Cheese omelet.
>2 eggs $.08
>1/2oz butter $.12
>1/2oz cheese $.25
>salt, pepper, thyme $.05
Cost - $.50
Prep & Clean Up - 8 minutes.

What's for breakfast Veeky Forums?

Attached: 20180324_101906.jpg (2576x1932, 1.23M)

And what the hell am I supposed to do with the leftover eggs, butter, and cheese? It's not like those are commonly used ingredients.

piece of toast with nutella and water.

Made me chuckle

Yeah lol these rich fucks are so retarded
Trying to give shitty advice to people that struggle to eat
World is so unfair, had to pay $43 for dinner last night for my wife and our 6 year old. 2 pizzas from dominos and a drink
Food is so expensive man

How do I make this?

Stop shopping at those giant box stores and buy your eggs cheese and butter by the ounce like normal people.

the eggs i buy cost between 25 and 45 cents
butter i buy for between 3 to 5 EUR per 500g
idk what kinda cheese you mean here, kraft singles?

If i made that it would probably be around 3 EUR? which I still consider cheap. where do you shop?

btw. not trying to shit on you. I think cooking is an invaluable part of being a competent adult.

Grate cheese
Heat pan
Beat egg
Slice butter
Add butter
Heat butter
Add egg
Season egg
Cook egg
Add cheese
Remove heat
Roll egg
Garnish egg
Eat egg

I pay $2.50 for a 60ct flat of eggs, 4/lb for butter and this particular cheese was only 8/lb. It's not about using crappy ingredients...its about knowing how to shop. I shop at several stores depending on what's on sale or marked down.

And being poor doesn’t mean you cannot sweep the sidewalk or street in front of your place and pick up the litter.

Poor, but prowd and clean.

Arigato senpai

>eggs
>butter
>cheese
>not garbage
Kek

Eggs and butter are good for you. Cheese is the only debatable one, but as long as you don't use too much of it like a hamplanet you should be fine.

You have to go back.

How can you be posting on a Food and Cooking board when you turn your nose up at two of the most versatile and widely used ingredients on the planet?

>$2.50 for a 60ct flat of eggs
factory farmed shit tier quality eggs
free range, small farm eggs are worth the price premium

Attached: 23763593.jpg (512x512, 47K)

>utilities cost nothing

>2 Eggs: $.08
>1/2oz butter $.12
>1/2oz cheese $.25
>salt, pepper, thyme $.05
>Cost - $.50

>Fucking Up Your Omelet on the fold:
>Priceless.

where does this retard find 4 cent eggs? china?
what a dumbass

>eggs, cheese, and butter

but these things are all garbage.

I think you missed the point.
Youre still consuming energy when you boil ramen or microwave your frozen pizza.

>but these things are all garbage
As you take another bite of your mcnuggies

I'm a proud vegan of 4 years.

stfu soyboi vegan. all those things are delicious.

But where are the limes?

How do you know if someone is a vegan?
Don't worry...theyll tell you.

Are you fuckin retarded m8?

Attached: 1519767257007.png (294x256, 112K)

eggs will literally kill you retard. But enjoy your atherosclerosis and heart disease in a few years.

>fucking up your green text on the reply

As i said yesterday in another thread, Peas, beans, potatoes are cheap as fuck in bulks and lasts a lot. Last even more if cooked and put in refrigerator.
good eggs cost a little more, but the limit is 4 a person in a week. passable\good cheese cost a lot, but there's some passable processed cheese for less, just don't know if is like that in the rest of the world

43 dollars on a dinner for 3 is cheap, 43 dollars on 2 pizzas not. Just eat something different or start to make your pizza at home:
1kg Flour, less than 1$
yeast, less than 1$
Tomato sauce variable price (i really don't know, here is from 0,80€ to less than 3€ for 2 lt), you need less than 1 or 2 glass tho
Mozzarella cheese\other melting cheese have a variable price, i don't know what cheese you have, but if in doubt, don't use cheese
you can put various ingredients as pepperoni, veggies, shrooms, fries for your kids and such, you prepare those then use it for other meals for the following days too, you don't need so much

anyway, for less than 10$ you have something you ate for 40$, and you will learn cooking pizza

Read a book.
Read a book written this century.

eggs are not so dangerous, just not exaggerate on weekly quantities.
Butter, on other side, is more dangerous, since is pure fat. Eggs have proteins in white part, carbs and fats in yolk.

Most modern studies agree that eggs are shit.

Link three, without sourcing from Buzzfeed.

But they're garbage for your body. Soda and fast food taste good, too, but they're garbage and for poor people. Hence OP proved nothing

Eggs are shit if you can eat something different, on par of meat. You just have to not excess

Lol he unironically believes forks over knives isn't liberal propeganda

Attached: 1520501986490.gif (200x150, 2.59M)

RIP John Candy

People tell me I look like Paul Bearer's retarded son.

no it was 8USD per pizza and then
20+ USD for extras. more cheese, more bacon, more sassage, more cheese, some ranch dressing, etc.

>no it was 8USD per pizza and then

Price may vary a lot but even for 20$ you have a shitload of pizza
basically every stuff you can buy you can make in your home for less

I was making a joke about poor eating habits...

oh lol

>when you completely miss the joke
How do invalids like this poster find their way to Veeky Forums?

Eggs can be as high as 7$ a dozen here. Its a food i rarely eat due to that

>4 cent eggs
You forgot got the 2 cents / pound saffron.

Fucking vegans...

a) where in the fuck do you get eggs for .48 a dozen
b) how are you so poor you calculated the cost of making a 2 egg omelette

Wal-Mart eggs range from 3.5-7.5 cents each when bought in volume.

You're retarded if you're paying more than .25 for an egg.

adjusted for australians
>2 eggs $.50 AUD
>30g butter $.34 AUD
>30g cheese $.24 AUD
>salt, pepper, thyme $.05 AUD
Cost - $1.13 AUD

>30g
That's an ounce fatass.
I hope you're not using that much cheese and butter for 2 eggs

oh you're right, I am an idiot nvm

>2 eggs $.50 AUD
>15g butter $.17 AUD
>15g cheese $.12 AUD
>salt, pepper, thyme $.05 AUD
Cost - $0.84 AUD

thanks user

thought your prices were off so i checked walmart for the cheapest of each ingredient
was surprised

>Great Value Large Grade A Eggs, 18 ct $1.30, $0.05 per egg
>Fall Creek Unsalted Butter 1 lb., $4.99, $0.31 per oz
>Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese, 2 lb, $9.84, $0.30 per oz

there were cheaper cheeses, such as the bottles of grated parmesan and kraft velveeta, but i feel my choice of cheddar was justified

i also feel justified in leaving out the price of salt, pepper, and thyme

adding it up, we get at least $0.41 for a walmart omelette

Attached: Vc0KWdw.jpg (320x320, 18K)

>Eggs can be as high as 7$ a dozen here
How's Antarctica this time of year

>$7/dozen
what on earth

>Salt, pepper, thyme
Good taste

Probably nicer weather than where i am. Also a 400g block of cheese can run 5-8$ butter i rarely buy but id say its about 6$ for a kg

Not him but 6 eggs in Paris is 3 euro. It's very expensive but I still eat them regularly

How on earth can eggs be that expensive in an enormous city. Do they fly you to the farm and introduce you to the chickens personally or something?

>6 eggs in Paris is 3 euro
No they're not, and I should know, I live there. I can get 10 eggs for 1.59, the fuck kind of store you go to ?

Attached: 1517086408410.png (353x332, 89K)

It would seem obvious but I guess not. Some of you are not allowing for different economies and the higher or lower incomes that correspond to those different economies. So for me 1.50 per dozen could be just as normal for someone paying 4 per dozen. I do agree $7 for a dozen eggs is retarded but who knows where this guy lives and what a dollar actually buys?

Im in canada. A dollar doesn't go far here really. And a lot of people make under 30k per year... gas is close to 1.20$/L for example. I could get cheaper factory eggs. Those white cloned ones with ink stamps on them that taste either like fish or plastic. Maybe thats what you guys are talking about? The ones i get, when i do buy them are often much less than 7$ i just meant thats the highest price ive seen. Funny enough i have legit met the chickens before. No charge for it though haha. Just got 2 dozen for free from a farm lady for pulling her car out of the ditch

Where do you get your protein from? Semen?

9eme in Monoprix or franprux.

>10 for 1.59 euro
Tell me your secret

But Paris isn't enormus. You can pretty much walk from north to south in a morning

And if you can't eat eggs?
I can't even smell the fucking things let alone cook and eat them without throwing up

Franprix de Montmartre, 1.59 la boite de 10. En meme temps Monoprix aussi, c'est de l'arnaque complete

Thanks I'll check it out. It's bull shit that same supermarket in a different area has different price

So what did you hope to bring to this conversation by saying youve seen eggs as high as $7 per dozen? Firstly...thats Canadian dollars and honestly...monopoly money and arcade coins have more value. Secondly...you can find overpriced anything anywhere if you want. The eggs we're discussing in this thread are obviously common commercial grade. The other eggs youre referring to with the stamp are Egg Lands Best which are also overpriced. In your initial post you said
>"eggs can be as high as $7 a dozen. It's a food I rarely eat because of that."
Which means you're retarded, don't buy your own food, or were just talking shit for the sake of talking shit because you should know that is not the typical price for a dozen Canadian eggs.

You're struggling to keep up. OP is not saying "poor people should only eat eggs." OP is saying learn to fucking cook and you can make decent meals for pennies, and they will be better than the frozen pizzas, hamburger helper, and ramen noodles many people associate with cheap eats.

Yeah, then give an example of a fucking packed lunch that's cheap and easy like that

True. I often cook with leftovers. Made some Thai today. Quite okay. All you need is skill.

>2 eggs $.08
A dozen eggs where I live is $2.29, I get the cheapest ones and it only goes up to like $5-6 per dozen for the higher tier ones

2 hard boiled eggs and a chunk of cheese.

>buying eggs by the dozen.
Buy in 18, 30, or 60 pls. Much cheaper.

I was talking shit for the sake of talking shit. Its what mongolian throat singing forums are for, really.

>falling for the low-fat low cholesterol meme
Been studying up on Ansel Keys?

Cite resources.

They don't sell them in that bulk here

>2 eggs $.08

Where the fuck do you live that you can get eggs for 48 cents a dozen?

Not if you're poor.

factually wrong. "free range small farm eggs" are most of the time even lower in quality.

agree, eggs arent 8cent

though OPs point would have been just as valid with nothing but butter and eggs, a plain french omelette is awesome.

>eggs will literally kill you retard
What did he mean by this?

>Thyme instead of chives
Wot m8? Also, looks overcooked if that is supposed to be a classic omelet. To each his own, I guess.

>he doesn't grow his own chickens

Attached: 1442547377177.gif (207x154, 470K)

Literally the dumbest shit I've ever read on this board

>Literally

Attached: 1314594350490.jpg (384x480, 19K)

>MOMMY someone on the internet said that i'm wrong about something!! :(((

I was wondering if anyone else was going to address this?
>2 eggs $.08
So you buy $.48/dozen eggs? Who the fuck are you buying your eggs from? A homeless man's asshole?

Attached: team-fap.jpg (730x553, 72K)

Why would anyone store eggs in their asshole

>he doesn't store his eggs in his asshole

I live next to an egg farm and eggs are $0.10/ea. here.

where do you live that your eggs are so cheap?

hes retarded but the joke wasnt good either

testo