What are some books that emulate the feeling of depression?

What are some books that emulate the feeling of depression?
Want some feels

If you're not too autistic to enjoy genre fiction, and specifically epic fantasy, Kaladin's arc in Stormlight Archive is the most accurate representation of what it feels like to be depressed, that I've personally read.

You want depressing books or books with depressed characters?

The Journal of a Disappointed Man by W.N.P. Barbellion.

my diary desu

Depression is the polar opposite of feels, bucko.

Still, Book of Disquiet.

Try Hans Fallada "Little Man, what now?" about a young couple during the economic depression in Germany before WW2. Seriously bleak and depressing, I am never going to read it again. Fallada has also written "The Drinker" about an alcoholic but I am not even going to attempt that.

newfag?

that what this board is about.

just lurk.

Oh, and perhaps the most feel inducing thing I have ever read is the epilogue of "Shards of Honor", a sci-fi book by Lois McMaster Bujold. Reduced me to tears the first time I read it and also the second time, and Im a 43 y/o guy.
BTW Shards of Honor is also the first book in her "Miles Vorkosigan" series. For some reason I have never seen it mentioned in lit or even sffg, but I love it and I think it is perhaps the best, and I mean consistently best, science fiction series there is. Definitely give shards of honor a try.

This, but unironically. Translated from eurotongue you shall not know:

“2.am, nightmare: X—square at night. She stood there and said I have nothing, nothing and nobody. I reached into my pockets and threw notes on the ground, then I turned towards the statues and shouted: “I have all this, this is all mine!” She was calm as She stood there. I looked back at the deserted square and wanted to explain myself:” I have money, I have this city, this is all I’ve ever needed.” Familiar thoughts. Dishonest. I lie in my sleep. As I turned back to her, She was gone. I swallowed my words.
Got up and now I write. I’ll have to get food tomorrow (today) and my wine’s almost all gone. Most likely gone by morning. Now that I think of it, my cat was up and alarm when I got up. Did I shout in my sleep? The neighbors’ looks will tell me. Another reason not to go out. No work tomorrow, fortunately. Coffee at 10 with X—, shopping after, lock myself in. Solid plan.

My throat is sore and it feels like it’s burning and my chest is heavy, hard to smoke, but I manage. Hoping this is it, for another day.

In terms of describing the mindset of someone who feels like they're worthless despite being what anyone else would call successful, No Longer Human.

The Bell Jar tbdesu

Beat me to it goddamnit

>Have good internship and good life.
>Be a depressed bitch for no reason.
The absolute state of western women.

Just don't do this. It's an interesting read but the passage of time makes Burton look like a torpedo autist.

Wow this board is starting to suck dick.

The Sorrows of Young Werther
Faust (the beginning of it)
Infinite Jest
The Bell Jar
The Catcher in the Rye
Hamlet
Macbeth
Dubliners
Crime & Punishment
Notes from the Underground

Children of Hurin

and it isn't memeing, if people has begun to think so.
It's in the top fucking 10 of most depressing books out there.

My diary, friend.

Just read The Elementary Particles you’ll want to kill yourself at the end

What kind of depression? The general malaise of day-to-day life with no real struggle or risk? Read The Player of Games.

Adding to Anons list:

The stranger for the feeling of disassociation/alienation

It’s all quiet on the western front by Remarque for the same reason as The Stranger, +deathwish

Dezső Kosztolányi: Skylark, how the apathy of a depressed daughter affects the life of her parents

Hemingway: The sun still rises, most characters are depressed

Celine: Journey to the end of the night

Short stories:
Dostoyevsky: White nights, A gentle creature
Hemingway: A clean, well-lighted place, The capital of the world,

>being this much of a cucked Ted Hughes apologist

no longer human

though i personally thought the protagonist was insufferable

Went to a Brandon book signing yesterday incidentally. Nice guy.