What was the first book you read on your e-ink device?

What was the first book you read on your e-ink device?

Fuck Nooks are so fucking aesthetically pleasing but they're crap. First book was Sometimes a Great Notion by Kesey. I figured if I could get through something like that on an ereader it stands to reason it's a good medium to use. I did and it was, and now all I use is my paperwhite. Fuck stacks and bookshelves and book smells, etc... been here done that. They're comfy, convinient and just plain fucking great. Don't care what any aestheticfag here has to say, it is what it is.

The new Nooks don't look good

It was that autobiography that made Anthony Bourdain famous. It was free through amazon prime at the time. Good book too.

They still make them? I though B&N trashed them.

divine comedy. i couldn't find a particular translation i wanted in my language, so i resorted to a kindle

They came out with the glowlight 3 this year. It lets you adjust the color temperature of the front light. It might be worth it over the kindle if you pirate more than you buy

Levithan Wakes, followed by all 6 bopks in both ink and audio formats.

A free kingle copy of The King in Yellow

I got the first Nook when I was in like middle school or the first year of high school and read this because it was free. Weird as hell, but a fun read for young me.

probably some pirated Zizek shit

"a strange manuscript found in a copper cylinder"
great 19th century story-in-a-story lost world adventure
it should have been better known but arthur conan doyle and rider haggard kind of cornered the market

The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett. Comfy shit, probably the perfect thing to read on an ereader.

Blood Meridian - Cormac McCarthy
Would not have been able to make it through if not for the Kindle's instant word lookup. Very intense read for me at the time because I had just started coming to Veeky Forums but I was immensely satisfied by it.

One of the foundation novels by asimov

Meditations

the origin of tragedy. been working my way through the entire bibliography since then

Anarchism and other essays

A Study in Scarlet

>It might be worth it over the kindle if you pirate more than you buy
NOPE. Fuck no.

Only a portion of the storage on a nook is usable for side-loaded content.

You guys know ebooks dont make you as smart as real books, right?

LOL @ wasting money on that when you can just use your phone or a modded gaming handheld.

I used to use my PSP with Bookr Mod but the only books I ever read to completion were the first (and possibly second) The Chronicles of Narnia books, and the third book in the Divergent YA series. Oh yeah, also I read the first hundred pages or so of the first Twilight book before giving up on that turd.

I think that's it. Physical paper books will always be better even if I have to pay for them. i preer it that way. I just spent about 25 to 30 bucks worth on like 6 or 7 classic books when I could have just pirated them on my phone...

Reading books on anything but actual paper or E-ink gets fucking uncomfortable pretty quickly though.

Yeah sure thing pal.

>Physical paper books will always be better even if I have to pay for them
Cool opinion.

Solaris

I read mostly on an android phone. Use the moonreader app and have a bookmark for libgen. It's so convenient, I don't know why more people don't do it.

You are (presumably) an adult and you read YA.
Your opinion doesn't matter.

damn...

Hentai for the plot

count of monte cristo

Fuck I just realized this was Veeky Forums instead of /g/.