Is Dan Schneider a good critic? (Not the child diddler)

cosmoetica.com/

His review of Infinite Jest: cosmoetica.com/B326-DES266.htm
His review of Gravity's Rainbow: cosmoetica.com/B1277-DES888.htm

His review of To The Lighthouse: cosmoetica.com/B318-DES258.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmoetica.com/B938-DES726.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=PgDvnClYmJQ
youtu.be/8IdJ83GP5cg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the only reason he's internet famous is for being a butthurt contrarian. at least Armond White is a funny contrarian, Dan just hurts to read

he wrote a review of no country for old men
he admitted to skimming through the book for "memorable paragraphs" and having simply watched the movie to familiar himself with the story

Good on him

he's trash. he goes to poetry reading q&a's to insult poets who are 5x better than him, he never went to college, he is the definition of resentful plebeian

jesus christ, wtf hahaha
that is lazy

Actually the two Dans may be closer together than you think

I read on the second review that he thinks Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five is a masterpiece. My programming tells me that this is bad think and therefore I closed the review.

He was reviewing the movie in the first place, not the book. Your reading comprehension is shit.

cosmoetica.com/B938-DES726.htm

>For example, I’ve yet to have time to read Cormac McCarthy’s Border Trilogy books, but picked up a cheap set at a used bookstore for that time in the future when I will have opportunity to read it. I did so mostly on the prodding of friends, and because of the man’s reputation. When I have had time to skim through books, at a bookstore, for example, and I look for strong chapter ends or memorable paragraphs, I find little in McCarthy to recommend. In some ways, he reminds me of Faulkner, with the occasional high end paragraph, but much prosaic and aimless writing in between. I got this feeling from looking through major sections of two of his latest novels, The Road and No Country For Old Men (the title taken from W.B. Yeats’ great poem Sailing To Byzantium). If one chances upon a good section, McCarthy can suck a novice reader in. But, land in 95% of the rest of the book, and one wonders, where’s the editor?

where did I say he was reviewing the book
I was pointing out the fact that he hadn't even read the book to see how the movie was adapted

your reading comprehension is shit.

Nowhere in his review does he aim to review the movie as an adaptation, but merely as what the movie is.

Is he actually nuts? His website is so poorly designed it looks like something a cult leader made, and he claims to have over 60 billion page views despite being a literally who.

Here's the correct answer for anyone wondering

Maybe. He's ranted about aesthetics being bullshit before, but his website is so schizophrenic looking, it's functionally hard to read. I doubt he knows much about formatting or website design.

youtube.com/watch?v=PgDvnClYmJQ

Dan Schneider on the fat (diddler) Dan Schneider: youtu.be/8IdJ83GP5cg

You guys realize this is what websites used to look like in the 90s / early 2000s right?

He's not Internet famous

He seems to be in line with a tradition of "criticism" wherein the "critic" takes on the task of confronting a text with their own vitriol in order to demonstrate in which ways the text "doesn't work" for said critic. Implicit is the assumption that I, the reader, care about their experience whatsoever.

Classic Dan.

Where can you read this?

Dan Schneider is just the Veeky Forums version of Terry Davis

I'm fairly certain you cant.
It almost makes me think he's pulling off a great troll but it just cannot be.

I just don't understand why he doesn't just release his damn novel already. I know some people have read it, so just share it damn it.

The Veeky Forums version of Piero Scaruffi. Hurts to read some of his stuff.

Sure, but there's no reason to keep it that way. Might as well update, make it easier on the eyes.

It's simply too good for this world

wrong, because scaruffi has good taste

motherfuckingwebsite.com

scaruffi is a much better writer