Hey Veeky Forums, what's the greatest effect a book has ever had on you...

Hey Veeky Forums, what's the greatest effect a book has ever had on you? "The Ego and It's Own" by Max Stirner ruined my life. I first chose it at random out of the University library that my mother worked at about 9 years ago as a precocious 17-year old, and while I hardly understood the detailed explanation of Stirner's whole philosophy I was thunderstruck by the one realization that I did come away with by reading it, namely that one had to transcend all ideological barriers and societal/cultural expectations and demands in order to achieve freedom. After reading it I immediately denounced all idealogical demands. I stopped going to school. I stopped having a sleeping schedule. I rarely bathed. I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. My diet was unpredictable and uncommon, having transcended ideological restraints in this area; for breakfast I once ate seven bananas dipped in whiskey. I mainly communicated via written notes and angry grunting sounds. I didn't leave the house at all except to take out the garbage. I had no friends. No girlfriend. No religion. No national bias. My mom only tended to my needs due to her being an animal-like being whose natural maternal instincts have not been eradicated (as my own familial instincts had been). I spent most of each day in a semi-conscious state in bed, pierced occasionally by some sharp insight about existence which forced me to closed my eyes and wait for my spleen to pass. I barely got dressed in the summer months. I spent much of my time daydreaming about serving in the Nazi high command and directing their invasion of Europe and elsewhere. I woke mostly at night. My fatigue was so overwhelming at times that in order to navigate the house I would simply crawl or drag my lower body from room to room. At my utmost I weighed 278 pounds. I was beyond alive. I met all the criteria required of Nietzsche's proposed Ubermensch. There was nothing in the external world capable of shifting my ideological position, which itself was founded on ironic nothingness. Eventually I ended up having a delirious amnesia-inducing mental breakdown and woke up in a mental hospital where I was slowly nursed back to health. I now live a quiet life full of reading and regret in a cabin by the shore where a housekeeper takes care of me. I am only 26 years old but most people take me for over forty.

Those trip dubs are impressive but could you please refrain from posting gore on a blue board? Better yet stop being a sociopath and posting gore in general. Thank you.

Bypass the categorical imperative at your own peril.

You see worse gore than that in a Jackie Chan movie.

You really didn't need to add the sociopath bit. You made your point, now you're just being rude.

wow I never realized eric is literally missing the top of his head

>rarely bathed
Post discarded, no stinky boys allowed

the ego and its own ruined my board.

are they ok?!?

those are actual dead bodies, people who just murdered a bunch of innocents. I know the rest of Veeky Forums is evil but that's in poor taste and an indication of desensitization to violence. Faggot

>I once ate seven bananas dipped in whiskey. I
I think you read the Sterner cookbook by mistake.

>he hasn't moved Beyond Good and Evil

You sound like a fag and this is weak pasta material.

Jackie Chan is a national treasure even if he is a dirty shill for the CCP.

say goodbye to life OP,
you're destined to fail.

>t. bug who has no right to read N LARP'ing as if he's transcended morality when he would ball like an infant if his dog or gf died
fuck off fake nihilist faggot scum unter

It's an aesthetic statement, almost an art piece, try and pick something up pleb

>being enlightened means being a sociopath
The lengths to which defective socios go to convince themselves they aren’t emotionless, soulless insects in human form is astonishing. Sociopaths are autists with better social skills, yet autists are far superior since they can experience deep human emotion.

being an ubermensch means feeling nothing for insects when they burn up in your lamp

The entire ubermensch concept is nothing more than Freddy beating his dick to an imaginary Chad-Superman fusion that lays waste to towns with his gaze and fucks every frau in the reich. The intellectual equivalent of idolizing the dark and badass shounen anime villain

Violence is the most basic primordial desire that animates man, preceding and even supplanting sex and the desire to seek sustenance. How can one be desensitized to it?

The Übermensch is not the blond beast you fuck

>implying the ubermensch and the blond beast aren’t two sides of the same coin in practice

>Violence is the most basic primordial desire that animates man
no that would be the desire to survive and reproduce liar
>preceding and even supplanting sex and the desire to seek sustenance
lying
>How can one be desensitized to it?
by being desensitized to it liar

Wrong, violence supplants sex.

>completely misunderstands Stirner's book
>blames an inanimate object for the damage he inflicted on himself

Very spooky story, maybe try to get it published in a horror anthology. Did you even read the section on "freedom"?

ENEMY FLAG DROPPED

for you

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet

i remember these fucking shoes desu

it doesn't matter what you LARPers think, its a blue board you monkeys

But what really is a 'blue board'?

Are pools of blood not safe for work?

This

>morbid curiosity makes you a sociopath
>c-can you please not post icky things on MY board

Yeah, I don't think that's what the book endeavored to impart on you. lol.

Wrong. Learn some basic biology and sociology.

How is it incorrect? What do you think is the most basic primordial desire of man?
Headhunting and collecting human bones and flesh is one of the oldest activities known to man.

>freedom
>a worthy goal
Op, pls

>wahhh dont show me scary pictures they hurt my feeeeelings!!

Go read The Game by Neil Strauss (it's a little dated but the best place to start) and start weight training, head on over to Veeky Forums

fugging spooked eric

Just a scratch

Pussies like you with weak stomachs need to be weeded out.