Using milk on oatmeal

>using milk on oatmeal

for what purpose

Attached: FO59_Oatmeal,Milk,Honey.jpg (500x500, 50K)

it's common to put milk on cereal.
The milk provides essential macro nutrients not found in cereal.

>not eating boiling hot oats

???

Actually I put a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center, dust with cinnamon and serve.

Lemme guess, you're American.

>purpose
It's delicious

good guess, no other country could afford such decadence.

Always ate oatmeal with water. I hate the taste of warm milk unless its soy milk

its creamier and tastes better than water.
please continue using water to make oatmeal if you prefer that bland taste, instead of shitting up our board with your useless threads.

Indeed. A 6’2” 190# America... I don’t eat it everyday, but every few months or when I guests having breakfast... it’s raved about.

>mommy mommy look i'm a big gwon up now! i eat WHEEL cereal!

Attached: 1521601040021.png (1159x665, 231K)

Nutrition, oats are just filler, nutrition is in the milk

It's healthier unless you're a fat prick who has to watch their fat intake

6'3 irishman here, milk is king.

We have a word for you non-milkers: Virgin

I just started lifting and Veeky Forums says I need to eat a fuckton of oatmeal.
I'm not a filthy anglo though so I have no idea how to prepare it.
What do? I hate milk btw.

Attached: 1516913621571.jpg (474x640, 109K)

dumb potatonigger

boil water
put oats in
stop when it's thick

Milk has more estrogen mimickers than soy.

Sounds right. Any tips for making it not taste like shit?

Anyone worried about how much estrogen they consume through their normal intake of food is the only true soyboy.
Grow up and eat whatever the fuck you want you dumb bitch.

sounds like something a soyboy would say

bananas, cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar, etc

I grew up drinking ridiculous amounts of milk because nobody explained to me what it would do.
Now I have terminal mantits like you wouldn't believe.
It probably doesn't do shit to an adult, but c'mon, milk is dangerous

Use water instead and cook according to the directions. Instant oats are fastest but have the worst texture, rolled oats take a few minutes and are palatable to most, and steel-cut oats take the longest but have a little toothsome bite to them. Groats take it a step further.

Whichever type you choose, remember that it's always better with a small pinch of salt. Add cinnamon, fresh fruit or berries, and a 0-calorie sweetener like Stevia (or some honey or molasses if you don't mind the calories).

Honey in oats is a waste of time and money. You won't taste the difference against the blandness of the background. Just use sugar.

Blame the government and drink raw milk

Pretty much the point I was making. Want the information out there so the tards who actually take the meme seriously can have some food for thought.

Thanks lads, appreciate the help.
I don't like cinnamon either, this shit tastes so fucking bad, but I'll follow the rest.

I tend to use maple syrup, but i'm canadian.

With prices here that'd be mad
I can't comprehend sweetening $0.1 of ingredients with like $0.5 of syrup

Here I can get a gallon for like $12

You only live once.

Plain oatmeal with water is like eating prison food. Milk adds flavor and nutrition. Makes it more of a complete breakfast rather than just a big ol' bowl of bland carbs and fiber.

Do you get B grade? It sounds like I would like it better, but I can't really find it

savory oatmeal seems like a meme but it's tasty, mix in an egg if you want, or just add some hot sauce/drop of sesame oil/soy sauce or whatever you like. Ginger/turmeric etc etc

Use Milk -> Oatmeal

Nothing interesting happens.

No, I personally only use Grade A Extra light.

I hate the over-maple flavor you get from darker lower grade stuff, just cloying.

Manchild dairy fairies

I exclusively eat only steel cut, and I cook in water and finish with milk. Lots of cinnamon and raisins also

>soy milk
Yuck, why would you want to add the fake version? Are you lactose intolerant?

are you fat

>hating cinnamon

die

Not really, 155 at 5'8

And you're probably physically active for a whole 10 minutes every 2 weeks.

Same on the steel cut, but I do them cold overnight with yogurt, (almond) milk, a little maple syrup, and whatever spice/fruit I feel like (apple cinnamon raisin, cinnamon banana walnut are the best so far)

>this shit tastes so fucking bad
Stop buying the shit from the supermarket and get some ceylon/saigon cinnamon from the internet, faggo

I can understand why people hate oats if all they ever try is instant. Shits like gluey cardboard. Overnight method is superior, unless you feel like constantly stirring the pot like risotto. Pure milk just doesn't cook well, it's prone to burning and the consistency is too heavy.

I don't like adding milk after I'm done cooking the oatmeal, but I do like cooking it in either milk or chicken broth

there is nothing wrong with quakes

...He's a soyboy for preferring milk instead of water in his oatmeal?

>using milk
>not almond milk
HAHAHAHAHA WOW

Attached: 1521737002499.jpg (600x316, 57K)

>using water
>not using milk or broth/stock
The memes about white people are real?
Damn Veeky Forums

>Blacks eat oatmeal
lmao

To cool it, and to give it a less gelatinous consistency.

you are too lol

>implying you’re not too much of a soy boy to have ever interacted with a black, let alone know what they act like
We eat oats, grits, polenta, etc

Cooking with milk makes it gluey mess.

Boil water
add oats once it's reached a boil, lower heat to medium/low
Cook

Afterwards, add milk.
This gives the best texture and still has nice flavor.

You’re using either too much milk or quick oats. Quick oats get mushy, even in water
Fill a bowl with rolled oats, use enough milk to just cover the oats, microwave for 2 minutes
Or if you’re using a pan, the steps are the same, but don’t let the milk boil over

I don't give a fuck how much milk you use nigger.

Milk will ALWAYS be more thick glomy compared to water

There is no need to cook in milk unless you WANT that.

I just do raw quick oats in cold milk and eat, no soak time required.

Attached: 1519631876297.png (1305x663, 51K)

Obsessed

>Microwaved
Seriously, fuck off with your instant tasteless cardboard. Your opinions have no validity here. You're just heating up something, not really cooking so no wonder you use all milk.

mixed families are not black

>this mad about wanting shitty oats
I bet you don’t even add salt to your oats, pig disgusting

If Obama’s black, then so are all mixed people
One drop rule applies, even today

>obama
>black

>mixed families black or no
ah. trick question here. it depends on if the father is present.

Explain how boiling water on the stove and boiling water in a microwave differ

Its called oatMILK retard, and yes, not everyone is too poor too afford a gallon of milk.

Granularity of control

Also, he didn't say he was boiling the water in the microwave, nigga said he's literally just adding water to oats and throwing them in the microwave. That hardly counts as cooking.

Oatmilk is like almond milk but with oats

In order to protect the mouthfeel of the oats, you need to add them to already boiling water.

Adding oats to cold water and then bringing it up to temp causes the oats to get creamy and mushy.

I just cook 50:50 whole milk:water, that's the texture for me.
Cooking in skimmed milk is probably similar but I don't buy that stuff.

Why does it not count as cooking?
Because there’s less effort involved?
That’s retarded, microwaves are perfectly fine for cooking
There’s technically no difference between heating up something in a pot versus heating something up in a microwave

Granted, there are several things you can do with pots that you can’t with microwaves, but if all you’re doing is heating something up, microwaves are just as effective

If you’re boiling water and putting oats in the boiled water, there’s literally no difference in taste or texture between microwaves and pots
Don’t be a retard user, it’s literally oats and milk/water

Untrue
I dare both of you to try the microwave
It takes less time and if I’m wrong it will be easy to prove me wrong

Milk, oats, microwave on high for 2 minutes

>There’s technically no difference between heating up something in a pot versus heating something up in a microwave
There technically are several, the type of heating is completely different.

>Untrue
Objectively true and I doubt you've ever cooked them that way because you're a lazy microwave using faggot.

$20 says you're talking about quaker instant oats and the other guys are talking about steel-cut oats

Not between the types of heating, but between the water you’re heating

Prove me wrong
I’ve cooked it both ways and there’s no difference except time and efficiency

>Not between the types of heating, but between the water you’re heating
well one method you're heating the oats and water together from room temp.

The other method you're boiling the water, THEN adding oats.

You'll obviously achieve different results.

>soy milk

Attached: 2000%Cuck.jpg (85x125, 3K)

There’s steel cut, rolled, and quick, those are the three most common types of oats
There’s no difference between brands except for the amount of preservatives used
Use Quaker, bobs, or an even fancier hipster brand, who cares

Do you think steel cut and quick are going to be prepared the same way?
Of course not.

You can boil the water in the microwave and then add the oats, if you’re so picky
Sorry I didn’t type that out for you sooner

I’ve already specified the type I used
Try reading
Maybe even just once

Chances are the other guy is using quick because he’s complaining his oats are too gummy with milk

Lol, no you can't at least not to the same degree.

This is what i meant about granularity of control.

On the stove top you boil at high heat, then lower to medium heat when the oats are added so you don't burn them.

In the microwave you simply don't have this level of control, even if you autistically pulse the microwave in short bursts to limit the overall heat.

You can definitely just set it at a lower power level if you want
It’s a microwave
You change everything with the push of a button

But with the microwave, because it takes such a short amount of time to cook, putting the oats in with the liquid is effectively the same as cooking them in your manner

The oats don’t become “gummy”, if they did, that’s because of the starch from the oats and not anything to do with the liquid you use

I’m serious, literally all you have to do is spend 4 minutes in the kitchen

>effectively the same as cooking them in your manner
holy shit, microwave-lets ACTUALLY believe this

Just kill yourself mate, you're never gonna convince me that microwave oats are IDENTICAL to stove-top.

Maybe they're comparable, but you'll never in my life convince me they're the same.

>so you don't burn them
You can't burn your milk in a microwave unless you're doing something very stupid

>not pouring oat milk on your oats
itt: plebians

Did you even read the post or did you zero in on that single line...?
Right before that segment is the key modifier.
>On the stove top

So how exactly did you turn that into burning something in the microwave?

Can YOU read your own post?
You value the granularity of being able to turn your heat down to avoid burning.
Because the microwave distributes heat, there is absolutely no need to turn your heat down to avoid burning.

The major vitamins that oatmeal supplies are all fat soluble, this it is actually necessary to add some kind of fat (butter, milk, or peanut butter) to oatmeal to properly digest it.

That's why I didn't mention burning for the microwave, because it isn't an issue.

The point is you're just zapping them at high heat with zero control in a microwave.
Worse, you have no indication of the consistency until you take it out.

I don’t actually care about convincing you because you know you’re wrong

Like I said, it takes 4 minutes in the kitchen to prove me wrong
But you’re not willing to take it, because you’re scared of getting even more btfo than you already are

>Worse, you have no indication of the consistency until you take it out.
This is valid, but I mean
50g oats + 300g combined liquid at 1100W for two minutes is going to have pretty consistent results. It's just a matter of figuring out the right inputs.

>zapping at high heat
Change that with a button

>can’t tell until you take it out
So take it out
The benefit of microwaves is that you can heat things quickly
There’s very little temperature change
But if you’re so unexperienced in the kitchen that you don’t know how a god damn microwave works, maybe you should just leave

Obongo is a disgusting amerimongrel but he's actually more potato nigger than anything.
>half irish
>quarter arab
>quarter black

Attached: the eternal paddy.jpg (501x684, 77K)

as opposed to what?

why not?

I legitimately enjoy oats with water, maybe some fruit from time to time.

Love it with fruit and peanut butter.