I need a book that'll convince me to not suicide

I need a book that'll convince me to not suicide.

inb4 Bible

You’re fucking asking for it dude.
Also the Bible but unironically

Samuel Beckett - Murphy

Sun and Steel

The myth of sisyphus by Camus

Zhuangzi. It worked for me

max stirner - the ego and its own

Gilles Deleuze, Nietzsche and Philosophy

I know it sound out-there, especially if you're not super into philosophy, but it more or less single-handedly banished my depression.

Strongly disrecommend the Camus, it will 100% make you want to kill yourself more, unless you have a fetish for pointless toil.

Hamlet

How did that help you?

It's difficult to summarize non-reductively, but I'll try. The whole book is about the possibility of affirming life and the suffering it causes, but not through "absurdity" or some vulgar positive psychology.

It kindled an unextinguishable sense of purpose in me, a sense of endless, immortal kinship with all that exists. I realized that the universe contains potential for joy and affirmation great enough to redeem and erase any suffering.

Sounds like popular positivist philosophy anyways, but I will give it a try anyways, since I planned too read D&G for a long time.

If it does, it's only because I'm a bad explainer. The difference between the two is isomorphic to the difference between "Things are good" and "becoming is good"

Anyway, you certainly won't regret it. It's also the best introduction to Deleuze imo.

This

And the Magic Montain by Thomas Mann but I guess you won't be able to finish a 1000+ pages long book because you're a pussy, so just kill yourself already.

It's not good enough to justify its length desu. +Mann was a pedo.

Re-read it when you have/after a serious illness.

+ symbolism

Just write it now.

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl.

A lot of people here shit on it, and it's not 'high-literature' in any way. But it's well written, powerful and will help you a lot more than any bullshit philosophical treatise could.

You're in my thoughts OP

fair

Ecclesiastes. Even if you're irreligious.

The Foundation for Exploration

This one helped me.

This will surely kill you. Don't listen to him. Its depressing and the optimism is forced.

>life is so meaningless lol! but be happy u get to push le boulder!

Moby Dick

Ulysses

Say YES, user