When lab grown meat becomes the only meat available, are vegetarians still gonna vegetarian?

When lab grown meat becomes the only meat available, are vegetarians still gonna vegetarian?

Attached: banner-homepage2-1024x327.jpg (830x415, 33K)

They'll probably find some other cause to whine about to make themselves feel special.

Depends on why they are vegetarian.

Attached: When-You-Surprise-an-Animal-They-Look-Like-This-19.jpg (625x835, 119K)

No, they will bitch that cattle breeds and stuff are going extinct because lab meat...

Every vegetarian is that way because they "care about animals" , at least a little bit.

No, vegetarians will eat the lab meat.
Vegans, however, are going to stay vegan, because it's a way to show ideological cleanliness.

Yes. I don't like meat.

Meat apparently makes you malodorous, so some will definitely stay as plant-eaters.

IF lab grown meat becomes the only meat available, i'll become vegetarian

yes because everything is animal abuse

>are vegetarians still gonna vegetarian?
Probably not. Most vegetarians are half assing it eating all of that fake meat shit telling themselves they're doing something healthy but they know it's just that they're too weak willed and pumped up full of soy to take a real chance and cut all that shit out.

Once you give them an inch with this kind of thing they'll drop their bullshit and take a mile.

Some people just can't eat meat, it's retarded and they should probably not be in the gene pool.. but yeah.

>Meat apparently makes you malodorous
fucking kek. I can just picture the whole situation, you're a fatass who never showers, >get told about the reality of your disgusting body odor by some vegan 2/10 sjw nerd chick
>"eating meat was the problem this whole time, if I become vegan surely girls will like me ! Excelsior"

kek this

I’m vegetarian for purely environmental reasons

If you can be a vegetarian without becoming a hulking lardass or a vitamin deprived twig, you've earned the right to be insufferable.

>Some people just can't eat meat, it's retarded and they should probably not be in the gene pool.
There is a bug (a tick maybe, I forget exactly), that can make you allergic to meat. So it isn't always weak genes.

>eating lab grown meat at version any version before v5.0

lol if you fuck up that bad bpaboi

True, it's called the Lone Star Tick. Sounds like a fucking nightmare animal honestly.

Who would willingly eat that shit?

I'd probably try it.
I'm not veggie because I don't like meat.

I'd rather eat lab grown meat than meat from an animal that was raised in a tiny cage. But I'd also like to eat meat from an animal who was shot and killed by a hunter too who was just knocking about in the woods

The Japanese make a steak out of human shit.

As a vegan, this is true.

based nips

Vegetarians generally don't eat meat for health reasons so they will still avoid meat even from a grow tank. Vegans however are psychotic and will be pissy about the fact that the test tube meat still used meat to get started so it's evil, they however will be fewer in number.

>Lone Star Tick
man if you're a keto fag this is the worst thing imaginable.

Vegetarian here, I will absolutely eat lab grown meat if it takes over

I'm a carnivore and I will be going vegan when lab meat becomes the only option.

Insufferable faggot.

What the actual fuck

Is this an escaped bioweapon or some shit?

I think a lot of them will go back to eating meat. It's difficult to keep up a moral protest when nobody is acknowledging you and the value of that protest seems to be diminishing rapidly.

Like half the vegetarians in my social group end up gorging on bacon when drunk anyway.

Im vegetarian because i think vegetables taste better than meat, i dont give a fuck about animals.

Attached: image-7.jpg (1125x820, 159K)

I think vegetables taste better than meat but I still eat meat

I am not gonna eat some lab grown cancer cells, I would rather go vegetarian.

Yes, meat will still be yucky

That's a better reason than most but it's still shit

I often prefer vegetables to meat, but that doesn't mean I'm going to actively avoid meat when I'm in the mood for it.

when that happens, the reason for being a vegetarian changes

people who were vegetarians exclusively for reasons of animal cruelty probably start eating meat

people who ate meat but don't like the idea of lab grown meat probably start going vegetarian

people who are vegetarian for health beliefs probably stay veg.

I'm veggie and no I would not eat it because I don't like the way meat tastes, I'm fine with the meat alternatives we have now

What is the fiber structure of lab grown meat?

From a reliable source it said that you can still eat mammals that are primates. So human, gorilla, bonobo, chimpanzee are still on the table.

We'd probably get a lot of people that abstain from eating grown human meat.

A very small amount of them carry the disease. Learn how to not get bit by ticks and you'll probably be good

>When lab grown meat becomes the only meat available.
Imagine being such an I fucking love science retard that you think that lab grown meat is the future of animal consumption.
>Mfw.

Attached: SHIGGY.png (500x375, 251K)

Attached: 1488489701883.jpg (427x300, 34K)

Lab meat is not ORGANIC

As a vegan I think I might but desu I don't miss meat so it won't be a game changer

Some people are vegetarians for health reasons. Assuming the lab meat is identical to real meat, they would still have the same problem and still be vegetarian.

Keep in mind veggie that right now lab grown meats means they cut off parts of an animal and let it grow in a petri dish.

some of us don't like how it tastes

I think not liking how something tastes is just a matter of how it's been cooked

I used to think I hated steak and roasts, but it turns out my parents just sucked at cooking

Most vegetarians give up after a year or so, so even if there is a tiny minority of people who don't like the taste of meat, I seriously doubt that they will hate the taste of all meat

Saying so crudely will cause confusing
They take small samples from living animals, less of a dissection and more of a reverse innoculation

If there weren't any vegetarians left, what would carnists have to feel smug about?

can you mod lab meat?

Some companies will give you a customization option, but the meat'll become expensive.

You're wrong about that lab meat

Personally, I have no ideea

I lost the taste for meat and whenever I accidentally have some I immediately notice the flavour and its not good

I still enjoy the smells of barbeque and stuff

Not true. While I was a distance runner I was a vegetarian for 4 years. There are a lot of heart benefits to being veggie and a lot of runners do this diet for that reason. Fuck off with your generalizations.

Yup. Because of the chemicals.

No, i think I would eat meat then and now

it originated from a region near a known biotesting site so probably

Yes, I've seen multiple vegans and vegetarians say they'll gladly start eating meat again when this stuff is available because they only turned vegan/vegetarian for moral reasons. There won't be much of a moral reason to not eat this stuff since it'll basically be grown just like a plant.

You'll probably still have some who won't eat it though. They'll say it's outdated food or something, or that it still makes their stomachs feel like graveyard or whatever. But it'll be an even smaller percentage of the population than it is now. A bigger problem will be people who won't eat it because it's "unnatural" and don't realize that the meat most people it in stores is already "unnatural" because of CAFO, antibiotics, etc.

I'll definitely eat it when it's available though as long as it's affordable. Even if it doesn't taste quite as good, as long as the nutrition is the same, I can work with it. My only issue is that I think they can't figure out how to produce the iron and fat in it yet, so they're saying it's just better that way, which isn't true. Some people need the iron. The same thing is happening with lab milk, they can't produce the lactose so they're saying it's just better that way, but lactose does have some health benefits for people who can digest it. If it's 100% nutritionally the same (or at least how they're supposed to be without removing/leaving anything out) then I'll switch, but until then I won't.

why don't we just farm bugs instead?
>protein to fat ratio inverse to cows
>they breed quickly and in large numbers
>easier to feed, kill, ship
>a literal superfood
oh right they look icky

My vegan friend says that she'd 100% eat lab grown meat. I'd eat lab grown meat. Hell, I want lab grown mammoth.

No they won't eat due to global warming or being unnatural or some shit.

who knows, vegetarians are just childish picky eaters, they don't abide by logic

I don't eat meat because I'm not a child obsessed with the flintstones cartoon

humans are omnivores, you're just wired improperly.

Attached: Al9iI0x.gif (480x372, 2.74M)

>oh right they look icky
Wouldn't it be impossible to check all the bugs that would be necessary for that for parasites and stuff? It's not a perfect solution, and it still has the problem for some people of needing to kill for food.

Was that seriously your argument?

>not being vegetarian for Hitler

the allergy is only to mammalian meat and it's super rare for that to happen

So yeah, what user said.

the more important question is, when lab meats become available will human meat be on the market? will different races of human be marketed like different breeds of cow? will we cross meat and fruit to make raspberry flavoured burgers??????

I would gladly introduce lab grown meat in my diet if there no negative health effects currently found in regular meats right now, including high saturated fats and increased risk of cancer.

Right now the only animal products I consume is processed tuna/fish, egg whites, cheese (mainly fat-free), greek yogurt, and whey protein on occasion. I'll eat grilled poultry if it's the only thing I can eat if I'm with my family but other than that, my diet is mostly vegetables and fruits.