I want to learn Finnish, because Finland seems like a comfy country. Is there any good literature in Finnish ?

I want to learn Finnish, because Finland seems like a comfy country. Is there any good literature in Finnish ?

>Is there any good literature in Finnish ?
No. Finnish literature is stuck at war shit and stories from the 60's. You can find better literature in any other language

Stick to English (or/and your native language)

Do you want a Finnish friend to help you on your journey, OP?

There is some great literature in Finnish, both old and contemporary. I think someone who is interested in Finland would enjoy them a lot, and that's not the only reward of learning a language anyway.

SHUT THE HELL UR MOUTH KYS KIDD HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAH

Well, I haven't even begun yet, I was thinking on signing up to some classes that the "nordic institute" offers in Barcelona.
But of course, I'd love to talk to you user :DD

Do you use Discord?

You can add me!
Soot#8106

hang yourself you autistic weaboo

There's the Kalevala, that's basically their WE WUZ story.

(OP)
europeeaboo, even

I'm already european.

Alastalon salissa

/thread

Try "Sinuhe the Egyptian", it was the world's bestselling book that year when it came out and it remains the most successful book by a Finnish author ever to this day. It basically single-handedly founded the genre of today's historical fiction books.

BTW it was written by Mika Waltari.

just do norwegian, better literature and you'll still be in the same region. but weebs don't actually travel, do they?

The best of Finnish art is Kaurismaki.

The only Finnish literature worth reading is Kalevala and maybe Waltari if you really want to read Finnish stuff. Don't bother with the language if you are looking for a good read, or for anything else really. It's a fustratingly difficult language spoken by 5.5 million people in an irrelevant country populated with people who still hold an agrarian mentality.
Kalavela is cool though.

> le self-loathing finn

Only half-Finn, thank God.

An user once recommended to me Väinö Linna’s Under the North Star trilogy, but I never got around to reading it so I dunno.