How are GMOs even legal?

How are GMOs even legal?

Attached: E2953B9E-F57D-456C-A5EF-3F998BA150F9.jpg (720x540, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_fluorescent_protein
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do people actually believe this?

OP wants to kill the poor
shame.

Why would you genetically engineer something to looks less apetizing.

t. Monsanto employee

First one dropped into pan of boiled water for 12 minutes.

Second one boiled for twenty minutes.

Profits

>you need to cook GMO eggs longer
>b-but they’re just like the regular ones
Enjoy your mutated children.

Attached: 5766DE68-B1D5-4D87-B486-AB566856C0EA.jpg (602x359, 34K)

Backyard chicken eggs have a much more egg/farm flavor than factory chickens.

my gmo eggs look like the left when i boil them for 7 minutes and right when i boul them for 11

It just depends on how long you cook this shit.

Also why do they pretend that selectively breeding animals/plants doesnt count as generic engineering?

Attached: 1521766065972.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

why are you all taking the bait stop

>Selective breeding is the same as taking seeds into a laboratory and genetically splicing DNA to make plants glow in the dark and kill insects that bite them
For the same reason that folding a piece of paper to make a paper airplane isn't considering aeroengineering like manufacturing a Cessna

>tfw my gmo eggs look exactly like the organic one
whoa...

okay, Ludditefag

There are no GMO animals.

the descriptions in the pic are fake. we had this discussion many times.

Yes, the photo used if from the overcooked eggs article, I posted the complete photo here

You're either trying too hard or you're as dumb as those eggs.

>le monsanto is so ebil!!
Fuck off back to portland fag
Monsanto isnt the one killing farmers the regulations around gmos are
Blaming monsanto instead of the laws with gmos is autistic

Left: Medium Boiled.
Right: Hard boiled.

Attached: The+awkward+moment+when+youre+retarded+and+that+happens+to+_5bca021e06653fca10ec445c183c351f.jpg (267x200, 10K)

Every person I meet who is against gmos always has zero education and uses shitty YouTube videos made by some crack pot like themselves as evidence gmos are bad.

Theres no reason plays couldn't evolve to work like that anyways. Its perfectly natural.
What would you rather them do, poison your water tables with pesticides?

Hard boiled egg shouldn't look like that. Shouldn't have a grainy yolk, or a green ring. One of the best food wishes videos I've seen is how to boil eggs.

>he's never personally boiled an egg in his life

Are these pink things 3d things you do yourself and you keep shilling them all around? I think I've seen you on multiple boards.

the american education system does not prepare students well for life in the modern age

Buy our seeds that are resistant to our chemicals on the land we own stupid goy!

What makes you think its all one guy?
Im just some guy who saved it as a reaction image

that's from the sulphur in the egg having nowhere to go while it cooks so it builds up in the center, poke a hole in the shell at the top before you put it in water and this won't happen

i know this thread is bait but i dont give a fuck

thank a piece of shit, limp-wristed liberal
but the worm is turning

Pretty sure all anti-GMO/anti-vax people here are just trolls, no one can believe this shit

Seriously, way too much focus on hobbies like literature, art and sports, and way too little on science. Its absurd that high school students are required to take more English classes than math or science

>Also why do they pretend that selectively breeding animals/plants doesnt count as generic engineering?
What a fucking retard.

Idiot, those hard boiled eggs have nothing to do with GMOs. Steam your eggs = voila, no green ring.

Except selective breeding and cross pollinating, even by accident, are considered genetic modification. For farmers to keep non-gmo wheat they have to buy new seed every few years due to accidental cross pollination. Jesus fuck you're a stupid Faggot.

This is a top tier bait image. For anyone who doesn't get it, the image on the right is the """"organic"""" one. That's what my chickens eggs look like.

>read thread
>apparently second image is of over cooked boiled eggs
Welp that's an eye opener

kys

Fuck you nigger

You’re boiling your eggs for a lot longer than you need to. That’s why they look like that. I don’t know of any egg that won’t do that if you overboil it.

He means that the second one was overcooked, resulting in the green yolk.

How on earth do you post obvious b8 about food on the food board, and get away with it?

Because our species is stuffed to the brim with gullible idiots.

Fair enough, please continue.

The main issue with GMO's is not the GMO's itself but the coorporations behind them.

Because they are all evil boogeymen, right?
If anything big natural food, as owned by Amazon, the largest company in the world is a bigger threat to us

No, because they can make an uninvolved farmer burn down his entire crops just because a few of their copyrighted plants grow on his field due to being spread by the wind.

That shit can kill entire existences.

This is literally not a thing

1/10, made me reply

Is this actually what communists believe?

Thank you for making this threads. Fuck the dumbass normalfag monsanto loving faggots in this thread.

I think you mean "Why are you all taking the bait? Please stop."

Nope, not all of them. Normalfags are retarded and love to be enslaved, raped and killed.

>I hate science and progress
>everyone else is a dumbass
public school is a hell of a drug

It's not public school that's the problem. It's conservatism.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 6K)

bullshit, most of the natural food anti-progress nutjobs are leftists. People who choose to affiliate with one of the parties hold a lot fo fucking dumb beliefs especially with science but for whatever reason the left is much more susceptible to dumb "natural" stuff like being against GMOs and vaccines

Russian propaganda.

Gmos are not inherently bad, at all. However there are certain companies which use gmo tech that ARE inherently evil (hello, Monsanto ).

That's just an overcooked egg you dumbass.

Well, they call themselves "progressive". Anyone that needs such a self-aggrandizing title is fragile.

>high-earning professional engineers, scientists, etc. dont vote conservatively

Attached: you.gif (283x313, 20K)

Or says
>muh splice genes
>muh frankentomato

>my gmo eggs look like the left when i boil them for 7 minutes and right when i boul them for 11

How in hell do you think that they are GMO eggs?

>There are no GMO animals.

Not exactly.

There are GMO research mice. My introduction to GMOs was for mice with neurons that would fluoresce.

What he should have said is there are no GMO animals available for purchase as food

>neurons that would fluoresce.
how did you see them?

not that guy but probably referring to this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_fluorescent_protein

That settles it.

Attached: 9B078CEE-75BA-4692-868F-86AFD72744B8.jpg (1242x1825, 1.97M)

the difference between left and right is that the right has been boiled for too long

not taking this shitty fucking bait

>big organic corporation
me thinks OP is trolling fools

what the shit

the eggs you get at the store are generally pretty old, while eggs from your own chickens are relatively fresh. i mean, the diet and quality of life of the chickens probably impacts the taste too, but i think it mostly comes down to the age of the egg. eggs are considered grade A until they're 6 months old. when you buy eggs from the grocery store they may well be 3 months old already

As someone who has eaten week old boiled easter eggs once a year, I can say that the gray one is just what happens when you leave a boiled egg sitting around

They don’t cause they’re usually pretty smart

A lot of supposedly "natural" foods you eat every day, like pink grapefruits, are the result of artificial genetic mutations, but they don't count as GMOs because they were created with different (and outdated) biotecnologies, like radiations or chemicals exposure.
GMO is only a legislative definition, not a scientific one.

You fucking retard. The majority of crops are GMOs. Your dog is a GMO. Cows would be extinct if they weren't genetically modified by humans.

Nonsense.

A GMO is, by definition, an organism who's genome has been modified by the use of modern genetic engineering techniques.

Selective breeding is not a technique of genetic engineering.

Most crops are not GMOs. Neither are dogs.

Once again: you don't get GMOs by selective breeding.

The other guy was a little misleading but his point is a worthwhile one, what you call "modern genetic engineering techniques" is arbitrary, and there really isn't a consensus on what that is or should mean. Absurdly, mutagenic techniques are considered natural and organic, while more precise, controlled techniques are considered artificial and bad even though they are much safer and more predictable

katy perry just keeps getting weirder and weirder

it's a rotten egg, retard

The term GMO was explicitly coined to refer to organisms who's genomes have been modified using modern techniques of genetic engineering. It is a very useful term, when used correctly, because of that. If the term was expanded to refer to everything, then the term would become useless and there is no need to have it.

The term GMO has meaning only as long as it is used as intended.

>was explicitly coined to refer to organisms who's genomes have been modified using modern techniques of genetic engineering
Except it only includes specific modern techniques and arbitrarily does not include others, plus the idea of what is a modern technique and what isn't is rather meaningless

Its not at all a useful term regardless of whether it is used "as intended", its an arbitrary and misleading term only designed as a marketing tool for the big organic food companies like Amazon. It was certainly never meant to be a meaningful technical or scientific term, not unlike its marketing predecessor "organic"

Which techniques of genetic engineering that directly manipulate the genetic makeup of an organism -- that is, that are used to either introduce new genes directly into a genome or to remove genes directly from a genome -- do not produce organisms which would be termed as GMOs?

When I was studying neuroscience in grad school, the term GMO was very useful.

You GMO supporting retards are going to be the death of us. Fucking normalfags ruin everything.

Organisms with mutations induced through chemical or radiation induced mutagenesis are not considered GMO, and are considered natural and organic.Its a much more haphazard and potentially dangerous (though neither is eve remotely dangerous) method than direct genetic manipulation, but it is used because its easier to market products designed this way, and much cheaper to introduce them to market as the FDA arbitrarily does not consider them GMOs.
When we create silly concepts like GMOs we harm all of use because we encourage companies to use inferior techniques like this simply because uneducated people thing GMOs sound scary
>When I was studying neuroscience in grad school, the term GMO was very useful.
No it fucking wasn't, I studied biochemistry myself and actual science people never use the term GMO except when deriding the natural food people

The term GMO says nothing about whether or not the organism is healthy. There is nothing inherently dangerous about GMOs.

I've always found the use of the term "organic" by the natural is good groups to be kind of funny.

GMO is not a silly term. Mankind is a species that likes to categorize things and it is simply one such category. It does not mean that a food is dangerous to eat any more than something being organic means it is safe to eat.

If GMO is a silly term, then so are the terms lateral gene transfer and horizontal gene transfer.

The only thing bad about GMOs is the legal intellectual property bullshit Monsanto pulls. As a product, they're great.

>posting this pic on Veeky Forums
At least try ffs.

The truth

Attached: the difference.jpg (1211x532, 139K)

>haha, OP edited an image to be silly
>reverse image search
>mfw

Attached: 1501075790651.jpg (317x800, 57K)

do you know that you can put a trademark on a fucking plant even if its not a GMO

>rotten
looks overcooked

also left out in the open air for an hour

Says the nigger whos still a virgin after 30 years

>A faster and more precise process of genetically modifying crops means it's bad for you despite doing the same thing slower since forever

The only argument I can think of against GMO is making it resistant to pesticides so you can spray it with more without ruining it. It could also mean it absorbs less of it though. Perhaps also that we don't know how the ecosystem reacts to the modifications we deem good when injected so rapidly. The traditional slow process makes sure everything has a good chance to adapt to minor changes over time.

Wat. I'm in the US and I had to take twice as much math and science as English or history. Not all schools in the US are shitty inner city public trash-heaps, brainlet.

Farm-raised eggs admittedly taste and look way better than standard store-bought ones, but the egg on the left has clearly been heavily overcooked. Leave it to eurotrash and organic-only fags to fall for this as yet another chance to be obnoxiously self righteous.

Dude if it weren't for gmos half of Europe would still be starving to death. They are lucky we feed them. America is the largest distributor of food.