*yells order into speaker before employee starts speaking*

*yells order into speaker before employee starts speaking*

Attached: burger king speaker.jpg (390x400, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SsiBHDEFu10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's about establishing dominance first.

*starts saying order without even fully stopping the car yet*

>"does everything look correct on the screen?"
>the screen isn't even on

*raps order*
Big Mac..

uh....
can i have...
... a minute?

youtu.be/SsiBHDEFu10

>roll up to the window
>automated thing the store chain recorded goes “hi would you like to try the ____?”
>say “uhhh no thanks”
>the worker then hears me and say “what? I didn’t say anything.”
>”uhhhh ok gotta go”
>drive out of drive thru lane and never come back to restaurant

This, wageslaves need to know their place.

can someone please explain the significance of this animation?

>Drive up to screen at 65 mph,
>Go past screen have to back up.
>Take out 12" subwoofer and blast it at the screen with order for 5 minutes straight.
>Drive up to first window and throw wad of cash at window.
>Drive up to next window and blare on the horn and yell at the employees for my order.
>Collect order.
>Take off down street at 155 mph.
>Mfw.

Attached: OUCH.jpg (2941x3000, 1.31M)

turn on the closed captioning. The video is saying that McDonald workers are monkeys that don't speak human tongue.

>2am
>totally trashed from a night of drinking and screaming into my mic playing BF4
>hop on bike and ride to Whataburger because they're open 24/7
>cold as fuck outside, or at least it was cold for Texas
>peddle on up to the drive thru because i assumed that the counter wasn't open
>talk box greets me
>can i uhhhh
>"sir are you on a bike"
>i uh...
>"bruh you need to be in a car to use the drive through"
>"also aren't you cold? come inside" can hear him mumble "what the fuck" before turning off the intercom
>horribly embarrassed i just peddle back home in shame

*Barely heard, muffled mumbling into a microphone*

..h..i....we..ome....donalds.....ta....ur...order..

What?

.ca....take.....der..?

WHAT?

I...said...ca...

I CANT HEAR YOU SPEAK LOUDER

Drive through speakers aren't motion sensitive. If you aren't in a car they won't know you are there. They only know if someone is at drive through if the speaker hears the sound of an engine.

>be drunk as fuck
>dont own a car, but the doors of the establishment are already closed
>walk between cars to order from drive-thru

*orders the cheapest thing on the menu*
*pays with a $100 bill that doesn't even have a blue strip*

>what is a camera

Attached: the confusening.png (310x310, 92K)

>orders the most expensive thing
>tries to pay with a check

not every drive through place has outside cameras. not every drive through is equipped with monitors near the registers. A bell sounds in the employee headsets when the speaker picks up the sound of an engine that lasts more than 2-3 seconds.

>order 4 different things each with different instructions for what you want added/removed
>spend 5 minutes at the window checking the food before you drive off

Attached: bill sunglasses.png (400x300, 177K)

There's a sensor under the pavement that detects the metal in the car

you ya know you could just install an incredibly cheap camera so employees have an idea of who is ordering what because it's 2018 and we don't need anything more convoluted than that because cameras are very very cheap

Nigga you could've easily went in and chilled, probably would've gotten some free food and shit. I'm in South Texas so most Whataburger's (fast food workers in general) here don't care after-hours. Also it's fun too watch people get in fights around 2AM.

jeez woman you need to lurk more

you're assuming that an employee is always going to be at a register staring at monitors. Having an audio cue allows employees to be able to take orders while bagging orders . The audio cue lets employees know when a customer is ready to order while the employee is doing something away from the register such as cleaning dining room or getting supplies from the storage area/fridge/freezer.

*quotes old interbutt video*

Attached: 86B22E06-DFCB-4F9B-B668-EFA7CE9572BC.jpg (480x360, 21K)

I worked at a drive thru. I have some stories.

>Be me
>Pretty dead night, nobody's really been going through
>Talking to buddy when headset beeps
>"Hi, what can I get you today?"
>No answer
>Repeat
>Still no answer
>Repeat again
>SILENCE
Fast forward 5 minutes, assume the sensor is fucked and forget about it
>Manager runs in saying we have 10 cars in line
>Suddenly hear honking
>Not consistent honks, just one long ass honk that never ends
>FINALLY person drives up
>"Why didn't anyone take my order?!"
>Check speaker, it works fine
>Still wonder why one wouldn't just drive up if they apparently can't hear the speaker

Attached: 158789844133.jpg (268x228, 28K)

You sound like an absolute moron

Fuck I hate those retarded things. I haven't seen one in at least a year thank God. Whatever braindead piece of trash thought of that deserves to be raped repeatedly.

lol you watch family guy too?

>repeat 3 times
>still no reply
>customer ignores you until they figure out what they want

What fast food place have you ever seen where they don't have at least one person dedicated to drive thu orders? dumb fuck. Also a camera would more efficiently work as a motion sensor to begin with. What about wind and other loud shit? You could still have an alert tone with a video motion sensor.
plus I HAVE SEEN THE FUCKING MONITORS AT MCDONALDS AND OTHER FAST FOOD PLACES
a video feed just makes sense in every way and it's what they use

I don't do that.

Having a dedicated drive through employee doesn't mean they never leave the area. There might be a dedicated order taker during breakfast and lunch rushes , but early morning, afternoon, night shift, and grave yard shifts may have less people (only one person for fryer and grill, only one person for drive through and front). The person taking the order is also the person who has to make the drinks and bag the food.

No way dude, a camera would be too hard, instead we need to install magnets and shit in the ground, a microphone to listen for engine noise and an infrared sensor to look for engine heat, all this gets piped into a server that processes the information using the latest in machine learning software to send a beep to the drive through if it thinks it detects a car.

they make camera's that beep whenever they detect motion in a specific area, they are easy to setup and cheap.

Source: I setup a couple for my houses security system.

>The person taking the order is also the person who has to make the drinks and bag the food.
which is why it might be helpful to know which car you're dealing with ON THE MONITOR YOU"RE LOOKING at

it depends on the restaurant and if it's okay with the regional manager.

don't talk shit about dunkey

>ayyo can I get a fuckin' uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ive always wanted to do that. just dive up, yell "ill have a number 1, thanks" and then pull right up to the window where you pay.

>being this much of a picky fuck
why do people do this? i understand doing that at an actual sit down restaurant but for fast food? at that point, just make your own damn food.

only do this if there's no car behind you. They want to know if you want it as a combo, what size, what kind of side, what kind of drink. If you do this while cars are behind you they have to take your order at the window while holding up the car behind you. The customer behind you gets all upset and demands free stuff.

I do it all the time because I don't like ordering through the stupid speakers, I prefer to order by talking to the person in the window directly so there are no mistakes made. Plus it's a pain in the ass trying to understand those shitty speakers.

If a car pulls up right after you and pulls the same stunt it can complicate things. It's not uncommon for customers to say their order and pull over without employee ever getting a word in. While a customer is talking to you at the window they are being yelled at by a customer through the head set.

it's not just the customer that's yelling at the employee, but also the person in charge wondering why their drive through employee is putting a customer on hold. Kitchen likes to make the order as quick at they can to things going. They like to hear your order through their headset so they can prepare everything as quick as possible.

god damn, that's a blast from the past

sucks to be them, but as the customer I prefer to order face to face and that's what they are going to have to deal with

>order over speaker at BK
>they fucking always forget something, need to go back in anyway

>itt: too fatass and lazy to get out of the car and walk into the fastfood trough to place an order and complain about the process to accomodate their laziness.
Never change Veeky Forums.

>finish work
>want to get dinner for the family
>too tired to walk up to counter and get food
>order food
>something goes wrong with the order I paid good money for
>minimum wage employee tries to guilt trip me into feeling sorry for them when it was their fault they screwed something up

lol @ all the bottom of the tier wage workers who are getting so uppity in this thread. You have literally the lowest job in the US when it comes to respect, people literally make fun of you if they know you work in fast food, it's worse than being a garbage man or even a sewer worker you are at the very bottom of the work force.

t.amerigoblin who cant wait the extra 10 minutes to eat his 5 big macs

This.

I treat fast food workers like they are; scum.

>Your are scum.
>But I am still going to eat the food you serve.
Nigger what?
You look down on people who staff a position that you as a consumer rely on to get your food?
Are you retarded?

Mcworker detected

Get to bed soon, Ill be ordering my mcmuffies bright and early tomorrow ;>)

Attached: 1ECAE82FCB7F4757922B43B820328C8A.jpg (580x563, 236K)

>work a shitass non-union job where I'm too worn out to walk from a parking lot to a counter and back again to obtain my family's daily ration of pig slop
>bitch about the worker serving my pigslop who's worn out from slaving at a non-union job
You have no one to blame but yourself. That worker is in the precise situation you are, cuck.

>Pull up to the speaker
>Immediately greeted by super peppy grill: Hi! Would you like to try a......
>.....
>.....
>Completely different person: Go ahead and order when you're ready
>mfw the fucking recording got me again.

Attached: 1781579.jpg (200x169, 7K)

Awww yes! Now the kids just throw soda on the McWorker. No style.

>just throw soda on the McWorker.

Good.

>employee's speech is incomprehensible
>ask them to repeat it
>"that'll be $10.99 at the window thank you"

Attached: angry paper peach.jpg (183x200, 9K)

>ask him to repeat what he said
>he does
>get mad

Are you a woman?

the incomprehensible speech was the start of the exchange, i hadn't ordered anything yet.

>"welcome to ___ how are you today"
>"good thanks, and you?"
>"great what can I get for you"
But you can hear the absolute lifelessness in their voice
I feel bad every time

956 here. You?

you should cheer them up some more by giving them a nice long chat about how your day is going and what you have been up to and what you are planning on doing for the rest of the week.

>hi what can I get for you today?
>(order food)
>ok and would you like to donate $1 to st judes cancer kids today?
>no thanks (please dont cum in my food)

>*automated message plays that ends with “go ahead with your order”*
>”Yesh, could I gets a-“
>”ONE MOMENT SIR”

DONT HAVE THE AUTOMATED MESSAGE PLAY THEN

What places do this? Don't think I've ever been to a place that played an automated message.

361, Just how Mestizo are you?

The Popeyes on base at Ft Hood

>"Hi, what can I get you"
>A small Original Chicken Sandwich meal, no lettuce, with a Cream Soda no ice, and a side of Buffalo Sauce"
>*Order comes up correct on the screen*
>"Anything else?"
>"No thank you"
>Get food
>Soda has ice
>Can live with the ice I guess more germs won't hurt
>Original Chicken has Lettuce
>Their lettuce tastes funky and smells awful (I hate their lettuce so fucking bad)
>Taints the entire meal

Every FUCKING TIME. It's gotten to the point where I check before I leave the parking lot cause it's wrong literally 75% of the time.

>”Your fork and straw are in the bag”
>they’re not in the bag

Attached: E1EC8084-55DE-4AAD-A1C2-C6BAD983B332.jpg (400x474, 51K)

not when they ddos u

>hi what can I get for you today?
>(order food)
>ok and would you like to donate $1 to st judes cancer kids today?
>please don't cum in my food

>>hi what can I get for you today?
>>(order food)
>>ok and would you like to donate $1 to st judes cancer kids today?
>>only if you cum in my food

>That’ll be $14.99 plus tip

Attached: 1CD67DDC-2084-4D77-A1B8-EDC5B366093F.jpg (598x900, 63K)

Me and some friends skipped class one time in high school, and decided to get high and go to Taco Bell.

We were in the drive thru and had a brilliant idea. We scrawled on a scrap of paper "Speaker is not working right...please yell order VERY loudly so we can hear you. Sorry for the inconvenience!", and taped it to the order speaker.

We ordered and scarfed our food down in the parking lot, and then ran inside, ordered more food, and then sat down near the front and waited.

It only took about 30 seconds before, audible in the entire restaurant...

"KKKKKKKSSSSSSHHHHHHAHHHHHYEAAAAAAAHCAAAANIHAVE*loud static and screeching*ANUMBER4PLEASEKKKKKKSSSSSSHHHHH"

This happened 4 or 5 times before poor LaQuisha at the window screamed back "WHAT THA FUCK IS GOING" while we were dying in our seats

They can't even hack the gibson. Fucking plebs

Why do people keep complaining about retail/food industry workers sounding or looking lifeless? You are not the only customer they are dealing with. They are still people and they get tired repeating the same thing all day and being treated like trash. They are not always going to fake a smile or preppy attitude for everyone for 6-8 hours straight. If you are off-put by a fast food employee not being super happy to see you, why expect them to be super happy after dealing with the 50thcustomer that day?

Former 361, 956, currently Houston here.

What kind of Texan doesn't understand that Whataburger is 24/7?

My hooker is always happy to see me and I know she's already made 50 other guy bust a nut. Checkmate atheists

Lol I always tip 0.

Same guy everytime too

as a sex worker , 50 is a high number. 10 is usually the max per day.

Do you take it in the poop shoot?

unnn *tss* unn unnn
big mac
unnn *tss* unn unn
big mac
i need a double number 7 and hold the lettuce
dont be frontin son no seeds on the bun
we be up in this drive thru order for two
i gots a cravin for a number 9 like my shoe
we need some chicken up in here
in this dizzle
for rizzle my nizzle
extra salt on the frizzle
dr peppa my brotha
anotha for your motha
double double super size
and dont forget the fries

I have a guy who orders every week and never tips, after the first few orders I started messing with his food everytime, usually its just a little snot or spit, but sometimes I go a bit further like rubbing little bits of do shit in.

HEYY....UHH....YEAH ARE YOUR BUNS GLUTEN FREE?

based

>Say my complete order in one sentence
>*uhhhh can you repeat that*
EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

>to repeat an action over and over, expecting a different outcome each time, is surely the definition of madness

WHOPPEERR

>say order clearly and slowly, and in an order I would imagine the worker would most easily enter my request
>almost never get anything in my order wrong

Attached: youbestbejokingnigger.gif (152x219, 15K)

if it's the same guy it's pretty much guaranteed you've tasted his bodily fluids at this point

Thx for writing the lyrics we used to try and imitate it in high school. That was 12yrs ago.

Have you ever been in a drive-thru? There's a line for a reason, dumbass.

This shit right here and it's only this one BK that does it. They forgot something twice in a row and when I called them they didn't answer the phone. The only other BK near me are much further away.

>"would you like to dona..."
>"No."

Attached: donut-demon.png (500x500, 165K)

would rather be homeless/die than work at a Mcdonalds