YOU WILL NEVER CHANGE MY MIND

Attached: 1521972524394.jpg (500x497, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crust_(baking)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A waffle is an onion
You will never change my mind
Newfags btfo

This is a reddit meme.

It doesn't matter to me, I eat it every year on my birthday and it's amazing. Having a birthday on Pi Day kicks ass.

That's actually the most convincing argument so far

Pie isn't cake.

the narwhal bacons at midnight xD

I browse reddit too haha. Nice to see a bro here

le cake is a pie.

Oh shoot I never knew this, recipe?

Key Lime Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Baked Alaska...any "pie" where it's a solid all the way through instead of bits of fruit in sugared sauce is cake.

ur a fucking idiot

pies use pastry dough and cakes don't
all those "pies" you listed use pastry dough and are in a typical pie configuration, therefore they are pies

you are a fucking idiot
-bog

I laughed, fuck you

Attached: steamed fans.png (1252x2878, 3.59M)

the use of pastry dough on the bottom of these items does not indicate it's a pie, in fact, the crust of a pie is A- just a very dense very thin layer of cake, and B- does not define a pie.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (620x456, 64K)

Attached: Untitled.png (620x326, 13K)

the bigger question that no one is asking is whether cheesecake is a pie or a cake

pie

cake, it's even in the name you retard

It's a desert pizza

it can be a cake, it can't not be a pie though

everything mentioned here so far is 'za

Attached: d8584dd1-1384-4cec-aa89-675b4973e28a.jpg (800x450, 56K)

so its both?
mexicangirl.jpg

cheesecake doesn't have flour in it you tard. cane be a cake

>vegetables and a crouton
That's a salad.

there is no way i'm pronouncing it "pahy" nor is anything with meat a pie you limey fuck

It's a custard pie. Cheesecake is also not a cake, it's a pie.

Just because the filling has less flour and more custard-y doesn't make it a pie. It's still just cake, as is cheesecake.

the consensus online is that cheesecake is a pie. sorry you PERSONALLY feel differently but it's objectively a pie

there's no sugar in pie crust, what kind of cakes are you eating?

>consensus
>objectively
ok

even without sugar it's still a very flat cake in the same way a cracker is just very flat bread

>This is basically just a very this that
Bro, there are different words for a reason

This is a better meme

Attached: 1493850454848.png (491x631, 377K)

Gurl, there are sminlar meanings for words that are spelled incorrectly

Well, technically that's true but I'm old and the only Star Wars I ever saw was the original in 1978 when I was 7, and I wasn't impressed and never went back, so I don't really get the joke but yes there are breadcrumbs on chicken so if he wants to consider it a sammy let him, it's just a neutral evil

but yes, this is what a pie should look like

i'm not anti-pie particularly, it's just that Key Lime Pie is, empirically, a cake.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (638x292, 80K)

To be quite honest, there's little difference between Reddit and Veeky Forums these days and a lot of our community cross-posts there whether they want to admit it or not.

>Claiming objectivity of language
By your definition key lime pie is not a pie but you can easily define it as a pie. Arguing about definitions unnecessarily is retarded btw. You're not a mathematician, you don't need air tight definitions in life.

huh?

>cake
That's a funny way to spell dogshit

Literally the only time something we call a pie is actually a cake is a Boston cream pie, which is 100% a cake.

Holy fuck GREAT STORY

Attached: 1520502361438.jpg (126x126, 4K)

how 2 reading comprehension?

>it's a redditor tries to convince himself his cross-posting shit is common or welcome episode
It's neither. Fuck off.

Attached: chris.png (1203x1051, 1.29M)

That's fucking stupid. You're stupid. You could have whatever for your birthday on any day.

Asked my mother who's sitting next to me if she thinks key lime pie is cake. She says it's not cake

She also says she wouldn't call it a pie either. So what is it?

If you want to be anal about the definition it's technically a type of tart, though most people don't refer to it as that.

Why is it a cake if it's not called a cake, and doesn't meet the definitions of a cake? It's a pie. Otherwise yeah, what said

The definition of a pie is
>a dessert consisting of a filling (as of fruit or custard) in a pastry shell or topped with pastry or both
which fits a key lime pie. The definition for a tart is
>a dish baked in a pastry shell : pie
Which means it's both a tart and a pie.

Every key lime pie I have seen is not encased in or topped with pastry, therefore it cannot be a pie.

Key lime pie has no pastry topping and is not completely encased in a pastry shell, therefore it is a tart.

In other words, a pie without any kind of pastry on top of the filling is a tart.

Were you born on the 3rd day of the 14th month? Or are you a burger?

Pie by definition doesn't need pastry on top you mong. Get over it. You can't just change the definition to fit your narrative.

That's okay, OP. You can believe what you want, it doesn't make you right and I still get to laugh at you behind your back.

But the very definition of pie states it doesn't need a pastry shell on top. Maybe if you'd read the post you quoted you'd realize that. I guess by your completely made up definition pies need to be topped with pastry?

A tart is a type of pie.

What kind of pie is topped with pastry but not in a pastry shell?

if it doesn't have flour, is it really a cake?
at least pumpkin pie and keylime can be baked without traditional crust

upside down keylime cake

It's a tart.

so's you're mom
doesn't mean I talk about her on the internet

>But the very definition of pie states it doesn't need a pastry shell on top

The definition we're talking about clearly states that the filling is encased in a "shell". I'm not sure how it can be encased if it's not covered on the top.

Yes, I just said that.

>user btfo online
>resorts to yo momma jokes

user, if you think I'm op you're dumber than your mom

You mean soup served in a bread bowl.

you're clearly bum blasted, doesn't matter if you're op or not.

Lemon pie is better than key lime pie.

>The definition we're talking about clearly states that the filling is encased in a "shell". I'm not sure how it can be encased if it's not covered on the top.
Since I just love spoonfeeding retards I guess I'll repost the definition.
>a dessert consisting of a filling (as of fruit or custard) in a pastry shell or topped with pastry or both
You see the "or both" part of the sentence refers to the fact that the pastry shell could be underneath, on top, or in both places. Please read more carefully next time.

If its baked with a pie crust in a pie tray, its a pie.

"In a pastry shell" implies that the filling is completely enclosed within the pastry.

Not according to the definition it's not. Are you just making up your own? Pastry shells = completely enclosed according to user, but nobody else. Ok. I guess you should be saying "according to the definition key lime is a pie but I personally don't believe so" which I guess is far less catchy.

"shell" is always completely enclosed. If it wasn't then we'd be using terms like "crust" instead.

Check any half-decent cookbook: A pie is completely enclosed in pastry, a tart is open on the top.

>"shell" is always completely enclosed.
Literally according to who besides yourself?
>If it wasn't then we'd be using terms like "crust" instead.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crust_(baking)
Crust on a pie specifically refers to the hard outer layer of the shell on top.
>Check any half-decent cookbook: A pie is completely enclosed in pastry, a tart is open on the top
If that's true, please fell free to pull up literally any piece of evidence to support this. According to everything I've read online, that's not true and you're completely making it up.

So by your logic pecan pie is not a pie but a tart? You have a lot of explaining to do to the antebellum south.

There's no flour, starch, or binder to bring the wet ingredients together making it more of a topless custard tart.

Why does pie need any of those things? Also pies don't need a top by definition. A chocolate Pudding Pie doesn't have a top, for example. Neither does banana cream pie, pecan pie, and plenty others.

Attached: 358053_chocolate-pudding-pie_1x1.jpg (600x600, 57K)

>Literally according to who besides yourself?
The only cookbooks I have near me now are How to Cook Everything by Bittman, and The Professional Chef, which is a textbook used by many cooking schools including the CIA (Culinary Institute of America). They both state that pies are enclosed whereas tarts have an open top.

>>Crust on a pie specifically refers to the hard outer layer of the shell on top.
Then pic related is really going to blow your mind.

>>According to everything I've read online
You know that most things online regarding cooking are utter bullshit, right?

>So by your logic pecan pie is not a pie but a tart?
Technically yes. Many things we call "pies" are actually tarts. But as I said earlier, that's being pedantic:
>If you want to be anal about the definition it's technically a type of tart, though most people don't refer to it as that.

Attached: pie_crust.jpg (600x450, 273K)

op here

ty

he could but he's not, he's eating it every year on his birthday and it's amazing. Having a birthday on Pi Day kicks ass.

cheap microwave chicken pot pie but i'm prepared to classify that as dinner and thus not pie either

WIN.PDF

i add a little flour to my pumkin pie filling so then it's cake but key lime pie has the same consistency and so it is also a cake

bread bowls are the most repugnant thing on the planet. Do you know how many more hands have touched that thing before they put your food in it and then expect you to treat it as food itself when it's not, it's tableware. as opposed to a clean ceramic plate? Don't put that shit in your mouth. Try not to lick the salt shakers while you're at it. Filthy.

I can bake on-the-bone lemon chicken with pie crust in a pie tray and it's not gonna ever be pie, that's just fuckin dinner

it is a cake
key lime pie is a cake
your arguments leave me unconvinced
it's all cakey

Attached: 1522009625905.jpg (620x456, 47K)

so, then in your opinion, jam is pie

>The only cookbooks I have near me now are How to Cook Everything by Bittman, and The Professional Chef, which is a textbook used by many cooking schools including the CIA (Culinary Institute of America). They both state that pies are enclosed whereas tarts have an open top.
It's hilarious you can't find anything online to substantiate your claim, and you can't even post a picture from your phone of these book passages. I think you're completely lying.
>Then pic related is really going to blow your mind.
It's almost like it's a quick label to sell a product
>You know that most things online regarding cooking are utter bullshit, right?
Then it's even FUNNIER that you can't find any evidence to refute me.
>Technically yes. Many things we call "pies" are actually tarts. But as I said earlier, that's being pedantic:
It's not just being pedantic, it's blatantly not true. Please, once again post a source claiming that chocolate pies and pecan pies are actually tarts. You won't be able to find it because it doesn't exist, of course.

>it is a cake
>key lime pie is a cake
>your arguments leave me unconvinced
>it's all cakey
So it's a cake... because it's a cake. Even though by definition a key lime pie is a pie, even though it has "pie" in the name and even though it doesn't fit the definition of a cake whatsoever, it's still a cake?

You know the goal of a troll is to type less than your victims, I'd say you failed.

>So by your logic pecan pie is not a pie but a tart?
>Technically yes.
no it is a cake
no wait
pecan pie is a pie, correct carry on

i already answered that question
pic related

Attached: 1522034675604.jpg (638x292, 78K)

i'd say i succeeded
80 posts into an argument with a cake absolutist?
channing at it's finest

Attached: Untitled.jpg (928x514, 253K)

When you post huge walls of text to try defending your point, I'd say you didn't succeed.

copypastas gottaa come from somewhere yo

look i baked a cake

Attached: Untitled.png (556x378, 333K)

>copypastas gottaa come from somewhere
From desperation, I guess.

>copypastas gottaa come from somewhere yo
So you're just pretending to be retarded. Ok.

no, klp is definitiley cake and no i'm not pretending anything