ITT: Appliances you look down on people for using

ITT: Appliances you look down on people for using

Attached: 555.jpg (450x450, 18K)

Cast iron.

/thread

Slow cookers.

Asians use them every day for decades so they don't need babysit a stove for the better part of an hour. What's the problem, besides the arsenic in the rice?

What if something requires that much thermal mass?

>appliance

Anyways...
Yeah, those mini chainsaws for carving meat, get a fucking knife, asshole, I don't need frayed slices.

When is sustained heat not as good as thermal mass?

>non-locking lid

You are correct to disparage these fools.

Oven spring requires you to front-load heat in a way that won't dissipate while you're transferring dough into the cooking vessel

You have to be a gaping asshole to own one, but people are generally gaping assholes. I don't care.

Slow cookers instead of a dutch oven.
Stand mixers for anything.

Are you implying rice cookers are bad or the cheap $10 walmart one in your picture is bad?

slow/rice cookers are great for preparing black garlic tho

I'm fine with looking down on people for shit-tier rice cookers, but if you think the jap rice cookers are worthy of disdain you are retarded

>stand mixers for anything

Literally why? Stand mixers are one of the best and most versatile appliances any household that cooks could have.

>implying he's ever experienced a fuzzy logic rice cooker

Garlic presses

Stove tops with more than TWO burners

Attached: file.png (580x425, 149K)

woks

how does it feel to live in someone's closet?

this. fuck fridges.

I like this brand because it has the same name as a JAV studio

Attached: 50045261_493701 (ZoomImage).jpg (1200x1200, 144K)

Attached: CtzLpvlXEAAX_8E.jpg (1151x1145, 184K)

you posted the #1 thing.
and people unironically actually defend rice cookers.

you don't need to babysit when cooking rice in a kettle/pot/saucepan or whatever else you can think of.

mine cooks rice just as good as when i do it myself by bringing to a boil, then simmer 5 minutes and then simmer on very low for another 8 minutes and then remove the lid and put a cloth on top of the pot while turning off the heat and letting it sit for 10 minutes.

why would i need to do all that when i can get amazing rice just as easily with a rice cooker?

>wifi in every fucking household item

Who thinks this is a good idea?

Literally one of my most heavily used appliances, makes perfect rice every time, steams shit (I make mantou and baozi a lot), can make those big fluffy pancakes that jiggle, congee, it's the best.

IoT baby. All your consumer products now come malware-ready.

this. Also freezers, only faggots use freezers and fridges.

pressure cookers

>put on table
>fill with broth
>leave lid off
>turn it on
>acquire hot pot

Attached: garlic-crusher.jpg (1000x1000, 58K)

I hate washing those things so damn much. I feel no remorse purging them from my home.

Not really an appliance but yeah garlic presses are shite

Because you're all fucking retarded. Every Asian family owns one because they eat rice about 360 days a year, sometimes more than once in a day. How often do you eat rice?

Post icebox

This fucking thing. My roommate bought it to eat "healthy."

The next week she bought an air fryer. Can't decide what I hate more.

Attached: 51U59UGZTQL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 23K)

It's pretty versatile, considering it's a standalone device that can saute, steam, pressure cook, slow cook, prepare rice, etc.

I use it for the pressure cooker function and as a rice cooker because my stovetop and oven do everything else better, but it does those things well.

never heard of black garlic.
just googled it...
how do you make it? what does it tastes like? What do you use it for?

I don't see how this is bad.
what if you want to play minecraft, while cooking?
this fridge is great.

really think about getting one...
but I heard the cheap ones burn the rice...
whats a good one? is there a difference?

what if you googled a recipe

ok, sorry.

how the fuck do you make black garlic in a rice cooker?

google says it needs 60 - 90 days at 60 - 77ºC
yeah, sure, i just put this in my rice cooker for the next 90 days...wtf?!

These are my three: slow cooker, microwave and garlic press. A trinity of sins that cannot be forgiven.

Black garlic's taste reminds me a bit of like prunes, but much smoother, and without the sweetness or tartness. It's a seasoning, like for ramen. Supposed to be healthy.

I seriously hope none of you need one of these to open a jar.

Attached: lid-opener.jpg (355x355, 17K)

I'd look down on people too if they used that kind of rice cooker.
Now this right here is the only rice cooker you should ever use.
t. chink

Attached: Kitchen-Products_Rice-Cookers_JNP_1000-transparent-300x300.png (300x300, 84K)

The fuck is wrong with a rice cooker? I use one all the time, it comes out fine.

Attached: 1516774746802.jpg (630x384, 111K)

It's a slow cooker and a pressure cooker rolled into one. What's to hate about it?

They're not hard to clean if you get one that doesn't suck.

Your roommate's a dipshit. And if you hate one of the most game-changing kitchen devices of the last 20 years, well, I guess you're a dipshit too.

Wew lad

To be fair, some lids I've come across are god awful tight that not even whacking on the counter help loosen. You shouldn't need a fucking impact wrench to open a jar.

One less pot on the stove when cooking.

I guess i look down on you for looking down on me. Now its two idiots looking down at the floor instead of cooking.

>ITT: People look down on others for using appliances created for a purpose.
'Kay. Even microwaves have a use. Literally corn in a microwave for a minute and 10 seconds wrapped in a damp paper towel is how God intended.

It can be replaced with a big bowl and a spatula in every case. 400+ bucks vs 10

A bit of hot water should do the trick.

>a bowl and a spatula can replace a stand mixer in every case

So, you don't cook and have no idea what you're talking about?

>giving chinks easy access to bombs-in-waiting

No, he's right, unless you're limp wristed. The possible exception is kneading dough, which is a bit more effort done manually but worth it for the pleasure.

>hurr, you're just weak

Have fun making fucking whipped cream with a spatula.

>stand mixer

Are you literally retarded?

Also meringue. Stand mixers are invaluable if you do actual baking and not just casual cooking once or twice a week.

Do I NEED one? No.
Does it make things easier? Yes. And it means my mother isn't asking me to open her jars all the time.

>also meringue

Stand mixers are invaluable for dozens of things, before you even get into attachments. I was just pointing out how dumb his "big bowl and a spatula" comment was by using an example that everyone has made by hand, but never with a spatula.

I've actually bled from the ridges on the lid of a marmite jar.

Maybe you shouldn't eat from a jar of glue and then complain about the lid being glued shut.

I use a microwave to warm up canned beans for breakfast and hot dog sausages. Fite me, the sausages taste better microwaved than cooked. Also, I microwave the milk before I put in cereal

So not particularly versatile at all.

I don't understand how we haven't evolved past microwaves.

ok, thank you

fuck hot water,

if you don't need the lid, use a knife, and punch a hole in it,
if you need the lid, carefully put knife between lid and jar from below, and just twist the knife. it sucks air, clicks, and the jar is now open.

but you can steam stuff with the other one,..

wtf, marmite jar lids are plastic...

I'm still convinced that microwaves are alien technology...

I bet you also get a migraine every time someone posts anything about sous vide.

these are for children

Attached: griddle.jpg (450x450, 33K)

i come back from work at 8 at night im not gunna start cooking something.

Air fryer

I own that exact rice cooker.

Even a pretty cheap one does the job well. It’s all basically the same thing.

You have to turn the stove off. With a rice cooker, you can just start it up and leave for the day.

You could possibly make that argument for a hand mixer vs a stand mixer but if you want to just use a big bowl and whisk or spatula, be prepared to stir vigorously for an hour or so.

kys frylet

>also I microwave the milk before I put in the cereal
What?

but it's not chink approved

Cereal tastes bad if the milk isn't warm

fuck you

Kill yourselves soyboys

Using electricity in 2018

It must be the microwave radiation frying your brain

get a mid grade one 30~50ish, super cheap ones make kinda soggy rice with burnt bits on the bottom.

ok, thanks

What's the downside of that device? It looks too versatile to not have a terrible downside, like being impossible to clean or something.

It's cheapo trash that will break after a couple of uses.

I don't think I own a single knife that I'd be comfortable bending out of shape to open a fucking jar.