Go to bar that advertises having large craft beer selection

>go to bar that advertises having large craft beer selection
>99% of it is IPA

When will this fad die?

Attached: terrapin-hopsecutioner.jpg (525x504, 158K)

When you kill all the low test hipsters

>goes to craft beer fedora shithole
>complains about fads

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Hopefully never. Ipa is the pinnacle style of beer

Let's see
>uses an ironic heavy metal style font
>has a cartoon character on it

Yeah not gonna be drinking that. Rather have a fucking Bud, least it's an adult product.

It's an unfortunate consequence of craft breweries that many stick to brews most know how to make. Still, I would rather suck on hop than drink piss water like Budweiser.

Attached: can_room.jpg (1152x2048, 541K)

It's not a fad, it's people who are incapable of making beer re-branding their awful shit into "cuisine".
"oh no, this isn't an over-hopped cup of red vinegar and earwax, it's an "acquired taste"

Attached: Beer.jpg (560x315, 53K)

>ipa
>fad

It's the most popular style because it's the best, and a good IPA showcases the pinnacle of brewing with the most basic and essential ingredients, and seeing how much flavor you can get out of them. If you think IPA's are a fad in 2018 then you've clearly never been anywhere with a decent selection of craft beers.

A true artisan is able to blend a complex array of flavors. Next you'll be chewing on a block of salt and calling it fine cuisine.

>blend a complex array of flavors

That's exactly what an IPA does. What are you even trying to say?

Pushing out the full flavor of a specific hop or blend of hops with a good malt back bone to balance out the bitterness isn't easy. There are a lot of bad ipas out there. The good ones are easily some of my favorite beers though.

I'm going to have to defend some of the IPAs.

The problem was at the beginning a bunch of bros thought BITTER BEER MANLY/MOAR HOPS and you ended up with undrinkable crap like Dogfish being hyped. A properly made IPA can taste so much better.

The moral is you shouldn't let some fat asshole with a backwards baseball cap choose your beers for you.

When you say properly made IPA, do you perhaps mean a pale ale?

Dogfish unironically make great IPAs, bugman.

I bet you actually enjoy garbage like Bell's Two Hearted.

Two hearted is a good standard of the ipa. Well balanced beer. Same with 60 minute. Everything else bells has been putting out is whatever lately

If Bell's was a California company and Two Hearted was their flagship, which it is, nobody would have even heard about it and they'd likely have been out of business years ago. Same with New Glarus, who had the brilliant strategy of not distributing out of state and thereby creating a microcosm of followers with no better option and the mystique of exclusivity.

>fad
I've been of legal drinking age for a decade, IPAs were popular then, they are popular now. Hell, while the giant attention whore hop bombs died down years and years ago, everyday IPAs have only become more popular among normies.

Most of Dogfish Head's stuff is pretty damn good.
Them digits though, you sexy fucker.

This shit right here yo. Hardly tastes like alcohol, tastes like a fruit soda. And the best part? It's not some Redd's, Angry Orchard, Seagramm's, soyboy superstore commercial low ABV dick juice. Motherfuckin' Steel Reserve, son. Oh yeah, and Natty Daddy. Natty Daddy is good too.

Attached: sr.jpg (970x1000, 742K)

Have you ever tried Hopsecutioner? It's one of the best-tasting beers out there and it's over 7% abv.

>over 7% abv

7% is about average for good beer these days, the session fad notwithstanding.

Dunno, but hopefully soon.

Luckily the craft bar in my town actually has every style imaginable.

*bumps your knuckles with my knuckles*

Attached: 1515384139663.png (630x374, 173K)

that beer is made by miller/coors though

I like ipas but hopsecutioner is a crap one.
the hop schedule makes it taste like pesticide

Sours/Farmhouse/Saisons will be the next IPA. Give it another year or two.

seriously, my whole town has been this way for a few years now.
the irony is that most pubs used to have a small selection of ales, and the rest was piss lager from a keg.
now, there is a huge selection, but it's all IPA.

What does California have anything to do with it? And you're right. California has a different style of ipa. Two hearted is way too balanced for that states beer scene

Most IPA is boring and I'm really sick of the taste of pine. The non-piney ones can be quite nice though. Old Empire IPA from the UK is one of my favorites because of its total lack of pine character. But often I get really bored of the whole new world hops, hop, hops with or without tasteless malt backbone. I'd rather take a meme stout, a well-crafted purity law German anything or anything else in between.