Why didn't you tell me reading turns into collecting?

Why didn't you tell me reading turns into collecting?

Wow, you own like 50 books. Amazing collection, my dude! Truly a library of the Gods. *tips cape*

Also, you have too many Jews. I suggest you take the redpill. Start with Kevin McDonald's Culture of Critique series and move up to the infographics you'll find in the daily holocaust threads on here

that's just my hardcover shelf you cunt.

>Taipei Tao Lin
Dropped

It was shit. I preferred bed desu senpai.

Grow up

Owning things is depressing. With a kindle you can go anywhere and take all your books with you.

But I want my children to one day ignore and never read all my books. That's really easy for them if I have a kindle.

You're not going to have children.

Lol stfu

Jesus Christ user. Thats a fuckton of books. Still haven't fallen onto the TV yet? Also you should pick up some LeCarre. The Karla Trilogy was excellent.

You've got exactly the same collection as me. Vurt, wow. I can't think anyone's read that unless they went to an English university in the late 80's.

Vurt was the second book I ever read as a teenager. Pretty much got me into reading. Never ended up reading pollen but I have always wanted to. Vurt was great even though I'm not big on cyber punk.

Did you make it through Parallel stories? If so, what was your opinion?

I collect old books. This is my 18th century shelf, with the exception of the Shelley volume (1880's) and the one to its left.

Where do you get them? I find Canada lacking in antiques compared to Most places in the world.

Not telling you. I must avoid competition. If you truly want them, you will find them, and this is all I can say.

How do you maintain them? Do you have any old occult book?

>no Infinite Jest
DETESTABLE
OUTLANDISH
OUTRAGEOUS
and so on and so forth

I just leave them there. I live alone and have no pets, so that helps. I also avoid letting the sun touch them, and use some products to fight humidity in my room.

And to anwer your second question: no, I do not own any old occult books. I usually buy only literature. My oldest one is a 1672 French edition of St. Jerome's letters, which is at my sister's at the moment. I intend to buy a book from the 1500's until April next year.

Hidden behind shit you cockmaster

Well, many occult tomes are literature.
Have you read the Club Dumas? I feel like you might enjoy it with your passion. Anyway, good luck book hunting, may you find everything you seek.

OP, for once you strike me as a pretty great guy.

Nice collection.

>lonesome dove

nice

This, he got me to buy Life and Fate, so people on Veeky Forums can't be all bad

not OP, but i just bought that same edition of LD from the goodwill the other day for $1
it's with all the other 800+ pagers i'm dying to read, but instead i'm shitposting on Veeky Forums
good times

>being ashamed to display IJ front and center with pride
where did it all go wrong OP?

It's at the bottom of the stack because I read it so long ago. The stack is like a timeline.

hardcover is fucking gay OP lmao
soyboy, cuck, numale

eyyy is that the green halo 3 edition xbox 360 i see? i have that one too

I'd have that 'Last Voyage...' over any DFW anyday.

ive decided to start using my local library more in the coming year

aside from that i'll only be buying used either locally or online

theres really no reason for me to buy a new edition of a book im probably only going to read once

Yeah all my books are used 80% were a dollar or two.

What are you reading currently OP? I remember the thrill I had discovering Barth and Vollmann etc over the last 20 or so years. Nowadays nothing I find is quite so interesting. I'm currently on a Patrick Hamilton binge, acquainting myself with seedy '30s London life, otherwise reading art history, romantic poets and '60s sci fi.

It teeters on hoarding doesn't it. I can't seem to enter a bookstore without buying something. Maybe its desire, maybe its some vapid daydream that convinces me that this book will somehow change my life.

I mean at least there are worse things to collect

I'm reading the lime twig. I just finished J R and I'm really sad about it. I don't think I have ever laughed so much at a book. I feel like I became a part of the cluttered up shithole apartment.

Tell me moar about the 60s sci-fi you're reading

Usual stuff - Dick, Ballard, Lem. Working my way through Brian Aldiss short story collections and old F&SF mags I pick up at flea markets.

Inspiring me now to search out my unread JR.