I'm trying to write a poem for my girlfriend. Any general advice? I love her like crazy

I'm trying to write a poem for my girlfriend. Any general advice? I love her like crazy.

I'm considering posting what I wrote but it might seem kind of cringe

Other urls found in this thread:

allpoetry.com/poem/8590383-To-My-Wife-by-Umberto-Saba
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can write her a poem, but it won't be poetry.

Rupi Kaur

2deep

go back to your containment rest of the internet

Romance is dead.

Irony is also dead.

Use meter. It will help it sound nice

Nah fampai. I didn't believe in love until I met her, and neither did she.

It's real.

This crap again

I get that this site is bitter and jaded. I was too

Congratulations man! I've also recently fallen madly in love with a girl, it's such an amazing feeling. I also started writing her a little poem but I realised that there is no way I could put my feelings for her in words. I'd say write what you deeply feel for her, you can't really go wrong with that. Don't overdo it and be a little humorous and lighthearted about it as well. Good luck :)

allpoetry.com/poem/8590383-To-My-Wife-by-Umberto-Saba

tiger

well then take this guy's advice

just sonnet 130 the bitch and leave her if she doesn't get it

he broke out of his cage, FREE

>Romance is dead.
>He doesn't have a waifu

BLEACHED

>Any general advice?
yeah
DON'T DO THIS
it will backfire

if you play a musical instrument turn it into a song instead. you can get away with this if you do it in a reasonably light hearted way. no sincere piano ballads or anything like that

if you don't play a musical instrument buy a cheap acoustic guitar and learn C, Am, F, G7 and how to play along with a loose shuffle or reggae beat and set the poem to that

pic unrelated

I love you bitch
I ain't gonna never stop loving you, bitch

Poetry is gay
So am I

Here you go daddy

Dont do that. The act itself is "kind of cringe."

The worst thing you can do is make a woman feel too valued. If she does not have an affinity for poety, she won't be able to appreciate the gesture and will actually take is as a cue that your soul and your love is ready to be harvested.

Also your not in high school. Dont do some gay shit like send love letters nigga

This. Don't be a dumb nigga. Look her deep in the eye and tell her,"Hey babe. Faggot here. I love you so god damn much. I put you on the highest of shelves. I want to find a new way to say it. So. I will work hard to take you to disney land!" The end. Fuck off asshole. Do something of merit. Wow. You put some words on paper. Wow. You come here looking for help to express love to someone thats only in your life. Pathetic. Absolutely vile and disgusting. Do something for her instead. Go drive around the neighborhood in nothing but a monkey outfit shouting I love her. By god that will reach her way more than your sappy approach op.

If she can't inspire you to figure something out, what are we supposed to do?

Go for it OP. It should probably come naturally.

I wrote a poem as a Christmas gift for a close female friend about her cat. I had never written a poem before. We ended up having sex. I'm starting to like this poetry thing now.

if you can rhyme a bunch of shit with 'ni vous sans moi; ni moi sans vous,' you're literally set. This is exactly obscure enough to appeal to the woman in whom you are interested.

Read canzoniere and vita nuova