Can you guys recommend me some similar coming of age novels or novels that deal with similar themes? Thanks

Can you guys recommend me some similar coming of age novels or novels that deal with similar themes? Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

duden.de/rechtschreibung/Leitmotiv
goodreads.com/list/tag/gay
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sons and Lovers
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
This Side of Paradise
This Boy's Life

The Bildungsroman was Hesse's leitmotiv, so if you haven't read Siddhartha, Steppenwolf, Narcissus and Goldmund, or the Glass Bead Game, I'd start there.

In the German authors that did the coming of age stories, I think the best of them all is The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann, however.

And these

Thanks.

Also, any recommendations that deal with the master/student dynamic?

Confusions of Young Torless

>master student dynamic
The Once and Future King

The Name of the Rose

Plato’s dialogues

Kokoro
Letters to a young poet (kinda)

Look Homeward Angel

A literary form can't be called a leitmotif. Stop using words you don't understand, brianlet. Also Siddhartha is shit.

>brianlet

Which out of those got at the beyond good and evil abraxas nuance to coming of age?
>which one is edgiest
>please pick one for me master

Tough call between Joyce and Lawrence as to who was edgier....
I think I have to go with Joyce but it’s close.

ayy thats the cover I got

what is the phonetic pronunciation of 'demian' in Deutsch ?

>A literary form can't be called a leitmotif
considering I'm using a german word, here is a definition for you
duden.de/rechtschreibung/Leitmotiv
>häufig wiederkehrendes charakteristisches Motiv mit fester Zuordnung zu einer bestimmten (auftretenden oder vorgestellten) Person, Situation, Stimmung usw.
If you need to use google translate for that, congratulations, you're the brianlet here

>siddhartha is shit
this Veeky Forums meme needs to die, Hesse's prose is great- the story is derivative, but as far as a light, easy read, it's great.

deh-me-ahn

i'm to much of a brainlet
do you know the IPA
pls no bully

goethe's sorrows of young werther is a seminal novel in that category.

>considering I'm using a german word
Die Semantik und Konnotation von "Leitmotiv" sind genau gleich im Deutschen und Englischen, du pseudointellektueller Fickfehler. Motiv ist ein inhaltlicher Bestandsteil von literarischen Werken, Genrezugehörigkeit ist deren allgemeine Charakteristik. Das ist auch von Duden explizit mit Beispielen für Oligophrenen wie du erklärt. Du muss es nur noch eigentlich lesen und wahrnehmen anstatt deine geistige Behinderung durch Grüntext aufzeigen.

goodreads.com/list/tag/gay

>Not knowing a dead language makes you a brainlet
Tell yourself whatever you need to, Heinrich

['de:mJan]

The "i" in Demian is probably the near-close near-front unrounded vowel...

>contradicting yourself this hard

Hirnlein RAUS

What? I specified it because the symbol of the near-close near-front unrounded vowel was changed to "J" upon posting.