brit bois days are over. USA has craft beer, craft burger, siracha, belmounsee rice, you name it. Keep clinging to your meat pie. And by the way, all those foods you listed are grade A Americana.

>chicken bog
>sloppy joes
>dirty rice
>snickers """"""""salad"""""""
>koolicles
>tater tot casserole
>scrapple

>charging 40% of a Queens just to butter the barm

Galloways a shit. Greenhalges is king

40p for butter? Robbing Northern cunts

British ingredients are top tier, it's just the use of said ingredients which lets the team down. Best sausages, cheese and beef in the world.

The UK has a lot of good spiced buns and fruit loaves/tea cakes. We get Hot Cross Buns around easter and they're magnificent.

Attached: hcb.jpg (3000x2000, 591K)

>this triggers the non-anglo
this breakfast helped us to conquer the world.
our decline in power is directly correlated to the decline in daily consumption of this most holy sacrament.

Attached: 1e7fc4fffbdc88efad615e1048f75c9f.jpg (750x750, 174K)

Ah, nothing like London in the spring!

Scotland is part of Britain my low IQ american friend.

It's weird. Great ideas, like Yorkshire puddings to go with a tradition of roasting a chunk of meat on Sunday, and your average Bong takes his beef well-done, and with a side of overboiled root veg.

Americans are really desensitised to flavour because put corn syrup and Cajun spices on everything.

Yes, the Scots are well known for referring to rolls as Barms...

I can't imagine why a person wouldn't eat this every day given half a chance
>Cajun spices on everything
if only

>tfw getting into drunken arguments with an Irish over whether or not Ireland was part of Britain

Granted, the same Mick didn't believe Japan was much of a threat in WW2, and that the Pacific Theatre didn't happen.

>He doesn't put Tony Chachere's on everything

I bet you don't even own a gun faggot

>Tony Chachere's
clearly not cajun

That is more debateable, technically the island of Ireland is part of the British Isles, although the Irish don't like that that term. Northern Ireland is certainly part of the British State of the United Kingdom, but not part of the geographic island of Great Britain. Scotland is both situated on the island of Great Britain and part of the British state, so on both counts is British. It's only ignorant people who think of exclusively the English when they say 'British'.

>I can't imagine why a person wouldn't eat this every day given half a chance
the people have been led to believe that it's unhealthy.
but look at the current state of our feeble men and our angry women.
it doesn't take a genius to see who is behind this.