What is Veeky Forums's opinion of this book?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion of this book?

No comment.

The main story is compelling.

The substories start out well enough, but the gradual decline into... gimmickry started to wear out its welcome the last third or so, and I began skipping pages or briefly skim them to get to the Navidson part again. Iirc, the book did have nice conclusion to it, so I re-read some of the things I skipped before finishing with it.

Inifinite Jest for people "too hip" to read Infinite Jest

I actually liked Johnny's story and descent into madness and the question of whether he is real or not is interesting.

teehee! I'm glad you all liked m'book!
did you know that I've done 4 reddit AMAs?
I plan on writing 27 volumes in a series that is already unsuccessful after only three volumes!
Its about Xanther Ibrahim, a 12 year old mixed race girl with epilepsy (her dad designs VIDEO GAMES!!! isn't that cool?), who finds a mysterious cat.. (woah...) I've decided I'm gonna organize the series into SEASONS! (like television! isn't that cool? for the love of fucking god please adapt my work please oh god I will do anything). Other cool characters are Özgür "Oz" Talat, Shnorhk Zildjian, Jingjing, and literally no white people. Isn't that awesome? Sometimes there are pages that are completely empty in my books. Isn't that awesome? I'm the next Marcel Duchamp. I killed David Foster Wallace Did you know I went to Yale? My daddy directed avant-garde films. I have two cats, their names are Archimedes and Meifumado. I once worked as a Barista at Starbucks. Stephen King called my book House of Leaves "The Moby Dick of Horror". Isn't that awesome? Stephen King has definitely read Melville.

>He said, unironically, have never read either.

Fugggg. Im into The Familiar but I cant deny that shit.
>hey guys come join my fb discussion group!
blegh

I started it and I really don't like the writing style so far, it's seems try hard

>reading anything written by a p*lack

How does he leave the house dressed like that?

Probably using the door

This is done on purpose. He's making fun of academia and overly academic writing. It doesn't mean you have to like it, but it is self-aware.

that airport joke being awkward as fuck and that "yeah, I had my heart crushed, so now I'm in love with a hooker" shit are making fun of overly academic writing?

feels like he wrote a compelling horror story, but decided to bog it down with other narratives, (largely) pointless footnotes pedantic literary references that add nothing to the story and other needless wankery. Mark Danielewski is a huge hack, and watching any interview with him makes it painfully obvious.

>who finds a mysterious cat.. (woah...)
lost

Have you read any of his reddit AMAs? Your liver would cringe into itself.

lmao

Some good quites in the back desu senpai

>having*
>do you know where you are?

The gimmick serves the story in a logical way and both Navidson and Johny's stories were independently interesting
If you're gonna read this in public and your page is just block footnotes arranged in a spiral then you'll look like a huge pseud tho

After reading it I had a story in my head about a NEET in Guangzhou who gets increasingly depressed as winter sets in and the smog from the city builds up making the pages increasingly illegible until one of his cigarettes eventually sets fire to his apartment snapping his perception back into clarity but also literally filling his world with smoke
thanks for reading my blog

Movie theater grade projection

>I killed DFW
LOST

I really, really like this pasta. Mind I save it?

OPEN VAGENE PLZ MOMMEY