I'm not satisfied with the suggestion that Philosophy is just masturbatory nonsense...

I'm not satisfied with the suggestion that Philosophy is just masturbatory nonsense. I feel like this assessment is incorrect but I personally can't reason it out too well. Wondering what Veeky Forums thinks

Haha people will actually reapond to this thread thinking you're being sincere.

>I'm not satisfied
ah-bloo-bloo

I am, man. I do admit I forgot I made this thread

How do I convey the value of philosophy?

By reading anti-philosophy

Who says it's masturbatory nonsense?

start with infomercials

STEMfags

Idiots who don't read philosophy

Start realizing "STEMfags" is a word only used in Burgerland, then we can talk.

Then OP is an idiot for listening to them.
Read philosophy.

its a product sold by academic institutions that have become over-coded by an ideology of neo-liberalism

Do you analyze things? Do you make a distinction between e.g. animate and inanimate objects? Do you use syllogism? Then you do philosophy. Everyone does philosophy. The people who say it's useless are just bad at it, i.e. bad at ordered thinking

It's exactly the opposite. If you read much philosophy you inevitably come to realize it's masturbatory nonsense. If you read two or three books you will embrace a certain kind of thought because you're easily convinceable and you don't know the opposite arguments. The more you read, the less you're ideological.

t. STEMfag who hasn't read philosophy.

>philosophy is ideology

get a load of this kmet

This is correct. More or less everything stated has a valid counterpoint. If it does not then it will in future. Eventually you realize human wisdom is limited and we dont really know anything for sure. Philosophy is basically a long road towards becoming religious.

Nothing pisses me off more than people with little to no experience in philosophy discussing its merits.

t. Brainlet who can't STEM. Philosophy is the junk DNA of the human endeavor.

Logical positivists and empiricists make me sick.
History was built on philosophy.

Pizda je kmet

You know what's funny? That growth of technology and knowledge grew exponentially in the last 100 years, perfectly coinciding with the falling off of useless ideas like religion, art, and philosophy

Agreed

>correlation implies causation
This guy claims to be a "scientist"

>do you use syllogism? then you're a philosopher
>do you believe in equality? then you're a feminist

A p p l i c a t i o n

Life is just masturbatory nonsense

>being bad at ordered thinking is bad

>using any aspect of philosophy makes one a philosopher
"No."

>Muh technology

>I personally can't reason it out too well.
do you seriously not see the irony in your post? Is Veeky Forums this brain damaged now?

>he posts from his laptop

pretty much this

'Philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it.'

You're correct. Most philosophy is masturbatory. Read Marxist philosophy.

Did I say something bad about technology? I just don't use it as my only measuring stick.

Nowhere is that implied. It's not bad, it's just stupid. I don't think people with Down's syndrome are "bad." I pity them

Just state morality as an easy example of how relevant it can be (justice system).

If that's not enough for them you can give the argument that philosophy has an enormous influence (look at communism that took over tens of countries over the last 200 years).
In fact every aspect of philosophy has been relevant. Even identity politics changed actual laws already.

Pretty sure philosophy only exists to keep second sons occupied desu

If you aspire to be anything more than a peasant, you have to broaden your mind. Only idiots think everything is obvious and they have it all figured out.