Completely lost interest in becoming a well-known contemporary writer

>completely lost interest in becoming a well-known contemporary writer
>instincts are encouraging me to become like Pessoa and just batten down the hatches and write a ton of stuff to be discovered after I'm dead
>realize that in a media-saturated culture nobody will care even if they do find a ton of writing after I die

What's the solution here Veeky Forums? I genuinely don't see a way out of this.

There is none. Media-saturation is here and won't go away. If you write only for (posthumous) fame, quit.

With conundrums like this one you show a wretched heart of anguish that will no doubt draw the attention of any sensitive individual with the depth of your suffering and the profundity of the workings of your mind. Post more.

>"I don't know what to have for breakfast, cereal or toast..."
>"I've deleted Facebook. It's just too superficial."
>"Why are superhero movies so popular and I'm not?"

It's not even fame I care about, more the potential for my work to reach a small audience of like-minded individuals. The energy and willingness to advertise the Self (TM) required to write a popular novel is just beyond me.

Why the aggression dude? I'm just asking a question. Plus I'm on facebook already.

You mistake snideness for aggression. The snideness is on account of the commonness of threads like these -- young, apparently fairly whiny, guys complaining they aren't appreciated, and asking for advice on how they can become appreciated. It's ugly. If you had anything worth listening to you wouldn't need to ask advice on such a trivial matter. It shows a stupidity, imo, which is probably why no one appreciates you -- there is nothing to appreciate.

I'm not complaining about not being "appreciated", since there's currently nothing out there by my to appreciate. I just don't know if I want to be a "writer" in the common sense like I did before.

The OP says you've lost interest in becoming a well-known contemporary writer but doesn't say why. It says your instincts are to become like Pessoa but in a media-saturated world no one will even care Substitute the word "appreciate" for "care" in my previous post to translate it into your spasticated ramblings. Do you have anything worth caring about? This thread suggests not.

>I'm not complaining about not being "appreciated"

In an indirect way that is clearly what you're doing. CUNT may be acting like a cunt but that's only because you seem like a bit of a fuckin cunt. If you get my drift.

Hello I am crab and this is my bucket. Feel free to stay, no really do. I am no good and neither are you.

What I mean is that I've wanted to become a "writer" as I have so far understood it, meaning publishing several books, being interviewed and generally trying to reach as wide an audience as possible. I even considered doing an MFA after I graduate or something but I've recently lost all interest in taht.

>The energy and willingness to advertise the Self (TM) required to write a popular novel is just beyond me.

Because you have a stick up your ass and care more about your imaginary tortured artist persona than the work itself. People with a real passion for what they create don't just hide under their covers because its hard and its reflected in their work itself

I have heard this phrase and phrases like it repeated to me numerous times -- often by men in cloaked garb or high ranking army or political officials. I take it is some secret nod and wink to test whether I am part of the secret society to which you belong -- like the handshake in Freemasonry? I don't belong but I am interested in learning more. Maybe you could take me along to a meeting?

PROTIP: Taking shots at a dork for making new threads on a slow board just to gaudily navel-gaze blog post about his own indecision isn't a "crabs in a bucket" scenario.

Oh, a fine question friend. But trust me, these grapes are sour, sour indeed. So sour they are, no fox them would eat.

Fable BTFO

SnapSnap! SnapSnap! Clickering, clackering, chattering crabs!

>responds like an autistic bard

Okay.

I do have sour grapes, it's true. I do not deny it. I have, however, fermented them into a fine wine, as have you, I notice. Is that a prerequisite of joining the secret society to which you belong -- an exquisite bitterness? I promise you, I wouldn't waste the fine wine of my sour gapes on the whining of OP, and after my initiation I'll show you the vintage stuff.

Theiresias killed two snakes, became woman and man. I talked to two idiots and as an idiot I stand.

Hickory Dickory Dock
Your Mom was suckin' my cock
The clock struck two
I dropped my goo
I dumped the bitch off on the next block

OOOOOOOOHHH

Vitis vinifera makes for fine drink in theory, but pleasant vinum, to answer your query, mustn't be sour but light and sweet, so lighten up friend and stop suckling Xanthippes teat.

I am no wine connoisseur, I confess, but it is a mater of taste, no? I enjoy the bitterest of tastes, and I must drink every drop to its dregs. I often surprise people when they ask if I would like a cup of tea as I, somewhat unusually, take it without milk. Black tea without milk, the tea bag left in, is an incredibly bitter taste -- too bitter for some but the right amount of bitter for me. I take it, then, your secret society do not indulge the exquisite bitterness, and worse, you are, in fact, the opposite -- an acolyte of the dread cult of saccharine cheerfulness and positive vibes. I sincerely recommend you take your fruity parables and you cram them up your cramhole.

>Theiresias killed two snakes
>stop suckling Xanthippes teat.
this guy was either bullied too much or not enough. i can't tell.

Say that to my face irl and see what happens. I'll give you a spoiler: I am Sparta, you're Athens.

Cunt is my new favorite poster, and exactly correct about OP's misguided search for fame and identity.

OP, do what you feel. It is obvious you haven't even begun to develop as a writer or you wouldn't be hung on this dumb concern with the appearance of success.

I see your point but you must understand, we wouldn't be talking, if my holes were not fully crammed. My ears, eyes, mouth and arse are fuller than full and else I wouldn't spend time in a place so horribly dull.

That is a great lesson. Thank you. I am going to try and take that as advice even if it wasn't directly towards me.