Movies that are better than the book

Movies that are better than the book

You missed the joke buddy

This could have been an EPIC thread but it was ruined. Thanks, now I wont link it on r/4chansays

All 3 tbqh

obligatory

Everything by Fleming, King and Palahniuk.

thomas pynchons v for vendetta, directed by the kieslowski sisters

Children of Men

One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Apocalypse now.

(all of them)

And the movie isn't even that great

disagree overall, although hopkins makes a better hannibal

Both are garbage

the book is garbage but if you think the film is bad you are retarded.

Ulysses.
Dracula.
Frankenstein.

my vimeo desu

Jaws
The Godfather
MASH
The French Connection
Being There
The Great Gatsby (DiCaprio version)

>Dracula
only if the movie you mean is pic related

inb4 not a movie

based on pygmalion

guess i'm retarded then :3

Even Palahniuk liked the movie better.

I feel compelled to post this because the movie is the best peice of art ever made, even though I think comparing the movie and book in this case is meaningless and stupid as they were explicitly not even attempting to do the same thing.

The book was written in tandem with the script. The film isn't really based on the book

The comic this is based on is absolute trash

Exactly.

I'll kill you you bald fucker.

The book feels like it was written to be turned into a screenplay.

I respectfully disagree, if only because I love HST's writing voice so much, and some of an author's voice is inevitably lost in the translation to film. Still a fun watch though.

>movies
Pleb shit GTFO

E-explain T_T

t.autist

op meant to reference the book white noise by don delillo while posting a completely different movie
almost no one itt got it and keeps posting adaptations instead. SAD!

The movie was fucking awful. I went to see it in the cinema but I fell asleep when the main character's old crew came back to save him. I briefly woke up to witness the main character flying through space like iron man because he put holes in his suit from which air jetted, and I knew it was perfectly okay to go back to sleep. The movie was beyond retarded.

>One flew over the cuckoo's nest.
Really? I was planning on reading it.

The book was significantly worse

Not that user but the book is fucking amazing. One of my all time favourites and definitely worth reading even if you've seen the film.

for 4 seasons, then it became like a bad fanfiction

White Noise is a book by Don Delillo. The movie White Noise in the OP is in no way related to the book by Don Delillo. It even says on its Wikipedia page "not to be confused with the book of the same name by Don Delillo". OP's joke and the theme of the thread was to post a movie with the same title as a book, which is not related to the book whatsoever.

>a movie
>best piece of art ever made
You can only pick one.

Roadside Picnic is a great book. I just want to say that.

>dude martian lmao

you have to go back >>>/reddit/

Everyone says this but I wonder how many actually read the book

is this even true? i mean i heard the book delves into the philosophical themes a bit more but i never read it

I did, the movie is 100% better. The only thing you could argue is better about the book is Jack Torrance having better character development and going insane gradually instead of always being a crazy asshole like in the film, but the movie is one of the best horror films ever made and is a case of fantastic directing elevating a mediocre/generic story.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

Wow no. The book is better. And I love the movie.

Oh, never heard of either one so I failed to make a connection :/

Fuck you and the horse you came in on.

That was too advanced for me :(

That's funny because book was considered to be unfilmable

The book is still good and worth reading

none, Hollywood. gtfo psueds

Fucking this. Garbage book. Godlike movie.

You could remove those gratuitous sex scenes and nothing would be removed from the film other than your boner.

Watched this last night and loved it. Book worth checking out?

The Shout by some unpronouncable Polak.
The Robert Graves short story ain't half as good.

Barry Lyndon

The more I read about this OP fella, the more I don’t care for him.

I would watch the movie before reading the book. I won't say why, because it contains a massive spoiler.

But the movie is far superior to the book and, in my opinion, the greatest movie of all time.

Eh, I think that lust is a theme. They relate to each other sexually, but otherwise their class distinction keeps them from forming a long-term relationship

>a piece of best
>movie art

you pick can onely