What should i learn? Latin or Greek (or any other literary language you recommend)...

What should i learn? Latin or Greek (or any other literary language you recommend)? And what are some good resources for learning them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PvyArqkXMM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ancient greek if you like philosophy

Latin if you like theology

Chinese, because it's ancient but still in use.

What are some good programs/guide for learning a language by yourself?

I’d say Latin. They’re both very similar grammatically, but Latin was way more influential on English and the Romace languages.

If you are talking ancient (as in Attic Greek vs Latin), Latin is way easier and has way more resources and a much larger corpus.

But Greek is infinitely more beautiful, so you pick.

t.classics phd

>(or any other literary language you recommend)
Akkadian desu.

>Latin originated in Latium, Italy
Hey that's where I live.

How is Greek any more of a living language than Latin is? Isn't attic Greek as similar to modern Greek as Latin is to Spanish and Italian?

dude just start filling out the Name field

Yeah I don't think you can make a blanket statement that "Greek" is a living language. It's like talking about Beowulf and saying that "English" is still a living language. It is, technically, but the statement is meaningless.

you can't it's a stupid image

fuck that Veeky Forums is only special insofar as we are anonymous

Every post needs to fight for its own legitimacy.

Modern Greek and Ancient Greek are as different as Italian and Latin, more or less.
It's only called Greek because it resides in Greece.
idiot laytard philosophy and theology*

I think you should learn attic greek. That way it'll be easier if you plan to branch out to the bible (originally written in koiné greek) or latin. user here will tell you to learn latin first; but i think it's better to start with the hardest

Definitely Greek. It's the language of the only important philosophy and theology. Literally any version of Greek. Remember that when God walked the Earth, He spoke Greek. In a fundamental way, God is Greek. This is not surprising. Learn Greek.

You have recieved Veeky Forums gold for this commento

upboated

My friend, I have just the resource for you.

youtu.be/PvyArqkXMM8

Duolingo is free and resourceful. Good entry-level courses. Combine that with some good reading material and you'll begin to learn a new language real quick.

German.

Start with the Greek.

Ayyyy