(5 MARKS) What is the difference between epistemology and ontology? Use an example to demonstrate your understanding

(5 MARKS) What is the difference between epistemology and ontology? Use an example to demonstrate your understanding.

None of you really understand metaphysics, do you?

epistemology = what is reality
ontology = what is your/my reality

I kind of doubt anyone who claims to

me on the right

epistemology = how can we know reality
ontology = what is reality

Metaphysics is the biggest waste of time, so why waste the effort learning the bullshit labels attached to it?

you have no idea what both of these terms mean

epistemology is concerened with problems of knowledge, truth, scientific method and such. it's about what can we know, not depending upon what actually is.
ontology is theory of being. main problems are: categories, identity, qualities, substance, possibilty, necessity, relations, mereology etc.

I dated a girl with mismatched boobs like this, its fucking horrible desu

Metaphysics includes math and logic, so you're wrong.

Perfectly fine answer for such an obviously snarky OP

You're right, but somehow managed to still be retarded by saying the guy you're quoting is wrong, which makes me wonder how you manage to know that much while understanding so little.

>unambiguous terms
>literally written in Greek

Do your own homework.

How many times do I have to tell you people, DON'T POST IMAGES LIKE THAT ON A BLUE BOARD!

STEMfag here, tell me if I'm wrong

epistemology - philosophy about experience and how we come to knowledge
ontology - philosophy about the world and the structure of it

example: Understanding how it is that I come to know that water is wet is epistemology, whether or not wetness is an essential property of water is ontology

something something tempt me something jezebels something

Even with the stretch marks on her tit and her sub par face, I would love to experience her at her level.

God, I want money.

I've never looked into any of this and I'm just going by the google page of the dictionary definition.

It seems like if I were to study ontology, I'd study the natural way things are and interact - which can seemingly only be done via an epistemological lens.

Ontology would be Truth and epistemology would be how we model / comprehend that truth.

Feedback welcomed because it seems like I'm going outside the definition and making some claims here.

I torn between cringing and feeling anger whenever I read posts like this.

Epistemology is literally the study of knowledge, ontology is literally the study of being, but what most people don’t realize is that they are synonymous. Pure being is the only legitimate potentially knowable thing in existence. All other things are not actually knowledge, they are are defined by what they are not, their definable qualities are composed of qualities that’s distinguish/separate them from pure being, these things are just partially that which can be known to the extent that they are like into pure being. I’m a dick.

You're the reason why metaphysics gets called nonsense. If everything is being, just chuck it out. Everything exists because it's different from everything else, otherwise it would be that thing.
It's not that all knowledge is being, but that all being is knowledge/info.

I’m just stating Plato’s argument. All of the dialogues revolve around trying to ‘know’ something but they all come to the conclusion that you can’t ‘know’ whatever it is they are trying to know because it is not knowledge but opinion (essentially). The only thing that is entirely graspable as knowledge is pure being (the idea by which all other ideas are defined). I can’t make sense of what you are saying but I’ll respond as best I can, sentence by sentence: everything is only partially being (except being itself), courage is not wisdom but both take part in being and neither have anything that being lacks, while they are only different from being to the extent that they are inferior (ontologically) to being. All knowledge is being because the only real knowledge there is is being. Info is not knowledge... I just saw that last part. We are having two different discussions if you are equating knowledge and ‘info’

>epistemology is concerened with problems of knowledge, truth, scientific method and such. it's about what can we know, not depending upon what actually is.
>ontology is theory of being. main problems are: categories, identity, qualities, substance, possibilty, necessity, relations, mereology etc.
How is that different to what I said? Everything is knowledge/understanding. What we can know is reality. "What is reality"; literally means: "what we know".

Bane?

Ontology entails the assumptions behind epistemology: our understanding of the world is as such because the world is such that it can be understood in this way.
Ontology: universe X is such that objects in X may interact and retain a history of their interactions, within certain limits, E.
Epistemology: an object x in X has actual (non-fictive) knowledge of its history of interactions with y when that history does not contain elements which contradict the validity of the conditions E.

You read Plato wrong. See for the actual platonist view.

DUDE WEED LMAO