Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Last thread got deleted. Who knows why.

Let's try this again anons. Post your food/cooking questions.

Attached: 1465872837649.jpg (880x880, 533K)

Take your best shot... You...

DOUBLE NIGGER

Attached: clown_4.jpg (1100x734, 705K)

if a salami isn't heat treated can i still eat it raw

If I'm not mistaken even rawtarians eat salami, so I guess you can

Id like to get into trying some new cheeses but I don't know where to start. I dont like eating cold cheese except for 2 kinds. Parmesan and pepperjack. Those are my 2 favorite cheeses. Where do I go from here?

Kraft

Is it flour you put on chicken to pull moisture from the skin to get it crispy when baking?

What do you eat when you crave sweets

Dried fruits

bump

Is sous vide a meme?

sugar

cornstarch works better

If you're just a home chef then yes, it's pretty pointless. Major advantage of it is cooking things really reproducibly, which only matters if you're trying to maintain exact quality in a restaurant.

Unless you are a restaurant, there is no point of owning a saus vide machine. If you are curious to try out the method, you can jury rig a styrofoam cooler with a meat thermometer to give you almost identical results

how do I into making pasta

cooks are some of the worst people on the planet, why do you think it was deleted, just look at what has been posted so far.

Yes, like the salami in sandwiches
A tiny bit of baking powder helps

I dont trust myself enough that I would bring a proper edge back on a 70 buck Wusthof with a whet stone. What are some knife sharpeners you would recommend?

Yogurt.

Pasta is done when it sticks to the wall.

How does he get out without breaking the eggs?

>home chef
ug

I thought these were like jalapenos, but they are not. What can I cook with these Pimientos.

Attached: 7y45231542.jpg (3000x2000, 143K)

what are some conventional or nonconventional pairings with sliced corned beef brisket? all i can think of is bread, potato mash, saute'd veg like asaparagus or green beans.

This may be common sense to most of middle america but unfortunately i grew up eating rice for a majority of my life

Mac and Cheese or baked beans.

Try burrata. Very fresh and creamy tasting. No advanced flavors - still great.

Also, try real Feta (sheep milk, no fucking cellulose or potato). Slightly harsher flavor butalso fresh tasting.

Try port Salut. Very plain and nutty flavor.
Easy to enjoy.

Try St. Augur. If you're feeling a little adventurous. It is very creamy and very aromatic. A good introduction to blue mold cheese.

Also, if you can get your hands on some Swedish Grevé, that should be very good bang for your tastebuds without being too adventurous. Nutty and creamy with a slight springy texture.

Bench grinder

No.

Do you need one?
Probably not.

Check out the pasta making tutorials on youtube. If you're just making noodles/spaghetti etc. It's pretty straight forward and easy desu.

Flour + eggs
wa la

Stir fries.

Also: ferment them and put them in stews. Great.

>Stir fries.
Are those made from potatoes?

die fag
Ill give these a try. Know any that are close to parmesan in taste/texture? I dont how much I will like the cheese that is soft/creamy. The texture might be put me off

dont post disgusting muslims on my christian board, appetite ruined.

I was going to make curry tonight but I only have one can of coconut cream. Can I substitute in milk or regular cream or will if completely ruin the dish?

Cream yes, milk no

Not a native English speaker sry. Stir-frys.

If you're mainly about texture and consistency, there are two cheeses that are similar to parmesan: Gran Padano and peccorino romano. Thr flavor is a little different though. If you want something pretty similar in flavor, Asiago is similar. Try those to start with.

Ill give those a try. Thanks man

I haven't drank monster since elementary school. What do y'all recommend.

Attached: 1521302082856.jpg (2100x544, 322K)

Coffee.

How do I make ramen from scratch?

just out of curiosity, what were you planning on doing with the jalepenos?

Sant Agur is buttery fucking heaven. Makes a great sauce too

I just want someone to explain to me WHY you can't freeze food twice.
Why can't I just freeze as many times as I like as long as I raise the temp when I'm cooking to 75, 100 degrees celcius. Where do these alleged extra super bacteria come from? What's going on?>>?

Attached: c85e38a75b6a8c82af8f942ff88c6672.jpg (200x200, 8K)

Freezing doesn't kill any bacteria. Cooking will not kill every trace of bacteria. At around 30 celsius, which you must pass through while heating and cooling, bacteria gets super randy and breeds like crazy. Each time you heat, it's the survivors with the hardiest genes that get the opportunity to repopulate the food.

That makes a lot of sense. So you're saying it's only safe to let the survival of the fittest thing happen for one generation, no more?

Yeah. Not that I've actually read any studies which proves this to be true.

There's also the cellular structure of the food itself progressively breaking down and ruining the quality.

No probs. Remember though: Great variety and variance exist within the same cheese types depending on storage length etc. so don't get disheartened if one variety is not to your tastes - try another.

thanks for replies. One more hypothetical question. Let's say it's a seafood soup I've done it with, what if I heat it to boiling and let it simmer for an hour?

If you're bringing it to a boil you should be pretty safe.

On pureed diet

What foods are edible pureed besides fish and curry?

Literally anything.

Attached: 1508377545200.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

seconded
Dried sugary fruits help with sweets cravings.
I eat enough dried fruit and drink enough fruit juice that I dont even eat candy or icecream anymore.

Ha! So you CAN get rid of enough bacteria? If you're able to cook it to 100 degrees without ruining it?

No, I just wanted you to get food poisoning.

Is there any type of non-stick pan that lasts longer than teflon? I do own some cast iron but they're not feasible for everything.

what are you doing to your teflon to make it wear out?
I've had the same teflon pan for years and it's still good as new

Dunno, I don't use metal on them and I don't run water over them when they're hot. I try not not let them get too hot when there isn't food in them too.

Coffee or tea

Mate I have a treat for you. Sounds like it'd be gross but it's actually quite sublime. Pureed carrots, with some ginger added to it. Restaurant tier baby mush, trust me. (pair it with seafood if you care to)

Are scrambled eggs pretty much the same as an omelette? Arguing with my roommate who hates scrambled eggs but loves plain omelette without cheese.

They're the same thing but in a different form. Omelettes are shaped, whereas scrambled eggs are scrambled, bashed around. Both can be cooked through or left somewhat liquidy, depends on preference. Both can also have milk or cream or your dad's jizz added for volume, again according to preference.
In addition, an omelette doesn't need cheese to make it an omelette, and neither do scrambled eggs.They're both just egg.

There's two schools of thought here. Some people think that scrambled eggs should have large curds for texture while others think they should be smoother. Ultimately they are the same and it's up to preference.

Me again. Your roommate probably hates the eggs but loves omelette because he's experienced them cooked opposing ways, I would guess. Maybe he is used to a thoroughly cooked omelette but can't stomach par cooked scrambled eggs.

Oh yeah also this. Some people scramble the absolute fuck out of their eggs while others just give them a desultory flick once or twice.

Came here for this

You should be scrambling the fuck out of them and do whatever you can to make sure they are still "wet" when plated.

Thank you
He says he experienced scrambled eggs as dry in the past so that makes sense.

Thank you I will try this

you're welcome! Being introduced to wet scrambled eggs as opposed to dry mcdonalds eggs is the same (in my mind) as being introduced to the wonders of a medium or rare steak when you'd previously always eaten it cooked through. It's a world of difference in taste and I can understand how people will persist with their insistence on overcooked food when that's all they've had previously. Fair enough, but there's better out there

Definitely not

You wiener muncher, this a great idea for a thread, especially on Veeky Forums
how dangerous is a little bit of red in my brats?

Attached: 15383086782137.jpg (410x243, 44K)

*pink
not red

Just fry em until they blacken a lil and eat em with salt

This but also, when heating up food, bacteria multiply and grow before mainly dying to the heat . However bacteria produce toxins, which are generally not destroyed by the heating process and will make you ill in high enough amounts. The more times you heat something up, the higher the amount of toxins.

This isn't really about surviving bacteria having super high resistance because most of the survivors are probably just lucky. To survive at very high temperatures bacteria have to adapt in many ways. A good example of this are extremophile bacteria in oceanic volcanic vents

What are some autistic things you do when eating food?

For me, whenever I eat a pack of crisps, I metacilously pick out each and every single chip and inspect both sides of it, making note of what side has the more flavouring on it, usually the side with the deeper colour, and placing that on my tongue. After I swallow, I pick out another one and the process continues. It can take me a 15 minute break to eat a single, small pack of crisps.

Seeing other people pick out a handful with their fingers and gobble it down really makes me feel uneasy and I think of them as lesser human beings.

Attached: 1499982755003.jpg (494x500, 133K)

Recommend a good allround knife. Primarily used to chop vegetables.

I suspect most I have needs sharpening but I'd rather just maintain one unless I change my habits.

>bacteria gets super randy and breeds like crazy
They can't be breeding that fast, right? Heating up foods only takes what, 5 minutes?

If you're only chopping you want nakiri. If you're doing katsuramuki then you should get usuba but I doubt you have begun this step yet. Most neophytes prefer to apprentice for a few years before trying one. I recommend Iizuka because his knives are affordable, when you have done 5-7 years of Uchi-deshi ask your master for permission to obtain real Shigefusa

Adding to what the other anons have told you about toxins from previous generations of bacteria remaining in the food, when you freeze anything containing water, said water actually expands and crystalises inside the food, punching holes in the cell walls and ruining both the texture of the food and a good deal of its nutritional content (which the extra round of cooking also doesn't help).

Every time you freeze you're basically mincing your meal at the microscopic level, burst/dead cells are also an excellent food source for bacteria.

>par cooked scrambled eggs
Do you save them and then finish cooking them later?

>Japanese LARPing fag

So I want to cook for myself more and stop being a cuck and making shitty microwave meals all the time (I go for the "healthy" ones but I know they're still shit). I meal prep once a week but thats only for work (just grilled chicken with frozen veggies/pasta/rice). I cook breakfast but that shits easy. So how can I change my shitty habits?

Hello, I am interested in making a punschkrapfen cake, do any anons have any suggestions or tips?

get a slow cooker and start with that. Make big stew batches and eat with pasta or rice

if the metal is actually blunt (not just slightly burred that a sharpening rod can fix), and you don't want to risk sharpening it yourself, you can prolly pay someone to do it, but that's wasting money cause it's honestly not that hard. I tried it for the first time bout a week ago and it's pretty easy. if you're concerned about ruining a good knife, maybe buy a cheap shitty knife and practice on that? but if you fuck up your good knife, as above, you can pay someone to redo it

what the fuck is this, I've seen it like 4 times today

cabbage? people keep saying the Irish love corned beef and cabbage, but I've never actually seen it, so maybe its shit

how do i make fruit snacks

Not OP, grevé sounds like something I will track down.

Agreed, I feel dirty now.

I eat the different parts of my meals separately. Like, pic related, I'll eat the onion rings, then peas, then mushrooms, then salad, then chips, then steak, I won't take swipes of everything on one forkful, and I usually wont eat a bit of one thing, then another, then go back to the first, I'll start and finish each part separately

Attached: rib-eye-steak-dinner[1].jpg (472x450, 40K)

Sweets.

Sweets.

>when your pupper watches one too many skittles commercials

When I'm brining chicken, should I cut it up/pound it out/whatever before brining or after?

When I'm making chicken strips for chicken quesadillas, should I cut the chicken into strips before cooking or after?

t. definitely retarded idiot questioner

Attached: chicken and broc.jpg (3264x1836, 616K)

My sister does this too. She has Down Syndrome.

Cut it up or whatever before brining, but remember that more surface area means you need less time in the brine. Cooking the chicken whole will give you a juicier end product, so it's definitely better to slice it afterwards.