Glorious Haggis thread

HAGGIS THREAD

Haggis is one of the tastiest things you can eat, it is fucking beautiful and I feel sorry for anyone who refuses to eat it, or hasn't tried it.

Breakfast, lunch, or dinnner, Haggis covers all meals and will make you into a fucking CHAD. Its a travesty that Haggis is illegal in the US, you don't know what you are missing out on!

Attached: haggis.jpg (1000x1000, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RfxCw7FbZBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

haggis is the best brah

Underrated thread.

Haggis, mashed potato and whisky sauce with some veg.

fucking thissss breh

>Its a travesty that Haggis is illegal in the US

>In 1971 it became illegal to import haggis into the US from the UK due to a ban on food containing sheep lung, which constitutes 10 – 15 percent of the traditional recipe.[25] The ban encompasses all lungs, as fluids such as stomach acid and phlegm may enter the lung during slaughter.[26] The situation was further complicated in 1989 when all UK beef and lamb was banned from importation to the US due to a BSE crisis.[25] In 2010 a spokeswoman for the US Department of Agriculture stated that they were reviewing the ban on beef and lamb products, but that the ban on food containing sheep lung would remain in force.[25]

>As haggis cannot be exported to the United States, it is instead made there, sometimes by Scottish companies. One such uses what is stated to be the same 150 year-old recipe and ingredients as in Scotland, except that sheep lung is not used, and the casing is always artificial.

its not proper CHAD haggis without the lung m8

What the fuck is haggis, sheep entrails? Fucking British food man, why can't they eat like normal people?

>sheep entrails
basically, but it's ground up with spices and oats and barley. It's just a type of sheep sausage

>British
Haggis is distinctly Scottish. Only things I can think of that are British I.e. apply to the whole island are full frys, fish n chips, and various meat based pies(although there's regional variation)

Hotdogs would have much worse things in them than a sheep's pluck.

Tried it, didn't like it. Also conceptually its pretty gross.

Normal people eat offal. There's nothing strange about it, this is just a particularly Scottish combination. My grandmother used to make a rich stew with animal stomach. It was great.

pic looks like one of those cysts that have a partially developed fetus in them with hair and teeth

We don't have haggis but we got Scrapple

Attached: 1371591213278[1].jpg (616x462, 43K)

virgins detected, cant handle the CHAD haggis

>Normal people eat offal
not outside your third world shithole or hipster echo chamber they don't

I'm American, dumbass.

Haggis was one of the best parts of my trip to Scotland
Absolutely based food
Haggis tatties and neeps, and a pint of beer, just perfection

his point stands

based CHAD

>his point stands
Sure, if you consider one of the richest countries on earth a shithole. Or someone from Midwestern working class stock a "hipster." Or you could just be a dumbass.

You can never be CHAD

You can get offal at absolutly every butcher here in germany.

That shit is not food.

Attached: Erina_Nakiri_anime.png (1363x766, 972K)

So that's why I can't find haggis.

Probably why I can't find black pudding at any US grocer either.

If you're eating it for the taste, you're doing it wrong. People ate haggis because they were dirt-fuck peasants who couldn't afford to waste even the garbage parts of their livestock. It isn't some beloved part of their culture, it's the shame of poverty.

I've had two Haggis' in my life, both with very different outcomes

First was this traditional one I had at my aunt's wedding. Big old piece with spuds, was like a big tasty sausage, it was lovely, and a surprise I couldn't wait to try again.

The second time...holy shit...

We were at this Scottish-Irish diner waiting on a boat back to Ireland, there's 7 of us and we're all starving, so we basically get a whole load of platters. Fish, chips, fry up, it was great, except for these travesties that called themselves "Haggis'"

They were tiny for a start, about the size of golf balls, and covered in orange batter. Yeah, battered haggis. I took a bite and promptly discarded the stuff. It was fucking black on the inside, and tasted almost sour, never a good sign for a meat product. This shit was thankfully part of a meat platter with some actually edible stuff, so it wasn't a total loss, but there's no way in hell I'm getting that kind of haggis again

Fucking black and orange battered haggis, it's like a protestant took his appendix, stuffed it with shit, deep fried itand served it to me

Dude, that's like stomach and stuff! So yucky.

More like FAGGIS

I bet your stomach rejects non processed foods

Yanno, pizza was originaly a peasent food, doesent mean its bad, people still eat certain peasent foods because they taste good.

Formed into balls or rounds dipped in gram flour batter it makes amazing pakora.

Non CHADS detected

nice

Haggis is illegal over here? wtf

lewd knife is lewd

The French teacher at my high school visited Scotland in like 2011 and managed to smuggle some authentic haggis back for us

I might like it now but 15-year-old me was not happy

You tried it since?

Attached: 800px-Nicola_Sturgeon[1].jpg (800x1013, 192K)

stir last night's haggis did we? Anyone got the full image with the text?

is this just Goetta but in brick form or what

If you say you wouldn't hit that prime piece of ass you are lying to yourself.

so you would stir last night's haggis?

No, haven't had a chance to

German immigrants adapted a pork mush recipe to use cornmeal instead of oats.

Lol at people saying they wouldn't eat offal but probably love pate on toast.

Attached: 24067909_1638582212831948_5857302347179081396_n.jpg (595x720, 40K)

This

>he said, posting worst girl from an anime where a man beat bacon with a tripe and tongue soup
Its food and its delicious you literal manchild

Reminder that for a bag of chips and an irn bru you could penetrate this Flower of Scotland's anus and stir last night's haggis

Attached: stirred_with_superior_anglo_shaft.jpg (371x371, 47K)

haggis tasted kind of like pate to me

The earliest record of a recipe for haggis, with the name haggis come from England. Haggis is an old English word. Scotland is also part of Britain and therefore Scottish culture also comes under the umbrella term of British.

I read once that the new England settlers of North America primarily ate cod. It was only the poor who ate lobster. Sounds like the same origin of haggis. Used to be poor food, but now just good eating food.

Attached: 220px-Lobster_in_Boston.jpg (220x220, 16K)

what does the filling taste like?

Like a smoked sausage with spices n shieet

This sounds like a black pudding pakora...which can be super nice but... where you get the ferry from Scotland to Ireland has literally no where nice to eat (i.e. its all frozen and heated up) so it's not really a good representation

The exact same thing can be applied to meat loaf in the US

Salmon was a peasant food at some point. Your point being?

I once stuck my penis into a warm Haggis

Scottish pie

Does it have the coppery taste of offal? I've never been able to handle that flavor. Pleb, baby, whatever, I've never liked organ meat.

>What the fuck is haggis

youtube.com/watch?v=RfxCw7FbZBc

>haggis

meme food.

this is the REAL prime scottish meat

Attached: 326742011_0_640x640[1].jpg (640x640, 52K)

for me, it is Balmoral Chicken

Attached: 614693-960x720-balmoral-chicken[1].jpg (960x720, 222K)