What is the best book you have ever read that you believed very few other people have read

what is the best book you have ever read that you believed very few other people have read.

I read that and didn’t really like it. Wasn’t edgy enough for how it was advertised. And the book didn’t have anything going for it other than edginess

P R O U S T
because nobody else has ever finished it

This. The back of the book said it was edgy and fun, but it was just kind of hard to tell where the author stood sometimes. Though the part in South America had 10/10 writing, imo.

It really depends on what you mean by "very few other people".

But if we're gonna pick a middle ground between "very few average literate humans on Earth" and "few people on Veeky Forums" then I'd say that the winner is "Riddley Walker" by Russel Hoban. It's super good if you can get into it, but not super accessible to people who don't speak English as a first language.

my diary desu

Roadside Picnic.

You can't genuinely think no one else has read this it it's literally one of the most famously adapted books ever

I live in the American south. No one reads.

>Moravagine
why are french so obsessed with psychiatry? I mean Breton made similar stuff with Nadja

Michel Tournier, The Erl King
fucking masterpiece

The Foundation for Exploration

Dirty Snow

This

Tournier is a hit in amongst french readers mah dude. Both Vendredi and that Le Roi des aulnes are well read and studied. C’mon now.

I’ll go with this : Rosie Carpe.

>Prix Goncourt
>unknown
You could have picked Un grand pas vers le bon Dieu or something.

The Opposing Shore by Julien Gracq

To the Islands by Randolph Stow

>Riddley Walker
I've tried multiple times and I can't make it. I should stick to YA but the map is so tantalizing.

The Rose of the World, Daniil Andreev

I'm the only living human being who has ever read The Anatomy of Melancholy cover to cover

ur not Sebastian

It Then by Danielle Collobert
The Book of Questions by Edmond Jabès
Ark by Ronald Johnson
The Ship by Hans Henny Jahnn

Hope Mirrlees - Lud-in-the-Mist

Never heard anyone talk about this book except the person who recommended it to me. I loved it.

I find it's one of those books that most who do read it love it. In fact my old school library used to have that exact copy and I read it that way, though undoubtedly most other people were put off by its design

This is kind of sad considering among American regions the South by far has produced the most great literature.

The Wig by Charles Wright
Reflex & Bone Structure by Clarence Major
The Farm by Clarence Cooper Jr.

Are you American? It is common knowledge in America that the South didn't develop very well . Their public schools are failing and most of the charter schools are poorly staffed.

This thing

I'm halfway through The Captive right now, so I'll be the second person on Veeky Forums to do it.

"Jurgen, a comedy of justice."
Really good, pretty funny, kinda sad.
I'm probably the only one on Veeky Forums who has read it.

Also Mein Kampf is one of my fav politic books.

Seeing Islam as others saw it.

>you seriously think we haven't read the baron in trees
calvino is one of the most famous italian authors of all time
its his bestselling work only behind If On A Winter's Night

>MORE VAGINE
what did he mean by this?

Final Judgement by Michael Collins Piper
The Fletch novel where he goes to Africa
Microserfs by Douglas Coupland
The Man Who Was Thursday by GK Chesterton
Eustace Mullins' Canaan book

The region that has produced the most great American literature is France.

ITT: people naming well-known books

When did you read it user? I read it recently and it read like a standard YA novel.

Read a translation titled The Ogre, was a great book

Werner's homeboy

Sanin by Mikhail Artysbashev
WE by Yevgeny Zamyatin

Milos Crnjanski - Roman o londonu, it wasn't probably translated to any other languages

Even well known books aren't often widely read.

I don't know anyone who's read Bullwer-Lytton's The Coming Race although many have heard of the novel.

Or Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. With that novel he succeeds where Neil Gaiman tries and misses.

It's a reference born of his interest in Indian mysticism:
>MORE BOBS AND VAGINE

read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read

I was going to post this... one of my favorite books of all time.

Should I get the edition with "The Hill of Summer" also included?

is that necessary?

both around 10 beanpies

Technically a novella, anyone else read it?

I read all of Mirgorod

I, too, want more vagine if ya know what I mean...

I own a copy of "Hypnerotomachia Poliphili"

Have you read it?

I can't lie to you, user. I have not read it straight through on my own yet. I've started and stopped 3 times. Last I made it to about half. Maybe 3/5ths.

What do you think of what you read? I'm curious about it.

Even today (I mean if it were written today), I think it would be classified as experimental literature. And I mean that in a good way because it most certainly was probably the author's intent at the time it was written. At least, as far as I'm able to tell. That, in itself, makes it insanely interesting.

I admit, I'm a bit disappointed in myself that I haven't finished it. But if you read the description, sections of it can be a bit over described. Though, that's probably the case with most experimental literature, I suppose.

It did basically seal the deal with me getting laid once. As she said, "anyone who owns a book like that wasn't lying to me when they said they were into literature." On that alone I consider it worth the purchase, at least.

i wont stop shilling this book till you autists read it

I have. Twice. Loved it.

Great book. It gets brought up frequently here.

How sad

Horcynus Orca

the first soviet horror film (i think) was based on this, worth watching if you're interested.