Are they a meme?

Are they a meme?

Attached: 1520025130429.jpg (1820x848, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vFhVLbQPpcI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Induction? Yes. It's easier to clean but I liked cooking with a gas stovetop better.

Better than electric/coil, but still worse than gas.

You have to pay a shit ton of money to get one worth owning.

Theyre p good. Honestly dunno why everyones bitching about them.

i really like my induction hob, but heat control in the low range sucks desu. 400W minimum is stilly way too much for a simmer, even if you have a large pot of potatoes, and even 400W is really just pulsed 800W. The IKEA Tillreada hob is the only one I know (in the affordable price range) that hhas sufficiently low settings, with 100W and 300W.

yes, it's a meme. Not necessary in most places or for most applications.

Looks like something a faggot who drives a Tesla would own.

I thought I was in /mu/ for a second

I know it's a Gas range, not Induction, but:
youtube.com/watch?v=vFhVLbQPpcI

Induction is great if you are wanting to learn a new thing. Never think anyone older than 60 will be able to learn how to use it.

I'll never get the desire to bring along this sort of bullshit while camping.

I have Bosch induction cooktop and the low settings are good. It could be lower but nothing simmers at setting 1.

Why'd you post a DJ turntable in the food sub?

Heats really fast and is easy to clean. Why would they be a meme.

I think so. They're expensive and probably going to cost a lot to fix if anything were to go wrong and I expect something will go wrong. They're good at boiling water really fast but who the fuck needs that? They're really easy to clean though ill give them that.

Are there any induction/gas hybrid stoves out there?

Why would anyone want that?

>I expect something will go wrong
Most fail because water gets into the display or the buttons when you clean them. Modern hobs have a one-pice glass top with sensor buttons, no seams no mechanical parts. they are less likely to fail than electric coil hobs.

They are good for boiling water. I have a Wolf induction cooktop next to my stovetop and pretty much just use it for making pasta and boiling potatoes. I think they are pretty cool really.

You need a high quality pan else induction will quickly destroy them.

cast iron or carbon steel works just fine

He said high quality, not outdated meme skillets.