Thoughts?

thoughts?

Attached: mochi.png (700x484, 670K)

Whoever invented it did not give a single thought to texture. The whole thing is just mushy and chewy in an unappealing way and the rice shell sticks to your teeth. The filling tastes like shit but, even if the taste of shit happens to be your fetish, the differential dissolution rates of the filling and the shell means that you are left with a flavourless mouthful of sticky rice to finish.

Overall, the worst possible dessert imaginable.

Love the stuff, but there's not enough mochi in your pic. Also, "mochi ice cream" isn't mochi.

haha faggot

I like mochi but hate red bean paste so I'm torn

>"mochi ice cream" isn't mochi

How so

It's mostly ice cream with a tiny layer of shitty mochi that's been frozen around it, completely ruining the texture. But mostly because retards these days think that "mochi" is literally just an abbreviation for mochi ice cream, and having grown up in a place where people made fresh mochi on occasion it's annoying.

Maybe but there's nothing inherent about putting ice cream in mochi that makes it not mochi so your statement is kind of dumb and makes you sound like a pretentious idiot.

It's that it's factory quality and not only frozen, but meant to be eaten that way. I'm not saying I don't like it okay, but it's nothing like when the teachers used to bring in the homemade stuff on boys and girls day.

Love it.
They make green tea flavored ones too.

Mochi covered ice cream is fucking awesome.

I approve.

pandan coconut masterrace

I have a fucking mochi maker you guys. Dreams can come true!

The inferior sticky rice weeb snack

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNgfn99CWIvTCiuf0wmBQnHTyDwBbX0_5OBfZoFBHgH10S6sie.jpg (275x184, 10K)

It's ok, my actually retarded aunt bought some when she was visit ing last. Kinda hurt my teeth to just bite into ice cream like that

Fowded one mirrion times

And yours is the inferior sticky rice gook snack.

Attached: tangyuan.jpg (963x683, 173K)

Found the xenophobe.

I like anko

Found the nigger fagit from /int/

Attached: 1521136705733.jpg (600x530, 133K)

>amerilards

Bubbie's is pretty good if you're ever in hawaii

It's delicious, but they use wheat flour on the outsides, and that triggers my giblets.
I wish they used rice flour on the outside.

Seconded. This is the worst dessert i've ever eaten. I'd sooner eat playdough.

Fucking awesome
What a shit taste.

They closed the Honolulu shop, then Keith sold the company to a Mainland Company...

I like butter mochi better.

All I've eaten is packaged mochi and it made my whole mouth feel grainy and it tasted like ass.

Nothing too great about it. Pretty weak flavor that weebs pretend is the greatest thing ever. It does go well with ice cream though. Like eating chewy ice cream.

never had mochi
what is it like??

Chinese here. As great as our cooking is, our desserts suck nigger cocks.

Fucking rice porridge + shitload of sugar = dessert served at fancy Chinese restaurants? It's just fucking lazy & unimaginative.

No flavor on it's own, it's more of a texture thing. It's chewy, stretchy, and ever slightly gummy. I have enjoyed mochi ice cream and teeny tiny squares but I'm not a die hard daifuku lover.

Attached: mochi-ice-cream-033.jpg (620x604, 374K)

Mochi icecream is good but otherwise the nips are horrible at desserts.

T. Weeb

Really nice.

Had put these in the fridge. And the chilled texture made the back of my throat feel much better.

It was like eating a soft and cool rice ball.

I've never had good mochi. I've tried it a few times and a lot of different flavors, it's just not good.
Red Bean Paste, Peanutbutter, Sesame, Taro, Green Tea, etc. They are all garbage.

since when was sweetened congee a desert

I've had these before. They were delicious. Anybody got a recipe?

I'm not like a diehard fan, but I do occasionally buy some. I like the gummy texture a lot actually, and I'm a huge red bean fan so I fuck with it. For the people complaining about the texture, try the sesame coated ones, they add some crunch and a pleasant nuttiness.

Also the fruit ones are dope

Gummy as fuck, amd only weeaboos pretend to like it.

Attached: 1519868762279.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

I guess you have to have grown up with red bean paste to not think that mochi would be so much better if you just put good strawberry jam in the middle instead.